• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA member discounts?

CapnA1987

Earning My Ears
Good morning,

I am wondering if there would be any benefit to me looking into AAA member discounts/perks as I am planning my upcoming WDW trip in July. I already booked reservations and tickets at Coronado Springs using the 20% off rate. My family's plan will be to save up money and buy a bunch of gift cards over the next year to help with meals. Additionally we are looking at using Tiffany Towncar for transportation to and from the resort/airport. Further we already have our tickets for AAirlines from ORD-MCO. Again any way my AAA membership may be helpful and/or any additional discounts we could employ?

Yes, there would be a benefit to looking into AAA member discounts/perks. Might not be much available but you should look into it.

It kind of depends on your plans. Disney and AAA parted ways years ago so pretty much any perks at WDW are non-existent. That said, you can book through AAA and some regions may offer a special deal or package. If you will be staying offsite many hotels in the area offer AAA discounts. Possibly transportation discounts.

AAA does offer discounted Disney theme park tickets, looks like you already purchased yours through Disney. If your discount is room only, you may want to see how much your tickets would be through AAA and if less, potentially drop the tickets from your reservation and buy from AAA.

Good morning,

I am wondering if there would be any benefit to me looking into AAA member discounts/perks as I am planning my upcoming WDW trip in July. I already booked reservations and tickets at Coronado Springs using the 20% off rate. My family's plan will be to save up money and buy a bunch of gift cards over the next year to help with meals. Additionally we are looking at using Tiffany Towncar for transportation to and from the resort/airport. Further we already have our tickets for AAirlines from ORD-MCO. Again any way my AAA membership may be helpful and/or any additional discounts we could employ?
If you're wondering whether to buy a membership, I can highly recommend -- have been a member for over 30 years (gods, I'm old!) I remember they used to accept it for a discount at Universal at a lot of places, but don't know if this is still the case or whether you plan to visit.

If anyone in your group is eligible, I also recommend a membership in AARP - I make my membership fee back on the cell phone discount alone & then use it for restaurant discounts & other things.

Having said all this, you really need to check back occasionally because the discounts change.

It kind of depends on your plans. Disney and AAA parted ways years ago so pretty much any perks at WDW are non-existent. That said, you can book through AAA and some regions may offer a special deal or package. If you will be staying offsite many hotels in the area offer AAA discounts. Possibly transportation discounts.
I used to love the lounge in Tomorowland. We received drinks coolers one year & they tossed in a couple of cans of soda because the staff felt just the cooler was a cheap gift. (Yeah, I stood there & talked to them for a while!) Have had it for over 20 years & it's still the best cooler I've ever used.

If anyone in your group is eligible, I also recommend a membership in AARP - I make my membership fee back on the cell phone discount alone & then use it for restaurant discounts & other things.
Believe it or not, everyone is eligible to get an AARP membership. There is no age requirement. Sure you may get some weird looks if you're 30 and presenting an AARP card, but you'll get a good discount :D

Silly question, but did you call AAA to find out besides asking here? I'd go right to the source.

I love having a AAA membership. We come close to breaking even every single year! Mostly from discounts for things we do locally.

Good morning,

AAA will get you great discounts at WDW Swan & Dolphin hotels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter