A word about the Pirate Cruise

mom23boyz

Wishing I Had a Magic Wand
We signed up all three of our boys (10, 8 and 4) for the GF Pirate Cruise. Once we got there, DS10 said no way and we lost the $29 we paid for him. He felt he was too big for it and to be honest, he was at least 2 years older than everyone else. DS8 and DS4 loved it though!

That's too bad!!

Did you have your kids in any of the Kid's Clubs? He probably would have loved that.

I am glad your other children loved it. My DD6 is doing the Pirate Cruise in February and it will be her 2nd time. She was 5 the first time and that was about the oldest age there.

Having done it 3X, DS decided last year, at age 7, that he had outgrown it. His first voyage was at age 4.

We were going to sign up our friend's 7 year old but now I'm afraid she'll be too old. She loves other children though. Do you think it would still be suitable?

GRAYWIFE said:
Did you have your kids in any of the Kid's Clubs? He probably would have loved that.

I think that 10 is on the outer edge of the Kids Clubs too. The activities (except for Ms Pacman) are not geared for older kids.

My 5 year old DD went on the cruise in Decemeber. There were quite a few younger children ... ones that did not look like they were 4 years old and potty trained! I would say the vast majority of children were between 4 (yeah, right) and 6. I think a 7 or 8 year old would still have fun, but I wouldn't recommend it for a 9-10 year old.

mom23boyz, I'm sorry that you didn't know that until you got there and I appreciate you letting the parents of other older children know. :flower1:

My kids (two girls) did it when they were 5 and 8. My older one was probably one of the eldest there, but she did not mind at all. But then again, now she is almost 10 and she is still a true believer in all the Magic of Disney.

SuperDisneyDad said:
GREYWIFE, when is your DD6 doing the cruise? My DS6 is signed up for it on Feb. 17.

Sorry SuperDisneyDad, My DD6 is signed up for Monday Feb 7th. pirate:

Any DISer's kids signed up for our date? :wave:

My 8 yr. old loved it, so I think 7 is fine. My 10 yr old was also just plain more interested in going on Space Mountain or Tower of Terror, so that didn't help matters much. I was just kind of bummed because it was a 2 hr break that my husband and I expected to spend away from the kids!

robinb said:
My 5 year old DD went on the cruise in Decemeber. There were quite a few younger children ... ones that did not look like they were 4 years old and potty trained! I would say the vast majority of children were between 4 (yeah, right) and 6.

My DS must have been on the same cruise! ;) There were quite a few that did not look 4 yet. As a matter of fact, the head "Pirate" asked one little girl how old she was and she told her she was 3! She asked her older brother and he said she was 3 too. They were already on the boat and the little girl (& her brother) weren't listening to anything the CM said. Since the mother already bolted by that time, they still went. You can tell the CM didn't know what to do. Personally, I was really surprised they didn't just beep the mom and tell her to take the girl off. If something were to happen, they would have opened a whole mess of problems!

To OP, I'm sorry your son didn't go. There were 1-2 older kids on DS's cruise. They seemed to have a good time when they returned, but you could tell at first they were uncomfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter