A YOU Worth Fighting For | January 2016 Weight Loss & Better Living Challenge

OMG I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!! You guys, I LOVE office supplies. You would think that I am THE MOST organized person in the world by the amount of office supplies I own. It's such a lie. But I love them SO!! I get so excited when school supplies go on sale every year, and I haven't needed school supplies since 2011. :rotfl:

Oh no. Not the only one. I literally have 8 pens at my desk. 6 in blue, 2 in red lol. That's only becuase these are the only pens I have access to! So yeah, I can definitely understand lol

Those are adorable. (A-Thor-Able?) Those would be super fun to run in for the Avengers race in November. :love:

(Do the capes make you run faster?)

Well they made me run faster because I normally don't run at all!!!!!

OMG "A-Thor-able" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

HAAAAA LOVE that too!!!

as for pens/paper etc.. I love them too as I am a list person!! I am in charge of ordering supplies for my office and I just snuck in a box of PURPLE Pilot fine marker type pens just for me!!! I do lot of writing and figure I should have what I like.. I am a scrapbooker too so paper pens stickers stuff like that just are like a magnet!!!

QOTD: I used to like lots of Pop (Lady Gaga, Cher remixes haha!) but now I find I am too much of a space cadet to listen to music. I start to tune it out and start thinking about how much I hate exercising! So if I'm not distracting myself with a show, my soundtrack is podcasts. I find that if I can hook myself into a story line, then I quit focusing on how much I dislike what I am doing :D

I don't listen to music when I run, but my like pump myself up music is fall out boy and panic at the disco right now. Soooo cool I know haha. There's also a lot of the colabs that Jay z did with Kanye West.

I don't really have a main song or anything that isn't 100% angst ridden so I'll leave that out.

Speaking of Oprah, @pjlla ... $19M off of ONE tweet! Bahaha I wish!!

Hey, everyone!
Wouldn't you know it, my body finally decided it was tired. Halfway through that response. Ugh. It's taken me hours to get that short line typed! Anyone have any tricks for normalizing a sleep schedule? This just won't work!

QOTD for January 28, 2016

Most everyone knows how awesome the soundtrack to Mulan is. If you don't, you should. I mean, it's got Donny Osmond, Christina Aguilera, and 98 Degrees - HOW COULD YOU GO WRONG!?

Let's talk soundtracks! Specifically, let's talk about your workout soundtrack. Are there any songs that you listen to pre-/during/post- exercising, no matter what?

If you had to pick one song to be your theme song, either for your weight loss journey or just life in general, what would it be and why?

Songs I always listen to while running are "Learning to Fly" by Foo Fighters, "Shake Senora" by Pitbull (because it makes me laugh to run while listening to a man sing about how a big booty is better;)) and "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors. They are all good pick me up songs.

I wouldn't say I have one theme song for life or my weightloss journey. Although when I was really at the height of my weightloss, really on my game with both eating and exercise, I would say "The Fighter" by Gym Class Heroes was one I listened to a lot. Maybe I need to put that back on my list to get me going again. These last 6 pounds to my next goal weight are just STUCK!

Speaking of Oprah, @pjlla ... $19M off of ONE tweet! Bahaha I wish!!

Hey, everyone!
Wouldn't you know it, my body finally decided it was tired. Halfway through that response. Ugh. It's taken me hours to get that short line typed! Anyone have any tricks for normalizing a sleep schedule? This just won't work!

QOTD for January 28, 2016

Most everyone knows how awesome the soundtrack to Mulan is. If you don't, you should. I mean, it's got Donny Osmond, Christina Aguilera, and 98 Degrees - HOW COULD YOU GO WRONG!?

Let's talk soundtracks! Specifically, let's talk about your workout soundtrack. Are there any songs that you listen to pre-/during/post- exercising, no matter what?

If you had to pick one song to be your theme song, either for your weight loss journey or just life in general, what would it be and why?

I actually have never seen Mulan :0 It never appealed to me to watch it from the advertisements when it came out.

I don't listen to music when I walk or run for two reasons. One I am always having to fiddle with the earbuds or whatever I try. Two I am to paranoid not to hear what is around me. LOL. I know it is weird. My husband laughs at me when I say that but it makes me nervous.

I don't listen to music when I run, but my like pump myself up music is fall out boy and panic at the disco right now. Soooo cool I know haha. There's also a lot of the colabs that Jay z did with Kanye West.

I don't really have a main song or anything that isn't 100% angst ridden so I'll leave that out.

I LOVE FALL OUT BOY AND PANIC AT THE DISCO! Haha. Still listen to both regularly!

YOU GUYS I'M SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW! DH and I and some friends are going to play 90s Disney Trivia at one of the local bars/restaurants in town tonight. They only had a certain number of spots available and they filled up before I found out it was happening - I was so bummed! But they had some people drop out today and I was able to get us in! Now we just have to come up with a name.... Ah!

I LOVE FALL OUT BOY AND PANIC AT THE DISCO! Haha. Still listen to both regularly!

YOU GUYS I'M SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW! DH and I and some friends are going to play 90s Disney Trivia at one of the local bars/restaurants in town tonight. They only had a certain number of spots available and they filled up before I found out it was happening - I was so bummed! But they had some people drop out today and I was able to get us in! Now we just have to come up with a name.... Ah!

Enjoy your trivia. I'm sure you're going to kick butt.

I'm actually going to go see fall out boy in concert in March. Maybe panic this summer.

Hey guys.
Just checking in quickly before bed. It's been a bit of an off day for me - not sure why, I've just been feeling a bit out of it, so I didn't really feel up to coming on to chat. I ran this morning and ate okay (but not great) today, but I still think the number tomorrow will not be pretty because I got a special visitor this afternoon.
Oh well, it is what it is. Tomorrow is Friday, and hopefully that will be the start of an awesome weekend!

I don't listen to music when I run, but my like pump myself up music is fall out boy and panic at the disco right now. Soooo cool I know haha

Are you as obsessed with the new Death of a Bachelor album as I am?? I've been listening to it on repeat :love:

Well I got a call on the way home from the DR's office A1C still too high and its been high for all my 6 yrs of having type 2. The DR is now putting me on Tanzeum .. I read up a bit on it, it's a once a week injectable.. "TANZEUM is not insulin. TANZEUM works to help your body release more of its own insulin" I think this might be my last step before actually starting insulin because it was a choice between this and insulin and I asked if I could try this because the DR has a prescript card that gets me 13 months for free.. (I called my Pharm just to make sure it was true and it was) I meet with the diabetes Nurse on Wed 2/3 so she can show me how to inject it (and where) and all that jazz.. so while my WooHoo was about my weight, it was kind of a let down that losing wasn't going to help my A1C number..

I don't have an answer to the QotD as I don't work out.. that is really bad I know, but I just can't make myself do it.. It really feels like torture to me.. I have been contemplating pulling out my hula hoop again and the days are getting longer, lighter out at night and the weather warmer so I will start walking but not likely till March..

Today was Crazy Sock day at work ----- I WON !!! a $5 Dunkin Donut gift card!! here are the winning socks .. they are Marvel's Thor with Wings and a Cape.. I ran thru the office so they could the full effect of the cape flying! and won with a score of 26 out of 30 ( the runner up had a 23 out of 30) it was really fun and 7 out of 15 people participated.. Have a great day everyone!!! Michelle
View attachment 147929

I'm so sorry that the news from your doctor wasn't better. But don't let that discourage you! The weight loss is helping your health in SO MANY other ways, even if it doesn't show in your A1C levels.

Woot, woot on the socks!!

Can't wait to hear how it went!! I love Disney trivia!!

Morning friends! Not called to work today, surprisingly enough!

Had my additional training for my new WW position last night and assuming I get the email with my official certification (I think I did really well in the training last night, if I may say so myself), I am officially ready to work as a 24/7 Expert Chat coach!

Trying to decide if I want to go to the market today..... we are pretty much out of fruit (2 apples, 1 lemon, and one overripe avocado left in the bowl) and vegetables (few carrots, a few stalks of celery, and a few onions). I'll probably pull myself together and head out before 10:30.

I'll check to see if there is a QOTD and then BBL to chat...........OH..... I lost another .5 this week, but I'm going to hold off on the official number until tomorrow.... I am just .1 away from a full extra pound over goal!...................P

Are you as obsessed with the new Death of a Bachelor album as I am?? I've been listening to it on repeat :love:
It's so good. Like soooo good. It's been awhile since I've liked this many songs on one album.

Also booked my flight and hotel for April. Looks like I'll be in DW the 12th-18th and staying at Pop.

QOTD for Friday, January 29, 2016

image.gif

It's here guys. It's finally. Here. It's the final weigh-in weekend of our January 2016 challenge! Can you believe it!?

Post your progress here this weekend and I will get the final list made on Monday!!

QOTD - what is one thing that really worked for you and helped you lose weight this month (even if you didn't hit your goal)? What is one thing that didn't?

QOTD - what is one thing that really worked for you and helped you lose weight this month (even if you didn't hit your goal)? What is one thing that didn't?

I think what's really working for me is my workout schedule. I've been running lots and I've recently started adding in some weights.

What isn't working for me is weekend binges. Only because I end up losing all my weeklies in 2 days and then I'm so hungry all week long and really wishing I had more points.

That's amazing. Let us know how it went -- I'm sure you'll beat everyone. You're a ringer :)

Oh well, it is what it is. Tomorrow is Friday, and hopefully that will be the start of an awesome weekend!

This week has been brutal for a lot of people I've talked with - so it's not just you. Maybe there's something in the air or water. Who knows.... but I hope your Friday is amazing and you'll springboard into a great weekend.

Also booked my flight and hotel for April. Looks like I'll be in DW the 12th-18th and staying at Pop.

Now that is something to celebrate! :) Get your Croque Glace at EPCOT - it'll be a perfect post-race treat.

View attachment 148083

It's here guys. It's finally. Here. It's the final weigh-in weekend of our January 2016 challenge! Can you believe it!?

Post your progress here this weekend and I will get the final list made on Monday!!

FINAL WEIGH IN:
LOSS: 1 Pound. Back down to 149.
Percentage toward goal: 100%

I shifted course mid-stream so I'm basically back to where I was in the beginning of the month.

Side note: I'm going to work on starting the February Weight-Loss Challenge Thread today!

@bigsis1970 - I just noticed your countdown slider. What date do you arrive for your next Disney trip in December? We'll be there the 12-19th at the Yacht Club resort. Woohoo!

@courtneybeth WELLLLLLL my plan was 12/17 Till Jan 1, as you see my ticker says it's my Dad's first trip back since he took me as a 1 yr old in 1971 at likely at the Pop for the first part and that as far as I've gotten because the Hubs and I are trying to purchase a new Mobile Home in our park and if that goes thru we'll have both a Mortgage (which we don't currently have) and lot rent to pay so that will put the trip on hold (hopefully only a year).. My Parents are hoping we get the house as are we.. I just turned in the $$ for the credit reports to be pulled and actual application today to the credit union .. Here's hoping.. Truthfully if I had to forgo a trip to Disney for a few years to get this beautiful brand new 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath double wide I would in one second! (our current home is a 2 bedroom 1 bath single wide made in 1972!)
new house
59 Birch.jpg

current house
16 Pinegrove.jpg

View attachment 148083

Ok so I am going to use my Wed Dr WI which was down another 1.3 making me at 5.2 lost this month for a total of 130% .. Going back to WW and journaling is the key for me.. also giving myself a daily water goal I think was helpful as well..

Hope everyone has a great weekend and WI .. See you all Monday!! Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter