• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

About the alcohol tastings...

When you receive the bill for the tasting there is a line for tip. I usually add a tip.

If you get your tasting tickets in advance (from the location at embarkation or guest services), you will not get a bill at the tasting and therefore no "line for a tip".

We typically do not tip at the tasting. If the bartender had a good program, we usually frequent the bar they are working in and tip plenty on those visits.

If you get your tasting tickets in advance (from the location at embarkation or guest services), you will not get a bill at the tasting and therefore no "line for a tip".

We typically do not tip at the tasting. If the bartender had a good program, we usually frequent the bar they are working in and tip plenty on those visits.

I've never had a tasting where I paid for it when I signed up at Guest Services or the embarkation day sign-up location. Yes, they give you the ticket when you sign up, but you don't pay to get the ticket. I've always been presented with a bill towards the end of the tasting.

I don't remember whether there was a 15% auto-gratuity or not. I tend to think not, but my memory is fuzzy. I don't know if I can blame my age, or the fact that I'm usually a little tipsy by the time the bill arrives. :)

I don't recall there being an auto-gratuity on our mixology class. For my husband and myself, the bill was $40 and we left another $10. It ended up just being us and another couple so it was a very interactive, fun class.

I don't recall there being an auto-gratuity on our mixology class. For my husband and myself, the bill was $40 and we left another $10. It ended up just being us and another couple so it was a very interactive, fun class.
I'll admit, I can't recall whether there was an autogratutity added to our Mixology charge or not. And I can't find the final bill to see what the charge was. I'm pretty certain, however, that my husband took care of signing the charge slip and would have added a tip, if there wasn't one.

They will bring a receipt at the end of the tasting . There is no auto gratuity on it but there is a line for a tip on the receipt should you decide to tip them. My husband has done the Cognac tastings on just about every cruise so far, and the receipt at the end is fairly new. :) I think he started getting those in June.

They will bring a receipt at the end of the tasting . There is no auto gratuity on it but there is a line for a tip on the receipt should you decide to tip them. My husband has done the Cognac tastings on just about every cruise so far, and the receipt at the end is fairly new. :) I think he started getting those in June.
We had the charge slip on our 2014 cruise.

My first cruise was in 2014 and I received a charge slip at the end of both the tastings I did on that first cruise and every tasting I've done since.

I sailed a few weeks ago and didn't receive a receipt for any of the tasting classes. I just asked for a zero charge receipt and was able to add a tip that way.

My first cruise was in 2014 and I received a charge slip at the end of both the tastings I did on that first cruise and every tasting I've done since.
We started sailing in November 2013 and maybe they did have them back then and I just don't remember him mentioning them. :) He would pay for it either at GS or at the La Piazza and they would give him a ticket. But on his birthday cruise this past June, he did the Cognac tasting (again) and he came back to the cabin mentioning that they had printed up a receipt for everyone at the tasting. Probably another case of some things are done and somethings are not. lol Like the Navigator thing/test. In June we got the one page insert after the first day, and in September for my birthday cruise, we were back to full Navigators. Then on the Fantasy a week later they were also full Navigators. It gets confusing! :)

do they give you pins anymore? we've done several wine tastings where we received a pin.

do they give you pins anymore? we've done several wine tastings where we received a pin.
I received the Stem to Stern Wine Pin from the chocolate and liquor tasting I did in Feb. Looks identical to the one attached

Attachments

• Pin.jpg
    Pin.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter