• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aack! four resorts in 6 days!

Redbudlover

DIS Veteran
I must be crazy! A disser friend is going to WDW and I decided to go at the same time as I had not seen her for several years. I was able to use points to reserve a resort 4 days out of 6, paying cash for two nights at AKL, but could only get one night/resort at a time for each of several days. My schedule now looks like: Night One at Riveria Resort; night two at AKL; Night three and four at Bay Lake; Night five at AKL. Tell me I am not crazy. I couldn't even get more than 2 nites together on cash reservation - this for the end of Jan. I have never done more than a split stay at 2 resorts. I sure hope I don't regret this! I usually like to unpack everything and settle in. Living out of a suitcase this time!

Oh boy - that sounds stressful to me, but I'm not big on split stays anyway. For sure I'd invest in one of those hanging packing systems to make getting in and out of the room easier. Are you going to let bell services transfer your luggage each time? I might prefer to handle it myself - check into your next room as early as you can via MDE, then take your own luggage over - otherwise you'll be waiting until late afternoon for your stuff every day. You could take advantage of the lockers at the parks perhaps, so you have evening essentials with you, but not carrying them around?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07MT8WP5T...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

We just did 3 resorts in 4 nights last month and loved it. Gave us a chance to experience all the beautiful decorations at all the resorts! We didn’t find it to be stressful at all you just need to plan ahead! Make sure you have everything you might need until later that next day as your room likely won’t be ready early. Disney does all the hard stuff like moving your luggage etc you can go enjoy your day and head back to the resort when you get that room ready text. We love split stays and have yet to stay at less than 3 resorts over typically a week trip as dvc newish dvc members. Don’t let it stress you out and enjoy your trip!

Yikes! I wish you luck! I could not do this, but it see,s like you are up for the challenge.

I must be crazy! A disser friend is going to WDW and I decided to go at the same time as I had not seen her for several years. I was able to use points to reserve a resort 4 days out of 6, paying cash for two nights at AKL, but could only get one night/resort at a time for each of several days. My schedule now looks like: Night One at Riveria Resort; night two at AKL; Night three and four at Bay Lake; Night five at AKL. Tell me I am not crazy. I couldn't even get more than 2 nites together on cash reservation - this for the end of Jan. I have never done more than a split stay at 2 resorts. I sure hope I don't regret this! I usually like to unpack everything and settle in. Living out of a suitcase this time!

Well, you may be crazy, but crazy can sometimes be fun. Pack a healthy dose of humour and patience and go with the flow. You DO have a lovely place to stay every night and will be fine.

I would go with travelling very light. Pack everything to be easily accessible from your bag and have a plan for quick set up and departures. Plan on an extra hour each morning that you are moving to bring your bags to the next resort and head off to your park for the day. That way, whenever you get your room ready text you can choose at the next desirable moment to return to your new room for a break, if needed, and have access to your 'stuff'. Keep any essentials with you in a small day bag that can be stored in lockers t the park, if need be. IN fact, if you travel with a backpack only, it is possible to forego travelling to the next resort and keep your things in a day locker at the theme park.

For your two night stay at BLT, I would plan a slower start and enjoy the extra time that morning - perhaps indulge in a coffee on your balcony and watch the 'world' wake up.

Don't bemoan not getting to settle in. Think of this as an adventure - similar to backpacking around Europe - and enjoy experiencing a new resort almost every night! You will be enjoying the brand new Riviera resort and also two favourite Disney Deluxe resorts - AKL and BLT. Remember the positives and enjoy meeting with your friend again.

Honestly it sounds awful to me, but given the choice between 4 resorts in 6 days or not going at all....I'd do exactly what you're doing! Have fun :)

Keep checking the DVC site to see if you can pick up another night for the resorts you do have. You might get lucky. But if you find something that uses fewer points, the left over points will go into holding. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter