• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA vs. DWTC

caimakale

Mouseketeer
I know that AAA and the disney travel company are basically the same thing. Does one have any benefits over the other? Specifically price?

I know AAA has the special fastpass, but I am not aware of any other perks. Also do you have to be an AAA member or can anyone book the trip? Is it cheaper if you are an AAA member?

TIA

I think that AAA actually books through DWTC for you. There are certain advantages to doing that - the greatest being the Enchanted Fast Pass. You do have to be a member of AAA to do it.

:earsgirl:

I was quoted about 200 dollars less by AAA for the same package from WDTC: 5 nights at Grand Californian, 3 6 day park hoppers.

I also got a significantly better rate for a view room at the GCH through AAA than through Disneyland.com. When I booked a trip this summer, the park view room was almost the same as the standard room. There wasn't much of a savings through AAA over WDTC for the standard room. The enhanced FP can also be a significant benefit, but only available if you are staying on-site. I don't know if that will still be available for 2006 bookings. There were no WDTC benefits that I lost by booking through AAA.

AAA may get you some reduced rates at good neighbor hotels also; you'll have to compare.

You also get free parking when you get your passes through AAA, regardless of where you stay. If you plan to use the DL parking, that can knock $10/day off your expenses.

I upgraded to a AP this summer, and have since booked another trip through Dreams Unlimited (through this website). They also use WDTC, and were able to get me a better rate (again for a view room) than I was quoted direct through WDTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter