• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about AP's

disneyseniors

DIS Veteran
I have been looking through the threads and haven't found the answer to my question yet, so here goes:
My husband and I are going to buy Seasonal AP's, out of state.
We plan to stay at RPR for the EP's.
I was wondering if you could just show proof that you paid for the AP's at check in, or do I need to go to the park, activate them, then spend time returning to the resort to check in?
I hope proof will be enough until we get back from a day in the parks.
We are doing seasonal AP's because we are retired and only visit in the "off" season, never during holidays, summer, or Spring break. So those work for us.
thanks in advance. We can't wait until March/FEb. 2020.

This is the original post for a new thread. Don't know why the post reply came up? Please post as a new thread.

You don’t have to show the AP at check in. Just show them at some point during your stay.

It’s been a few years, but last time we got APs, we were able to pick them up at the hotel (not at the check in desk, but at a will call kiosk.

We checked in first, left our bags at luggage services, got our APs, got the EPS, and hopped on the boat to the parks.

When they contacted us saying the room was ready (mid afternoon if I recall correctly), we returned to the hotel and showed the APs, got our room keys coded, and had the bags sent up to the rooms.

I have been looking through the threads and haven't found the answer to my question yet, so here goes:
My husband and I are going to buy Seasonal AP's, out of state.
We plan to stay at RPR for the EP's.
I was wondering if you could just show proof that you paid for the AP's at check in, or do I need to go to the park, activate them, then spend time returning to the resort to check in?
I hope proof will be enough until we get back from a day in the parks.
We are doing seasonal AP's because we are retired and only visit in the "off" season, never during holidays, summer, or Spring break. So those work for us.
thanks in advance. We can't wait until March/FEb. 2020.

Glad to see your question was answered but if you have more you can ask on the ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more...... thread. Lots of new info can be found there! LINK

This is assuming you were able to book with an AP rate, correct? Be aware that you don't get an AP rate automatically by having an AP.

Yes, that's what I assumed! Do you mean we might not get an AP rate even if we have an AP? I don't understand that at all. That's one of the selling points of an AP, isn't it? Does it depend of a certain # of AP rooms that are available, or????
thanks.

You don’t have to show the AP at check in. Just show them at some point during your stay.

It’s been a few years, but last time we got APs, we were able to pick them up at the hotel (not at the check in desk, but at a will call kiosk.

We checked in first, left our bags at luggage services, got our APs, got the EPS, and hopped on the boat to the parks.

When they contacted us saying the room was ready (mid afternoon if I recall correctly), we returned to the hotel and showed the APs, got our room keys coded, and had the bags sent up to the rooms.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. One of the posters said it's assuming you have an AP rate, and intimated that you don't always get an AP rate at hotels????? What is your take on this? thanks.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. One of the posters said it's assuming you have an AP rate, and intimated that you don't always get an AP rate at hotels????? What is your take on this? thanks.

Yes, AP discounts aren’t just available to everyone.

There are only a certain amount of rooms with the discount, which is why you see folks stalking the site when they think the AP discounts are due out.

I think there’s a thread in the hotel board that Keishashadow started for AP discount details, I haven’t read the thread though so not sure what’s in it.

Yes, AP discounts aren’t just available to everyone.

There are only a certain amount of rooms with the discount, which is why you see folks stalking the site when they think the AP discounts are due out.

I think there’s a thread in the hotel board that Keishashadow started for AP discount details, I haven’t read the thread though so not sure what’s in it.

So, I guess I should get with it and buy those AP's this next week, and not wait around til closer to our trip date on 2/24/20.
Then I will call and see what they have available, IF the rates are out by then. Guess I'll have to haunt these boards to catch that!
Thanks, Schumi: We will go whatever the rate is, but it would be nice to get a discount. Universal looks better and better to us lately. We have never taken the time to check out the stores or all the non big ticket attractions. It was always zip to those. Now when we are AP's, we will take the time to experience all of Universal. I'm sure there is a lot that we missed in our rushing from attraction to attraction.
thanks for the AP info:)

Lol......haunting the boards!!!

I don’t know anything about room discounts and timing for AP discounts, but there are plenty of people on the boards that do and will keep you right. As cachaaf mentioned, you don’t need the actual AP to book, you just have to show it at some point during your trip, so no rush to buy unless you just want to have them.

Yes, you’ll enjoy being able to take time and smell the roses now. It is the best way to do Universal........there are so many little gems that a lot of folks miss doing exactly as you described, but if time is limited it’s understandable.

Good luck......hope you get a discount......

So, I guess I should get with it and buy those AP's this next week, and not wait around til closer to our trip date on 2/24/20.
Then I will call and see what they have available, IF the rates are out by then. Guess I'll have to haunt these boards to catch that!
Thanks, Schumi: We will go whatever the rate is, but it would be nice to get a discount. Universal looks better and better to us lately. We have never taken the time to check out the stores or all the non big ticket attractions. It was always zip to those. Now when we are AP's, we will take the time to experience all of Universal. I'm sure there is a lot that we missed in our rushing from attraction to attraction.
thanks for the AP info:)
It's well worth the time to try & get an AP discount. Just to give you some perspective, we're booked at the Hard Rock for Christmas Eve night in a Garden View 2 queen room. Regular rate = $569...our AP rate for the night (drumroll, please, lol) = $219! It's not always that dramatic a difference but it is always significant :).

AP room rates usually show up 90 days before the visit. Yes, they are limited and they go fast.

You can book the room now at the standard rate and pay a one night stay deposit, then call when the AP rate comes out and switch over to that.

You do not need to have the AP when you book the room, but must show it before check out to keep the AP rate on the room.

This is the link to the thread that talks about AP rates. In the first post is a link you can use that already has the code in it to look for AP rates. Like others said you can book the AP rate even if you don’t have the annual pass yet, just make sure you get it before you check out. It doesn‘t look like rates are out for your dates yet but check the link at least daily until it pops up. I got an AP rate for beginning of February so hopefully you’ll get one soon.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...for-universal-loews-hotel-properties.3771155/

Keep checking also because room availability might not show when the rates come out, but they may show up or release more rooms for the discount even a week or two before your trip, so don’t be discouraged immediately if what you want isn’t available but keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter