• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABD Bags - Useful or Target ?

Mr Organizer

Been there, Done that, Goin' again
So, everyone gets the lovely travel bag from ABD. But I'd like to hear what people think about how useful the bags are. Are they functional to use or is it like painting a big target on your back saying " Hey I'm a tourist, please pick my pocket ! "

So, everyone gets the lovely travel bag from ABD. But I'd like to hear what people think about how useful the bags are. Are they functional to use or is it like painting a big target on your back saying " Hey I'm a tourist, please pick my pocket ! "
Neither. It's been hanging off a chair since I got it. It's big and bulky, and heavy, and totally not something I would EVER take with me while traveling.

Sayhello

I gave shipped mine to my adventure guides after we got home.
They stayed in the box until I got home.
I hated them, my adventure guides loved them.

I hope they go back to the backpacks next year.

ditto - they are still in the plastic - too big and bulky for me. They want us to pack light and minimize everything and then they send us a saddle bag.:confused3

Our younger daughter liked the small backpack that was like a sling. My son didn't like that, so our older daughter used it. As for the messenger bags, I agree with everyone else. The new ones are in the basement. We are still using our backpacks from last year all the time. My son even used an adult one for school all (last) year.

I absolutely dislike the bags for this year and have told ABD ! They are going back to the nice back packs they used last year, which I loved. So everyone going on an adventure in 2009 will be happy with the bags!

Whooper

Wow- I didn't mind the bags and thought they were a little small. They aren't as big as a laptop bag but looks like that. Oh well, I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth. I will find a use for it.

My only complaint w/ the bags is the clasp/closure on it. I would never use a bag like that where I would constantly have to thread the belt through the clasp every time I want to go in or out of the bag. It's completely not user-friendly. I wish we had the backpacks!

I already have a bag picked out and plan on giving the ABD bags to my kids!

The only good thing I can say for the messenger bags is...if one wanted to carry a six pack while riding a bike down to the neighbors for some porch-sitting, the bag would be useful. Not that we've tried that or anything.

The only good thing I can say for the messenger bags is...if one wanted to carry a six pack while riding a bike down to the neighbors for some porch-sitting, the bag would be useful. Not that we've tried that or anything.

Hey! Finally a good use for mine! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter