About to bid, confused about use year/if I have to use points immediately or lose them

MistisoMan

Earning My Ears
Looking at a contract with 2021 points and a December use year. If I get passed ROFR guessing it would be done sometime in November. Does that mean I have a month or less to use those points? Not really sure how banking/using/borrowing works.

Right now, we are in the Dec 2020 UY. Dec 2021 UY points are valid from 12/1/2021 until November 30th, 2022.

Dec UY can be tough to understand at first because the majority of the months are in the following calendar year.

Just forget about that and set your mind to Dec to be the start!

Right now, we are in the Dec 2020 UY. Dec 2021 UY points are valid from 12/1/2021 until November 30th, 2022.

Dec UY can be tough to understand at first because the majority of the months are in the following calendar year.

Just forget about that and set your mind to Dec to be the start!
Thank you! So there is nothing going to be wasted as it states there is no 2020 points and I'd get 65 points in December.

Are points used when a reservation is made or when the reservation is used?

Thank you! So there is nothing going to be wasted as it states there is no 2020 points and I'd get 65 points in December.

Are points used when a reservation is made or when the reservation is used?

Correct. Nothing lost. Everything is based on when you take the trip. So, those 65 points can be used for any trip you book that takes place in the 2021 UY…12/1/2021 until November 30, 2022.

It doesn’t matter when you book, just when you go.

Correct. Nothing lost. Everything is based on when you take the trip. So, those 65 points can be used for any trip you book that takes place in the 2021 UY…12/1/2021 until November 30, 2022.

It doesn’t matter when you book, just when you go.
You're the best. I know the mods probably get the dumbest/repeated questions all the time. I'm sorry to add to them but extremely thankful for the insight. I wish there was an active chat site.

You're the best. I know the mods probably get the dumbest/repeated questions all the time. I'm sorry to add to them but extremely thankful for the insight. I wish there was an active chat site.

Happy to help! I have a Dec UY and you have to get used to it. Once you do, it’s easy!

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter