AC Flight Rescheduled? Advice?

Gigi22

DIS Veteran
My post-cruise return flight from FLL has been rescheduled from departure at 6:30 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. This means missing my last possible connecting flight home from Toronto. This schedule has me getting home after 8 a.m. the following morning. Not acceptable in so many ways. The air reservation was made by my cruise consultant @ the cruise line. This is months away, so should I jump up and down now, with so many flights being rescheduled, or wait until closer to the cruise date? I haven’t flown anywhere since Jan. 2020, pre-Covid.

You can call AC or go online. If the flight was rescheduled and you haven't confirmed the change, you can ask that they put you on any other flight.

call cruiseline rep and ask to get on a direct return flight. the FLL airport is 10 minutes from the port so ideally you could ask for a afternoon flight. Hopefully they can accommdate that but not sure if you have that flexibility when booking air with cruiseline. Also it may be possible to remove the air portion from your cruise and book on your own if you could find something better on your own.

It's also worth looking at flights out of Miami. It's only about half an hour down the road and the cruiseline will provide for-fee shuttle service there for any cruises docking in Fort Lauderdale.

From FLL, you will be able to fly direct to Toronto or Montreal on AC... and then onward to wherever you need to go... there is usually an afternoon flight option. Ottawa has had on again/off again direct flight. Now, the sked change is over 3 hours, so potentially entitled to a refund and rebook on another airline... if the pricing would now be lower...

Two days ago AC changed our flights. Outbound was moved to a flight 4.5 hours later in the day. Return was moved to a flight 5 hours earlier. I called yesterday and switched our outbound to a morning flight so we were able to recover 6 hours. There are no other options for the return so it it was it is. We will not have any time on our departure day. We'll get up, have breakfast and head to the airport. We still have 3 months until we travel. I'm hoping for no further changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter