?? about kids club and id's

kajohn

DIS Veteran
This is my first cruise taking the kids, and I just wanted to know if anyone knows how they handle an emergency on board, and the kids clubs etc.

When I sailed RCCL in Alaska last summer, as kids were getting on board I saw a line where kids were getting ID bracelets that they wore all the time, that I believe had some sort of a code, on it as well as their lifeboat number. Since I didn't have kids with me I don't know if this was mandatory or voluntary, but I think it was for in case of an emergency, if they were separated from their parents, a crew member could take them to the appropriate life boat to find their parents.

Does DCL have kids wear any kind of identification, so that if there truly was an emergency, and kids were in a panic, crew could help them find their parents at the proper life boats? I guess it could also be used if a little one got separated from their parents, and was crying and not able to communicate very well, the crew could find their parents based on their ID bracelet.

Also, what is the policy if there is an emergency and the ship has to be evaculated and the kids are in the clubs? Do they give you that kind of information when you sign up for the club?

I know I'm sounding like a worry wart, but I'm a mom, and I worry!

Does DCL have kids wear any kind of identification, so that if there truly was an emergency, and kids were in a panic, crew could help them find their parents at the proper life boats?

Our girls had name tags with bar codes that could be linked to the registration info. Also, we were given pagers. My girls didn't hang out too much in the clubs, as they preferred tagging along with my husband and I. They were both a little shy I think. So I most likely don't have the best info to give you, but I do recall the ID pins with the bar codes.

When you register your children with the program initially, they are given a wristband that they will wear for the duration of the cruise that has all of the important information on it.

Every child wears the hospital-style ID bracelet which contains their "muster station" identification number and other information. Safety is absolutely a top priority and the crew practices all sorts of drills on EVERY cruise. I'm sure that they are well-prepared in the (God forbid) event that they had to get children to the proper muster station.

once you register your child in the kid's program and they have the wrist band, if your child ever is lost on the ship, have them tell a cast member that they are lost. The cast member can then use the wrist band to page your beeper and tell you where to report. Of course, we know this one from experience... ;-)

kajohn - One last point about security in the clubs. You & your child will pick a password and the staff will not release your child to you unless you know it.

Allison

Every child wears the hospital-style ID bracelet which contains their "muster station" identification number and other information.
I just checked with my husband and my girls again after reading these posts. Neither of my kids got a wrist band ? The only thing they gave us was the bar coded name tag and a pager. They were in the Oceaneer's Lab for kids ages 9-12. I don't know if maybe only the Oceaneer's Club for the younger kids get the wrist bands ? Or...maybe they forgot to give us the wrist bands ? This has me very curious now.
:confused:

Maria, did your kids have the ability to sign themselves out? If so then they don't get the wristband, you're correct. My 9-year-old did not have the ability to sign herself out and she had the wristband in December.

Maria, did your kids have the ability to sign themselves out? If so then they don't get the wristband, you're correct. My 9-year-old did not have the ability to sign herself out and she had the wristband in December.
Yes Michelle ! This must be why then......we were on the cruise in November. We authorized them to be able to sign themselves out, with the condition that we were paged and we arranged a meeting place. My 12 year old is very responsible and we felt comfortable enough doing this. Thanks for the clarification.

In all the months of reading this board, and looking at people pictures, I never heard mention of wrist bands, or noticed any in pictures. Glad to know that they have them.

My youngest is almost 5 and last week, at our gym, he lost his ID tag, so when my husband picked him up, they asked what his dad's name was to verify it was him, and all he would say was "his name is dad". Glad to hear if he gets lost, he will have an identifying bracelet on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter