• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe I’ve missed something, but don’t they have the wall-mounted body wash dispensers in the showers?

I thought the same thing, although I haven't stayed at AoA yet so I thought maybe this resort hasn't changed over yet.

http://www.cleanerconfessions.com/news/antibacterial-vs-deodorant-soap-3213/ especially "There is a difference between the traditional deodorant soap and the so-called antibacterial soap. Although, they are both used for body hygiene, their cleaning properties are not quite the same.

American Cleaning Institute reports that deodorant soap’s main feature is fragrance. It is specially made to mask bad odours. When applying deodorant soap on body skin we just get rid of body odour. Beauty soap as it is also called, can deodorise and moisten your skin.
"

Maybe I’ve missed something, but don’t they have the wall-mounted body wash dispensers in the showers?

It only occurred to me because so many visit from overseas and knowing that the soap might not be the kind of soap they think it is might be more challenging. I have total respect. Didn’t mean to offend I just feel bad for people who don’t realize... Thinking of this bcs my DD and I are super into K-pop right now and I’ve been watching all the shows where they visit the US and face challenges related to the language barrier. We are BTS army all the way!

Last edited:
http://www.cleanerconfessions.com/news/antibacterial-vs-deodorant-soap-3213/ especially "There is a difference between the traditional deodorant soap and the so-called antibacterial soap. Although, they are both used for body hygiene, their cleaning properties are not quite the same.

American Cleaning Institute reports that deodorant soap’s main feature is fragrance. It is specially made to mask bad odours. When applying deodorant soap on body skin we just get rid of body odour. Beauty soap as it is also called, can deodorise and moisten your skin.
"
This is what I was told by my kids’ doctor as well. He says always look for ‘antibacterial’ soap. And I think the usual Disney body wash is antibacterial.

Honestly facial soap is superior to body soap. This comes from staying in a TON of hotel rooms every year.

You ever wonder why your little 6oz bottle of face soap is the same price as your 32oz body soap? The primary difference is just going to be the smell which is covered up by your personal deodorant/body spray anyways.

I will say Disney should just label it Face/Body Soap(Wash).

Honestly facial soap is superior to body soap. This comes from staying in a TON of hotel rooms every year.

You ever wonder why your little 6oz bottle of face soap is the same price as your 32oz body soap? The primary difference is just going to be the smell which is covered up by your personal deodorant/body spray anyways.

I will say Disney should just label it Face/Body Soap(Wash).

After seeing some of the ‘soap is soap’ replies I did some searching and apparently there’s some learning I need to do abt the issue as well! Some say not to use antibacterial soap at all! Since the kids’ doc told me a few years ago to look for it I always have. I agree with you totally! I wouldn’t have thought twice about it if it didn’t just say ‘facial soap’.

There should have been a whole section in the gift shop of the H2O products. It would not have been on the same shelf as the Tylenol and toothbrushes, it would have been over by like the sunglasses and beach towels, that area, there is usually a whole shelving section devoted to the H2O products, including larger bottles of the shampoo, body wash, etc. Even though you don't need it now, take a look again for next time. I blame the CM on that one, they should have known that and not directed you to the medicine shelf.

After seeing some of the ‘soap is soap’ replies I did some searching and apparently there’s some learning I need to do abt the issue as well! Some say not to use antibacterial soap at all! Since the kids’ doc told me a few years ago to look for it I always have. I agree with you totally! I wouldn’t have thought twice about it if it didn’t just say ‘facial soap’.

The reason we have super bugs that antibiotics no longer work on is because of anitbacterial soap. Washing your hands with regular soap and water for the appropriate 30 seconds/happy birthday song, will get rid of what you need to get rid of.

And soap is soap, you should be using it to clean yourself well enough that you don't need a fragrance in the soap. Now two small bars for 4 people for showers and hand washing isn't enough. But I also travel with my own non antibacterial hand soap to use at the sink because it's just easier than the bars.

Calling the "front desk" is not actually calling the front desk, if you want to speak with someone at the front desk you need to do it in person, You also need to call mousekeeping for soaps and shampoos. Our doctor doesn't suggest using antibacterial soap because it also kills the good bacteria, and she said that regular soap kills disease-causing germs just as good.. Never really use deodorant soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter