AAA fastpass deal?

krismom

<font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color
I booked a 3 day weekend through AAA at the Grand California for June! :Pinkbounc I am a little worried though about the fastpass express tickets.... the agent wasn't really informative about it and it was the main reason I booked the package! She assured me it would "all be in the package I get in the mail". Can someone tell me exactly how this deal works? I really appreciate it!

:grouphug:

She probably doesn't know about it. Ask her to send you the vacation package brochure. You only get it if you stay at the resort and get parkhopper tickets from them. It'll be printed on the tickets as AAA Bonus. When you put your ticket into the machines, a ticket will spit out that says Exclusive AAA Fastpass or something like that. At that point you can go to another ride and get more without worrying about the start time passing. If you didn't buy tickets, you wont get this feature. I made this mistake in February and I thought, oh, they'll at least give me a nice room because it is AAA. They gave us the one next to the glass elevator shaft in the Sierra Tower. I was not happy and they moved us the next night. So AAA doesn't guarantee a nice room which was my impression. If you didn't get the tickets through them, you can specifically request them to go with your package if it is more than 10 days before your trip. I wasn't going to buy tickets for over $400 just to get the exclusive fastpass feature. (aka enhanced fastpass, unlimited fastpass). I hope this helps.

Also, I am interested in getting this deal, too, so I looked online at the AAA website and there was information about how if you book with them, you get the special Fast Pass, plus a few other things. I got there by trying to book tickets and a room at the DLH through AAA and then there was a pop-up type dialog box somewhere with that info. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly where but I just saw it yesterday.

JULIE

We did the same thing last summer (4 night package staying at the GC) and worried until our stuff showed up in the mail shortly before our vacation. But I can assure you it will all be there. :) Tickets, vouchers for preferred seating, a coupon book, and I'm assuming the luggage tags are still being inculded this year? Plus other stuff I'm probably forgetting about. We did get a receipt in the mail not too long after we booked our package, and it listed all of the perks. Hopefully you'll get something like that and it will set your mind at ease a little bit. When your stuff does arrive, it will be in a nifty little accordian folder - all organized and very official. It's a fun package to receive! And while I may have some of my terminology wrong, the AAA agents basically just call the WDTC to book your package, so even though the agent may not know exactly what you'll be receiving, the WDTC definitely does. And they handle it from there, so there's no need to be concerned. Have fun in June!

Additional words of comfort:

Unless I am very much mistaken, there are both AAA and WDTC offices at DLR. So, if for some reason you did not get the Enhanced Fastpast passes, you should be able to go to one of those two offices with your AAA receipt and get assistance.

Thanks for all the help everyone... just one more ??? what is WDTC?
(And I thought I couldn't be stumped!)

we got better coupons then last year and the luggage tags and vouchers for pin and lanyard and perfered seating at some of the shows. The fastpass is not explained well in the package . But it is in the Brouchure available at the local offices. I just got one yesturday !

Yes, the WDTC is the Walt Disney Travel Company. Sorry about that. I usually avoid abreviations because I don't know what so many of them mean, but I've come across that one so much (wasting way too much time on the computer!) that I didn't even think about it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter