Absolute latest to leave for airport

You don't have to, but the airline doesn't have to wait for you either. How big of an issue would missing your flight be? Is there a later one? What would be the fee to catch it if you missed yours? Do you have to be home the next day? Would you sleep in the airport? I'm just putting out the things that have happened and can happen. Hope it works out.
Well, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if I missed my flight. If that happened, I’d just head back to Anaheim and spend the rest of the day doing what I love! I’d have to find a hotel room, that’s prob not too hard even last minute if I’m not being picky.
I don’t have to be home the next day, I’d like but luckily I’ll still be on vacation from work

And no later flight…. At least not direct. I’d be able to find a later flight to SFO and then maybe a smaller plane/later flight to home

Sounds perfect. You'll have lots of time in the park before you leave. BTW, did you find some shoes to go with your dress?
Nooooo! Ahhhck
Posing quite a challenge! They have to be super cute…of course but more importantly comfortable

This is a rope drop to until they kick me out day…
And I’m just (slowly) getting over a bout of plantar fasciitis (nurse curse) and have to baby my feet.

Nooooo! Ahhhck
Posing quite a challenge! They have to be super cute…of course but more importantly comfortable

And I’m just (slowly) getting over a bout of plantar fasciitis (nurse curse) and have to baby my feet.
Oh, I've had plantar fasciitis. I hope yours is better soon!

Hoka shoes made all the difference for me. I'm not sure if they make cute ones, though. I wish they made a Mary Jane or loafer.

Nooooo! Ahhhck

What is the costume? Would Oofos work?

Get TSA precheck. You fill out the form online and then can go into a Staples/Office Depot for the appointment. My husband and I were issued our known traveler ID number within 1 business day of our appointment. It’s so easy and considerably lowers the time you will need for security.

I think I’m going to aim with leaving Disneyland in enough time to grab my suitcase and be picked up between 12-12:15

Now just to decide to use Lyft or a rescheduled ride share
Karmel is $75

Lyft is likely a bit less but it would be nice, given my need for a ride at that very moment, and then it’s already coming when I need it…

I just flew out of LAX last Wednesday for a noon flight. A one hour drive from home at 8 am to LAX took 2 hours. I then sat in traffic on the airport loop, not moving for 30 minutes. I had to run for the terminal after parking. If I had not already checked in, and if I had to wait in the long security line at Delta, I would not have made it. I have TSA precheck which saved me. You also need time to buy food to take on the plane. I had a five hour flight to Florida. You should leave 4 hours before your flight because traffic is bad after 1 pm everywhere, and if you hit the mess I did, you won;t make it.

I absolutely hate rushing in airports, so I'm always the early bird and rather have time to kill than running to the gate....or worse...miss my flight! If it were me, I would leave DL no later than 1145...but preferably 1130. La La land traffic is unpredictable, and I won't risk it if I have a flight to catch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter