• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA tickets

Figment78

Mouseketeer
I ordered my tickets from AAA. I also ordered Disney and SW tickets, which came like regular tickets with the logos and all on them. The ones which I assume are the universal are just plain pieces of thick paper with a strip on the back and some unintelligable typed words. Is this normal? Just want to confirm that they are the right tickets. Thanks!

I also thought it was weird that the universal tickets I bought threw AAA, was just a plain piece of ticket, with a strip on the back.I also asked the ticket counter and indeed this is a AAA ticket!!:confused: :p :) :bounce:

Don't worry about the tickets. I went to the local AAA office and bought six Universal tickets for my family 2 weeks ago. The ones they gave me are exactly like yours (blank on one side with the magnetic strip and the writing on the other. Did you get the 2 day passes that are good for 3 days and must be used by 12/31/02?

How much are the two day tickets with one free day? Do the days used have to be consecutive?
Thanks,

They were $86 each and you don't not have to use them consecutively, but they expire 12-31-02.

You are lucky to get those. I am bummed. ND AAA offices do not sell US/IOA tickets unless you buy a total travel package through them. I called an office in MN and they could sell them to me, but it is over a 4 hour drive from our house. They could express mail them to me, but we leave on Saturday, and that would add $13 for mailing. Does anyone know if there is a AAA office in Orlando or nearby that we can get the same "pay for 2 days and get 3 days" deal at? We will be in FL from Aug. 25 - Sept. 3, with a rental car, so it won't be a problem getting somewhere to get the tickets. I assume that they don't have that special at the Universal gate, is that correct? Thanks!

By the way, because of the info on this discussion site and Kelly M's book, DD and I are getting really excited about trying US/IOA for the first time. Now if we can just get a good deal on tickets that will make it even better!

Does anyone know how I can purchase AAA 2 day--1 free? I live in San Jose, CA--my local AAA offices don't sell Universal Florida tickets. I thought that they would be available on their website--can't find them! HELP! Thanks!

Our AAA office here in Jersey told me that every office is allotted so many adult and so many children tickets, and once they're gone, they're gone. Had only 5 left in the office I go to, so I grabbed my 4. Keep calling different locations till you find one that hasn't run out yet.

just came back from ct aaa. i had to ask about third day free option twice(once on the phone). the agent had to then ask someone else. thanks to you guys on the boards for the heads up on the buy 2 get 2nd day free. yes tickets are plain white. kinda weird and makes you a bit nervous.

I didn't even order them at my local AAA office, just ordered them from the website and they came as 3rd day free tickets. It was not advertised on the site when I ordered, they just came like that...

Figment--

Can I ask--where did you order your tickets? Our local offices in No. CA don't sell them and suggested that I get them thru AAA in Orlando. Thanks in advance for your reply!

I'm sorry if that has already been asked - but could someone please tell me if the AAA special deal tickets work like park-hopper tickets. In other words, can you visit one park in the morning, another in the evening or is it just one park per day? Thanks!

Hi,

I noticed someone purchased US tickets online through AAA. Could you please tell us how you did this? I can't find any way to buy them online.

Thanks SO much
:)
Momtokendantom

I am from Northern California and the website that I have access to is done regionally--I only get deals for California, Nevada, etc. I was unable to buy UOF tickets but I could buy tickets for Universal of Hollywood! Doesn't make sense to me at all! Oh well...

It seems to depend on where you live. If you go to www.AAA.com.,
you are asked for your zip code. When you enter your zip code, you are
taken to the website for your local AAA affiliate office. Some AAA offices sell
certain tickets, and others do not. For example, I live in suburban Chicago, so
when I put in my zip code, I am taken to the Chicago AAA site where I can buy
2 day Universal Escape passes that are good for a 3rd day free. Not every AAA
office is selling these same tickets, so you may be out of luck unless you can call
other AAA offices for the tickets. I have a feeling that the offices only want to
sell discounted tickets to the people who pay dues in their region.

Thanks for the tip! I used the AAA website with my workplace zip code and I was able to order them online !!!

This "buy 2 days, get the third day free" promo is great! I got 3 adult tickets ($86 each) and 2 child tickets ($71 each). That's five tickets, for three days for only $400. Just $5. for shipping.

We received our tax refund today, so I am a very happy Mom
Mom to Ken, Dan, Tom

Thanks for the zip code tip--I'm going to try it right now! I'll let you know how it works for me!
Wish me luck!

guys do not fear using the blank tickets, I used them last week without a problem, to those of you who can't find them in their local AAA offices, call other offices, not too many people are familiar with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter