• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about Sci-Fi

kctinkerbell

Mouseketeer
I know there are many mixed reviews about this place. I think my kids (6&4) would get a real kick out of the place. I've read they have good burgers and shakes. Is it possible to get burgers and shakes for dinner? They are not listed on the dinner menu.
Thank-you!!
kctinkerbell

As hamburgers aren't on the dinner menu, I highly doubt they're available for dinner.

Why not go to Sci-Fi for lunch? DH and I did this on our trip, and it was great!

One of my teens got a burger for dinner there, and it wasn't very good. It was really hard and, perhaps, had been left over from lunch. He didn't finish it, and this is a kid who eats large quantities every couple hours.

To answer your question, you can get burgers at dinner, but the quality may be suspect.

I would recommend lunch. I love this place... the cheesy sci-fi trailers are awesome. In my opinion, their food isn't horrible, but it isn't fabulous either.

Nevertheless, this is definetly one of my "must do's" at Disney World!

Good luck!

We ate at Sci-fi this past December. We wore not planning on going to MGM at all but decided at the last moment to visit this park as well. We got caught in rain and even with rain ponchos got soaking wet, as a way to escape from the rain we tried this restaurant and we LOVED it. Without PS we wore seated within 5 minutes at 12:30. Even thought I have heard about the poor food and slow service here I did not say anything as I did not want to influence my family, their reviews wore two thumbs up. My gang all had burgers and shakes I opted for the grilled Reuben sandwich. The portions wore huge and everyone truly enjoyed this place. The service was very fast and friendly. Since we let our two boys (13 & 11) "drive" the waiter gave them each their very own "drivers license" that they each filled out in order to be official :)

On our first visit to Sci Fi, we went for dinner. I didn't realize that burgers were not on the menu for dinner, but when I asked they went ahead and made a burger for me. It wasn't all that great though, maybe because it wasn't part of their normal dinner menu. DH got something else off the menu, can't remember what, but I know it was OK but not great. We loved this place though, the cheesy movie clips and the theming here is awesome. So for the next trip we made a PS for lunch. Much better - burgers all around, and great burgers too!

Now we go here for lunch every trip. I highly recommend lunch over dinner.

I think you have to try it and form your own opinion. We've been to several that people rave about and wouldn't return.

This year we are taking 5 nieces and nephews - 3 for the first time and 2 whom we have taken before. When discussing restaurants Sci Fi was on their list. I agree try it for lunch - late lunch if you were leaning towards dinner so you can get burgers. Let's face it, it's a drive in setting and I don't expect gourmet cuisine or the type of menu served at the Brown Derby. It's fun and it's great for burgers and shakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter