? about late evenings and the wristbands

andychris14

DIS Veteran
I remember from last year that on the nights that the park stayed opened to resort guests you needed to get a wrist band.
Here is my ?- We are going to be in the magic kingdom and they go on a magic fireworks cruise at the contemporary. After the cruise we will return to the mk since the park will close after midnight. When and where do you get the wristbands? I think I will already be on the cruise when they hand them out. I am getting into a panic. What should we do??????

They start giving them out two hours before the park closes, so you may be able to do that. You can get them near the park entrance, but there are also other places throughout the park to get them. We got one near Cinderella's Carousel last week. But just ask any CM and they should be able to direct you to a place to get one. Enjoy the cruise!

You'll be able to get back into the park even if the park is "closed" to the general public. There were likely be either a wristband location at City Hall or in front of the train station before you travel under it. There are other locations throughout the park, but they may "close down" earlier than these at the front of the park (I'm not certain about that at all, but I'm sure that these ones in the front of the park will be available for you).

As long as you have your resort ID with you, you can get back in the park after closing for the EMH. You can get your wristband when you enter back into the park!

During the Christmas and Halloween parties, they do the same thing as the EMH with the wristbands. We entered the park just as the party was started and they put them right on and the turnstylse/enterence(sp?). If they do not do that, they normaly hand them out right next to City Hall as you enter the park.....

But what ever you do, Dont Panic... just Relax... it is a vacation ;)

We have a friend who will be joining us at the parks - he doesn't have the Extra Magic Hours. We will be able to get the wristbands, but can he stay with us after hours in the parks? He knows he will not be able to ride the rides, but that's okay. He just wants to hang out with us.

Will he be told to leave the park if he doesn't have a wristband? Please educate me. ;)

thanks!

LSUmom4kids said:
He knows he will not be able to ride the rides, but that's okay. He just wants to hang out with us.

Will he be told to leave the park if he doesn't have a wristband?

As long as he is in the park before closing time, he'll be fine (he can't come thru the gates w/o a resort card after regular closing time).

He can walk and tour the park with you, buy food and other items, just not enter the queues for the rides.

Robo said:
As long as he is in the park before closing time, he'll be fine (he can't come thru the gates w/o a resort card after regular closing time).

He can walk and tour the park with you, buy food and other items, just not enter the queues for the rides.
We just got back, and they are checking very thoroughly at the rides for the wristbands. We saw several groups denied ride access because of this....

DrTomorrow said:
We just got back, and they are checking very thoroughly at the rides for the wristbands. We saw several groups denied ride access because of this....

I don't understand your post.

Are you just agreeing with me or disagreeing with me.

My post stated that the non-resort guest can not ride (as you did).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter