AAA cash refund

aprylann28

Mouseketeer
Hi, my family was planning a trip to Disney World in December 2012, but we had to cancel it because my husband got a hernia and had to have surgery. He is going to be off work for six weeks, so we won't be able to afford our trip this year. We had booked through AAA and I had paid the initial $200 deposit at the time of booking with a credit card. After that, I had made another payment of $200 in cash at a AAA office. When I cancelled my trip, the TA told me we would get a full refund since it is more than 45 days before our arrival date. The first $200 that had been paid with the credit card has already been refunded back to us. But, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this and might know how long it will take our cash payment to be refunded. I realize they will probably send me a check, not cash, but I'm just curious as to how long it might take. It's only been a month since I cancelled, so I figure it might be a few more weeks. I just don't want to bug the TA if enough time has not gone by. She was so nice and helpful all through our planning and even when I had to cancel, so I don't want to bug her before it's absolutely necessary. Thanks in advance for any advice.

It depends on if she sent the payment to Disney when you paid it. If she sent it to Disney, it may take a few weeks for her to get it back and then refund you. If she held it to send it in with your final payment, then it was probably overlooked. I would call her either way just to check.

This happened to us...I was told that AAA had to wait for Disney to send back the funds, they had to deposit the check and then request a check for me...it took about 6 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter