• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABD during a 14 to 15 year old birthdaity

figmentfan2009

Mouseketeer
Not that I want to humiliate my daughter... but we scheduled our China trip over her 15th birthday. I want to tell the guides that it is her birthday because I would love to make it wonderfully magical birthday... but I don't want her to be mortified by being pointed out in a very in your face kind of way.

She like to be the center of attention... but she doesn't like to have attention forced upon her.

Has anyone done a trip over a birthday and admitted to it for a teen? What can I expect for her. Should I rat her out to the guides and explain that she isn't an in your face kind of kid... or just play it down?

thanks...
pixiedust:
:scratchin

They will probably give her a Disney pin and have the group sing to her, in a low key kind of way. That's what they did on our trip with one birthday and one anniversary.

You don't even have to tell the guides. Just make sure you tell ABD or your travel agent. We have celebrated our youngest child's birthday with ABD more than once. Generally you get a birthday pin and a piece of cake and everyone sings. We even celebrated my husband's birthday with them by accident. They had him as the 1st and his birthday is really the 21st. Since it was a funny sort of thing and my husband was into it, they made a big deal about him the whole rest of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter