ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

I'm signing up at the beginning for this one Liesa - can't wait to hear all about it (once you've actually experienced it of course!)

Hello, Snow!!! I'm so happy you're here with us! :welcome: to a little corner of craziness here in DISLand. I'll try to make it entertaining!

Ok, I am definitely at an advantage here since you started your trip reporting the middle of the night East Coast time, so perfectly timed for my European breakfast time reading. Which ensures me a wonderful first page spot.

Well, my Friend, I"m so glad I could accommodate you! :rotfl:I hope your breakfast was a little brighter for it. :coffee: So, here's a very happy :welcome: to my favorite German reader!

I loved the introduction and realised that now the group going to WDW is identical to the group who came to visit Germany! So I have met everyone in real life. That's a rare thing for a trip report!

YES, it is. I hadn't really looked at it in those terms before. Mikki is really pushing the envelope as far as getting to go on family trips as her life gets busier and she gets more independent. By the way, it is still on our bucket list to make our way back to your beautiful city someday.

I am really looking forward to reading about it all, but first I hope you will have a magical trip! Will go back to the PTR to read more about the pre stuff before you leave, won't abandon you there!

This is shaping up to be a very magical trip for sure! Lots of wonderful things planned.

Yep, still 10 days worth of fun over there to be had. :) Glad you'll still be there too.

Maaaan, still a couple weeks out and you already have your TR shell built? I am super impressed, lady! :worship:

I am here and will try to be a better commenter this time around! :cutie:

YAY!!!! Billie is here! You certainly bring a major element of fun, so a very big :welcome: to you!

I wanted to be able to hit the road running when I get back, so thought getting the basics up would be a good idea!

I hope you can join in the party often; we seem to have a fair bit of camaraderie around here. :rockband:

YES! Finally got on to the first page of someone's TR! Hasn't happened in quite a while and i'm gonna pat myself on the back for this one ::yes::

Also, I can't quote some things for whatever reason?

It's always quite an accomplishment marking one's territory on the prime real estate of Pg. 1! :welcome: to our brand of goofiness; I think you'll fit right in, Alicia! :crazy:

I went back and fixed the quoting, so it should all work now. Thanks for the heads up!

You were the only one who caught that. :yay:

This guy looks like he's in desperate need of your assistance.

Oh if you only knew! His pulse is pretty crappy, and you should SEE how many IV ports that poor guy has. :rotfl2:

Loved reading about your family and love how proudly you talk about them :love:

They are my pride and joy and the cat's meow, if I do say so myself. They aren't perfect, but perfect for us!

Made it over!
Haven't even read the intro yet.
Gotta few other TRs to cover first...

But... I'm here!

Well, whatcha waitin' fer? It's been a whole day. ;)

(I'm just joking with ya. I know you'll get here as you can- you're one of my most faithful and beloved readers.)

I'm here! I hope to read your last posts on your PTR while at Disney but may have to catch up after we get back.

YAY!!! Another good friend has joined in! I'm so happy to see you here, so a GREAT big :welcome: to you! I promise a bit more fun on the PTR, including a more proper introduction of Tater, and a couple of other things. Take your time, the posts aren't going anywhere.

I'm here! I'm joining in for the first time. I've read bits and pieces of your PTR and this trip sounds like it will be fun and very much deserved.

OH WOW!!!! A new friend! Huzzah! You get a double :welcome::welcome:, cuz I already like you. I am very, VERY much looking forward to this trip! It's been so long since I"ve really rested more than a couple days at a time. But even that's hard if I'm near home. I will try my best to bring back some fun things to share with you all!

Here! So excited for this!

HI JENN!!! I'm just so thrilled you are here with me again! It's great to have you here and let me be the first to :welcome: you.

Yay! I'm here and can't wait to follow along!!

And lookie at you- first page and everything! That deserves a big, fat :welcome:!

Are we doing the Sunday the 16th? That's the day I have down. Did you have something else??

No, we are not doing the 16th. That is our band's Fall Concert, so we cannot travel until at least two days after the concert. We arrive on the 18th, so we just barely see you on the 19th at Epcot at the ditch.

I found it! Btw, the link in your text (in the PTR) works, but your siggy link didn't.

Well, Hello and :welcome:, Irene! I'm tickled you're here and glad you're already looking out for me. LOL! I'll go back and try and see what I did wrong on the siggie link.

I also didn't know your hubby was a geologist. I also didn't know that was one of the things they do! Of course, around here, the land is mostly flat, so we just use plain old surveyors and civil engineers to lay out sites. I don't do roads, so I'm not sure if geologists get involved at that scale.

Now ya know! Like I was telling Alison, they do a huge variety of things. The part that he loves the most of being able to be out in the forest at least once a week. Rain or shine, he's out there tromping around.

Cute nurse photos! I don't think I got to see those, either. So, good job saving stuff for the TR intro, lol!

Glad I had at least something to show you! LOL! Pix with real patients is a HUGE No-NO, so you get $30,000 mannikins and lil ol' me. LOL!

And now I need to post, for a chance to stay on the first page...since I see that more messages have been posted since I loaded the page already...

You're never too late! I hope that pages and pages are filled with friends new and old and that we can all enjoy each others' company for quite some time. Meanwhile, here's a great, big :welcome: to you! Thanks for joining in!

I'm here!! Looking forward to joining in more...hopefully. :-)

Well, HI, KIM!! Super happy you're here too! Another big :welcome: to you too. I hope you can be here as often as possible to enjoy the time with us.

I'm here! You're so close!

My Fellow Mermaid! I'm super-de-duper-dee happy you're here for this one! :welcome: to what should prove a pretty darn fun time. Well, that's the hope anyway. I mean we COULD have a crappy trip, but that's pretty unlikely. ;)

Loving your report...just a heads up from one nurse RN from 94-02 then ARNP (22 years total now retired) to a new one...10 weeks and finally settling in without freaking out...enjoy it...but expect the pixie dust to hit the fan and scare the bibbidi bobbidi out of you at any point in your career. Embrace it...it means you're a good nurse. Congratulations!!! And LOVE the points system...once a competitive student always competitive lol.

OH SQUEEEEEEE!!!!! Another nurse! :dancer: I'm unbelievably happy you're here! Funny you should mention that... today was the first time I "got" to see a patient have to be transferred out after a surgical complication. That was a bit.... umm.... stressful. But very eye-opening and educational for me. I totally realize that this is a unique honeymoon phase I'm in, but do hope the wonder and love of what I do never dies. I also completely understand that NO surgery is EVER routine and crap can happen any minute, like today. I love working with a team of very experienced PACU nurses who know the things to look for and are good teachers for me!!

If you'd like, please put in a contest guess! It shouldn't take too long to put some numbers to the categories. :)

No, we are not doing the 16th. That is our band's Fall Concert, so we cannot travel until at least two days after the concert. We arrive on the 18th, so we just barely see you on the 19th at Epcot at the ditch.

GOT IT! I don't know WHY I had it in my mind that you'd be at the one on the 16th? No worries, one more GREAT reason to hang in the Ditch AGAIN! LOLOLOL! I just made a note on my spreadsheet (so many updates now since adding Mikki, I had to re-do them and now have to re-print them) to call you that afternoon.

I'm so excited to be here!
And probably like you even more excited to be "there" real soon:D
I even got a mention. Will be nice to say hi IRL.
Your writing style and I know the great photos you take will make this one GREAT TR! It will be the one thing to look forward to when I get back. In the up coming winter months, I will re-live our vacation through you.
I've better get going on the game playing points too.

I am your hostess, Steppe.

Hostess with the mostess!

This is me, all Nursey-like:

And a prettier nurse you'll never see.

Well... okay, there was that naughty movie I watched when I was younger.... but other than that!

BTW, I know you look all happy and everything there, but.... you might want to check your patient. He looks a little..... not alive.

older than dirt,

Hardly.

and still hawt

That's more like it. Accurate, too.

If you need kidney stones blasted, come see me.

Oh, sure. Now you tell me!

and am finally to the point that I’m not scared to death to walk in the door and start my day.

Good! I was wondering about that, actually.

What would a celebration party be without family and friends?!?!

Simple. See this:Canadian Buffoon's Solo Disney Vacation
and this: Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation

First up, is Michaela only because I’m going from oldest ‘kid’ to youngest. She’s the taller one:

Probably the older one, too.

(I’d say GO, Beavers, but they never seem to go very far or very fast anywhere.)

Uh, huh. I have a beaver story (of course I do) that refutes that.
Don't recall if I've told it before or not.

great CEO. Mikki is also drop dead gorgeous, but that's me being all biased-like

Nope. Not biased. Just honest. Yes. She's beautiful.

business, marketing and managment, and her dream is to open her own martial arts studio

Whoa. Beautiful and deadly. Strong combination.

School does not come easy for him, but he gives it 110% every day

That's all I've ever asked from my DDs. "I don't care if you get 100% or 50%. Just do your best."

He has promised not to fart out loud at Disney. So there’s that too.

Huh. He and I are like opposites, then.

She too loves karate and was the proud recipient of her first degree brown belt a couple of weeks ago.

Congrats!

Her mouth tends to get her in trouble sometimes

Hence the need for the brown belt.

which makes her a lot like her mother.

:rolleyes1

(yes, I just preempted all of your smart alek jokes, you guys)

Nah. Would've been waaaaaayyyyyy too easy.

She was born in Thailand, but her name is the Turkish/Kazakh word for pomegranate.

So she's your little pomegranate!

His main job is to assess slopes and steep terrain prior to logging or making road cuts to make sure everything complies with the State and Federal guidelines for forest management and environmental regulations and for public safety.

He doesn’t love Disney, in fact, I’d be hard-pressed to say he even likes it.

I feel your pain.

(I'm just joking with ya. I know you'll get here as you can- you're one of my most faithful and beloved readers.)

Awwww.... :goodvibes

Hey, a fellow Oregonian! I went to OSU also and my dad works for ODFW!

Looking forward to reading all about your trip!!

Yay! This trip is going to be so fun to follow along with. So admiring of you good planners here on the Dis, and looking forward to hearing about the celebration trip that you deserve!

I sure hope so! But honestly, I think it's the fun that all of you bring that'll crank it up a notch! Meantime, :welcome: to this crazy ride!

I'm so excited to be here!
And probably like you even more excited to be "there" real soon:D
I even got a mention. Will be nice to say hi IRL.
Your writing style and I know the great photos you take will make this one GREAT TR! It will be the one thing to look forward to when I get back. In the up coming winter months, I will re-live our vacation through you.
I've better get going on the game playing points too.

And I'm excited that you are here- so an official :welcome: to you!

YES!! I think there'll be some crazy fun to be had between us. A hug is waiting for you. :hug:

Lots of photos to be taken and yes, a great way to get through winter reminiscing!

YEP, time to get those guesses in!

Hostess with the mostess!

The most what?!

And a prettier nurse you'll never see.

Well... okay, there was that naughty movie I watched when I was younger.... but other than that!

Shame on you!

BTW, I know you look all happy and everything there, but.... you might want to check your patient. He looks a little..... not alive.

All of our instructors must've thought they were. :confused3 "Big deal, we broke sterile field, he's dead anyway." "I'm glad you feel that way, that's a 37% on your check-off. "

That's more like it. Accurate, too.

That was a joke.

Oh, sure. Now you tell me!

We could always meet up at WDW and ride BTMRR. I hear that's the new miracle cure.

Good! I was wondering about that, actually.

Definitely NOT routine or boring, but not scary either. I think I'm finally making some inroads with the other nurses too. It took a while for them to warm up to me. There is one however... She gets a wide berth.

To be really honest, I adored my solo trips. I can totally see myself going with a group of ladies who decide to mostly be solo, but meet up for part of the day, or meet up with other friends (DISsers who LOVE being there) for some fun. People who have a mediocre, simpy toleration of WDW can stay home.

Probably the older one, too.

Not for long, her younger sister has almost caught up since that photo. Puberty does that....

Uh, huh. I have a beaver story (of course I do) that refutes that.
Don't recall if I've told it before or not.

Well, do tell! We actually have one too, remember the one that attacked my dog?! Crap, vicious creatures. However, it didn't help that my dog was being an idiot.

Whoa. Beautiful and deadly. Strong combination.

A good case for "looks can be deceiving"!

That's all I've ever asked from my DDs. "I don't care if you get 100% or 50%. Just do your best."

A very good philosophy for most arenas in life.

I feel your pain.

There are ways around this dilemma.

Hey, a fellow Oregonian! I went to OSU also and my dad works for ODFW!

Looking forward to reading all about your trip!!

OH WOW!!! :welcome:You must live very close then? Are you in Salem?? There are quite a few of us Oregonians that are around here- I've been thinking of organizing a BIG MEET possibly this Spring! That would be fun to get us all together and have a WDW-themed meal here at my place. I hope I will see you often here on the TR meantime!

Meanwhile, while we're just over here waiting and waiting and waiting, we're finding some really great things to keep us entertained:

Hopefully an update coming tomorrow. Meantime, I'm off to my very first paid photography session for a group going to Homecoming.

Last edited:
OH WOW!!! :welcome:You must live very close then? Are you in Salem?? There are quite a few of us Oregonians that are around here- I've been thinking of organizing a BIG MEET possibly this Spring! That would be fun to get us all together and have a WDW-themed meal here at my place. I hope I will see you often here on the TR meantime!

I actually live in CO now, but still consider myself an Oregonian. :) My family is all in Southern Oregon still and I go back there a couple times a year. I haven't seen others from Oregon on here - will have to pay more attention!

So, I wasn't sure if or when to mention this, but there's this Pokemon tournament in Portland, OR, the first weekend of our Spring Break. I've been toying with this idea of making that into a family trip, since we haven't really done Oregon or Washington. (I've been to Crater Lake, and driven from there to Boise through the middle of nowhere. Dh has been to a wedding in Seattle. That's about it. ) Not sure if we will do it - budgets need to come together, but it is a possibility. Would have to fly and rent a car, which is the most expensive way to travel, esp with 4 of us...(not as bad as 6 flying and driving, but we usually try to only do only one)

The most what?!

Hawtness of course!

Shame on you!

:lmao:

All of our instructors must've thought they were. :confused3 "Big deal, we broke sterile field, he's dead anyway." "I'm glad you feel that way, that's a 37% on your check-off. "

Ouch. Maybe don't do that...

That was a joke.

No it wasn't.

We could always meet up at WDW and ride BTMRR. I hear that's the new miracle cure.

Have to wait til November 19.

Definitely NOT routine or boring, but not scary either. I think I'm finally making some inroads with the other nurses too. It took a while for them to warm up to me. There is one however... She gets a wide berth.

There's always one, isn't there?

To be really honest, I adored my solo trips. I can totally see myself going with a group of ladies who decide to mostly be solo, but meet up for part of the day, or meet up with other friends (DISsers who LOVE being there) for some fun. People who have a mediocre, simpy toleration of WDW can stay home.

::yes::

Not for long, her younger sister has almost caught up since that photo. Puberty does that....

:laughing: That will do that.
I used to have two little girls in the house.
Now I have three women.

Well, do tell! We actually have one too, remember the one that attacked my dog?! Crap, vicious creatures. However, it didn't help that my dog was being an idiot.

I'm thinking of posting it in my TR, so stay tuned.
I actually have posted it before... but years ago, on someone else's TR.

There are ways around this dilemma.

Yes there is.

I actually live in CO now, but still consider myself an Oregonian. :) My family is all in Southern Oregon still and I go back there a couple times a year. I haven't seen others from Oregon on here - will have to pay more attention!

Well, let's see, there's oregonmomtowdw (Shannon), Tammie lived here and visits occasionally, Cynthia (eandesmom) lives in Seattle, Julie is here in Salem, and there are several others that I'm blanking on, but know are here! (sorry, if I missed you!! I'm trying to get out the door...) We had a big meet here at my house about 4 years ago which was a ton of fun; some spent the night, and others just came for dinner. If you do come up for a visit, let me know! We can meet in Eugene or Roseburg. :)

So, I wasn't sure if or when to mention this, but there's this Pokemon tournament in Portland, OR, the first weekend of our Spring Break. I've been toying with this idea of making that into a family trip, since we haven't really done Oregon or Washington. (I've been to Crater Lake, and driven from there to Boise through the middle of nowhere. Dh has been to a wedding in Seattle. That's about it. ) Not sure if we will do it - budgets need to come together, but it is a possibility. Would have to fly and rent a car, which is the most expensive way to travel, esp with 4 of us...(not as bad as 6 flying and driving, but we usually try to only do only one)

OH MY!!!! This gets me ramped up!! I would be thrilled to meet you, of course!!! We'd love to meet all of your family; my kids would talk for hours about Pokemon and every other anime under the sun. In fact, Zach is going to MNSSHP as Naruto. Just let me know and we'll be ready!

Hawtness of course!

Staaaaaaaaaawp! LOL!

Ouch. Maybe don't do that...

Funny, those things can yell, burp, breathe, fart, you name it, but they can't bite.

Have to wait til November 19.

And why is that? (I probably can't go to either park for another year.) But not too early to plan somethin'.

There's always one, isn't there?

Sadly. Whatever. I'm too busy to give a crap.

:laughing: That will do that.
I used to have two little girls in the house.
Now I have three women.

I"m sorry.

I'm thinking of posting it in my TR, so stay tuned.
I actually have posted it before... but years ago, on someone else's TR.

I will; but you already know that.

Yes there is.

:hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter