A Whole New World of Disney ~ Lia's Birthday Shore & Sea Dream Trip! UPDATED 6/24!!!!

Hi Lia! I have been reading your trip reports for a couple of years now and love them! I actually just now signed up with disboards just so I could comment to tell u how much I miss your updates! I hope everything is ok!

APRIL 11, 2014
Day 5, Part 4 In Which We Get A Surprise Visit From The Underworld!

The D-Lounge was all dressed up for Pirate Night so I really wanted to take some pictures in my costume. Jess totally did an amazing job on these.

16190654528_4678bf257c_z.jpg

16378286375_41b36e6d78_z.jpg

Let me go over how I made my costume for those of you looking for something simple to do for Pirate Night. It was probably the easiest costume I've ever put together. Thank God for that because I did not have time to do something like I usually do for MNSSHP. I just asked my dad if he had an old shirt that he didn't mind me ripping up. He gave me two, one was this gorgeous Calvin Klein with silk trim. I was like DAD. I am not ruining this! Are you crazy? So I used the other one that had a stain on it anyway. I literally just went through old Christmas ribbon and ripped some in half, cut holes near the buttons of the shirt, and strung the ribbon through. It was very messy on purpose. The belt is just a belt I have that I love and wear often. The pants were leggings that I wore red fishnets under when I was a zombie cop a few years back, so I decided to just do that same thing. I am so happy I saved those leggings cause I almost threw them away many times (I'm one of those people who loves cleaning out their closet/life) - save all your old costume pieces, people!

So yeah, pirate = easiest costume ever.

Jess's turn to get some cute pics...

16192065269_d60d4da32b_z.jpg

16192065219_5291b2a474_z.jpg

We then made our way to the Walt Disney Theatre for the second show of the cruise, VILLAINS TONIGHT! I was particularly excited about this one because I knew it featured Hades, Pain, and Panic. AKA: three criminally underrated Disney Villains. I love them and there isn't much to see that features them in the parks, so this was pretty special!

We stopped by the Preludes snack and bar area. Jess bought the popcorn bucket they had which was actually Disney Parks themed. I thought it would be Disney Cruise Line, and if it was I definitely would have purchased it. I hate when they just have general "Disney Parks" merchandise that doesn't suit the location you're in. Why would I want a Disney Parks item to commemorate my Disney CRUISE? Make a cruise bucket, Disney!!!

Anyway, I got a Corona. I figured it went with my outfit since pirates drink heavily, or so I've heard. So it matched my outfit.

Once we found seats and got comfy it was time for our 2nd Walt Disney Theatre selfie.

2A457612-A640-4913-8713-294240ACE4F9_zpsxw3v1c54.jpg

After that I noticed that PAIN AND PANIC WERE IN THE CROWD HANGING OUT AND CHATTING WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! I honestly couldn't believe it. These two do not do character meets and are rarely seen, yet here they were, on break from life in the Underworld, just chillin with us humans on the Dream. They were different than Pain and Panic in WDW in that they are not fully costumed/fur characters, they are in the show so they are face. They were mainly in the front and I wished so bad that they'd come over to our section, but I didn't think they would. Then I noticed that Pain was actually all the way up in the box meeting people! He had gotten up there pretty fast!

I didn't see Panic anymore and me and Jess just started chatting for awhile.

Then, all of a sudden, out of NOWHERE Panic jumps at us and into the seat next to Jess!

My life flashed before my eyes.

I think what I said was, "OH MY GOD HI." But it was really more like one word. OHMYGODHI.

PANIC asked how we were doing and had this sassy, disinterested attitude, it was so funny. I asked him how things were going in the Underworld and he was just casually like oh you know things are good. He kept facing forward like he was looking for something and would only briefly look at me. He was very spastic. I loved it.

Jess said that we would have to go visit him in the Underworld and he gave an evil laugh and said "oh, that would be WOOOOOOONDERFUL!!!" Then I realized he was checking for his cue!

He turned to me and said, "HEY, you wanna be in the show?!"

I obviously replied with YES right away. Panic replies, "well... YOU CAN'T!!!!!!"

Then, he immediately leaped out of the seat, laughed maniacally, ran to the stage and started the show. Just like that!

Pain was on the other side and ran up at the same time. It was so hilarious and so much fun! I'm guessing that's the only time that will happen in my life so that was a really cool moment and one of my favorites of the entire cruise. I guess they pick one person/party/family each to hang out with right before the show and they picked us which is SO COOL.

Okay, so, Villains Tonight. It was fine, but not my favorite. It certainly wasn't anywhere near the Broadway quality that shows at the parks can be.

I really didn't like all the pop culture jokes, which is weird, because I love pop culture and am always up to date on the news. It was like a sad impression of what Kathy Griffin does (and I love her, but she has a very specific way of making what she says funny and most people can't do that). I don't wanna hear Hades making fun of Miley and Justin Bieber! It took me out of the whole thing because I don't connect celeb drama to Disney's flawless storytelling so it was annoying. The worst part was Hades is SO funny on his own, the way he was written. He doesn't have to do a stand up act. Still, I admire the fact that it was different and they took a risk by doing that. I didn't like how it turned out, but different is better than boring.

There were other things I wasn't crazy about, but I'm not here to tear someone's hard work up. So I will say that just the fact that it was Hades up there with Pain, Panic, and the Fates (!!!! never expected them to be in it!) did make me very happy. It was definitely entertaining. Also, performer who played Scar was phenomenal. I was so impressed by his voice. He should absolutely be on Broadway if he isn't by now!

Up next was our dinner at...

22797019035_494daccc25_z.jpg

We heard that if you were gonna skip one of your given dinners to do Palo or Remy, this was the one to skip, so we wondered if it was going to be good. I have to say, I was really excited regardless of the reviews. Having a new restaurant to try every night where you can order whatever you want is so much fun. It was also nice not to agonize over which restaurants to choose like I do for my WDW trips. I love planning my trips, but on the cruise everything is just right there for you, and that's a nice change!

Fair warning: I remember very little about this dining experience. I'm very thankful for the magic of photography to get me through this update!

22404847909_3b3d6e4288_z.jpg

22174288954_3acd0c4287_z.jpg

Here are the food pictures. What I recall is that this was our least favorite meal, the best part being the desserts. Entrees were fine, appetizers I was not into.

22771036126_c0d6843444_z.jpg

22808511401_241ba003cb_z.jpg

We got the party going with some Shirley Temples

22808511541_dd1dd3e610_z.jpg

22797018865_6735bbef15_z.jpg

North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli - with roasted garlic and sweet basil in a light tomato broth

22378660447_65742b0e74_z.jpg

We both had this steak as an entree

22609049450_4592cf47c7_z.jpg

We have SO MANY dessert photos that I am not even going to include them all. I think this was a situation where we ordered normally, but they still brought bonus desserts to the table because we are princesses and need as many as possible.

22175886943_2053935d42_z.jpg

I wish I knew the name of this because Jess said it was her favorite the entire cruise.

I know THIS was a Churro Sundae:

22378649708_79194f5e7d_z.jpg

Chocolate Mousse something or other... (I know, I write the best trip reports)

22378660507_df60e71d96_z.jpg

This was definitely something they brought that wasn't on the menu. The chocolates were good, I took them for later. Not a big fan of the jellies.

22174570654_c15dd31676_z.jpg

My favorite part of this restaurant was definitely the atmosphere, particularly this fountain:

22797019005_76168e45df_z.jpg

With Mickey Mouse as cupid on top of it, of course.

22609049570_6241b5c16a_z.jpg

After feasting on our 78 desserts, we headed out for another character greeting.

Seating area outside Enchanted Garden:

22783524872_ede0efcc5f_z.jpg

Hook and Smee were meeting at the Walt Disney Theatre for Pirate Night, so of course we had to meet them!

22783524932_fced0db4dd_z.jpg

I don't think I had ever met them before, so it was fun to cross more characters off the list.

APRIL 11, 2014
Day 5, Part 5 In Which We Have ANOTHER Surprise Character Meet!

Before I get into this next part of the story, remember that at the time Jess was completely obsessed with Peter Pan.

So of course, we walk out of the restroom together Peter Pan was RIGHT THERE!!!

I saw him first and was SO surprised. I looked at Jess right as she saw him and her face of utter bliss was SO HILARIOUS as she screamed, "OH MY GOD."

What was even funnier was his reaction to our faces of shock. Like he doesn't know how epic this moment was because he doesn't realize how obsessed Jess is with him and he also didn't know that we were talking about all day after meeting him.

Peter was just really amused by us and his reaction to our reactions cracked me up so much. I laughed so ridiculously hard and loud and we pretty much caused a scene but it's fine. I will never forget it.

This is pretty much the best photo I've ever taken:

22176993813_3fbff7c333_z.jpg

Because... guy with beer pointing at Peter Pan. It's weird for beer and Disney character meets to mix. They often do, though... thank you Epcot. Anyway... I wonder how drunk this guy was, if at all. I could imagine someone being drunk and being very very startled by randomly seeing Peter Pan. Such a funny thought.

Jess really wanted to take another picture with him because there was one I had taken that was posed really cutely but was blurry, so she asked where his line was and he was like "I don't have a line!"

We looked around and it was true, there was no line and no character attendant or photographer to be found. WHICH WE LOVED OBVIOUSLY. I think anything that was different from WDW we loved just because we are so used to the way they do things there so it was like a new adventure every time something like this happened.

Peter started running away! Apparently the kid he was talking to had a friend that was upstairs. So Peter started running upstairs and we followed him. I was like okay we are now stalking him... it's fine. I mean it's not really that surprising that my life had lead to this moment anyway so I was cool with it.

Jess was like "CAN WE COME WITH YOU???" And he of course yelled back yes. Then, as we all ran upstairs together, he asked what we did today. We told him that we had eaten even more food and had 2 desserts each and he judged us again LOL.

Then, we told him about our meeting with Hook and Smee and he was like DID YOU CALL HIM A CODFISH?!?!? We confirmed that we in fact had and Peter laughed so hard and seemed very pleased. I'd say he guffawed, even.

I guess that kid found his friends and Peter was like, "Do you wanna take a picture?" and ran over to the balcony so the chandelier could be in the background.

Then, two little girls dressed in princess outfits wanted to meet with him so we just like let them cut in front of us or whatever because we are not that insane that we are going to hog all of Peter's attention away from children. So we just like hung out with him and were his groupies while he met with people.

These little girls didn't have a pen for him to sign their books! Their mother don't have one either and neither did Peter. No pockets... no character attendant... hmm, this characters wandering the ship alone thing has its downsides.

The poor mom was so distressed, I felt so bad! The girls were just standing there like "what do we do?" and I remembered that I had a sharpie in my bag so I pulled it out and the mother was so grateful, thanking me over and over!

Peter said to them, "she's your hero! She's saving the day!" It was too awesome. Peter Pan called me a hero!

Which I am, quite frankly. I mean WHAT WOULD THEY HAVE DONE?! I should work in the Emergency Room.

I handed Peter the sharpie and he said, "Thanks, hero! Hmm, pirate? Pirate hero?" cause of my costume. Then the mother said, "GODDESS! She's a goddess!" What a sweet lady!

And then Peter Pan called me a Pirate Goddess. I've been called a lo of names, but that's an original. It was fantastic. I bowed.

I just loved how informal the whole thing was. It felt so real because we had just stumbled upon Peter and got to go on a little adventure upstairs with him and it was just too cute. I felt really lucky to have that experience.

So then Jess asked if we could retake the picture and he said yes. She had him do a bunch and was like instructing him on how to pose cause it had to be just like the earlier picture. It was sooo funny. So I took a bunch of pictures of him and her and then it was my turn.

I LOVE HOW THIS TURNED OUT SO MUCH.

22379148198_418c486f72_z.jpg

Still one of my favorite character photos!

We took a couple and then Jess wanted another one. LOL she is so obsessed, love it. She was like "I'm sorry but I just know I'm going to regret it if I don't." Peter was like, "oh alright!" and then I took two more of them and finally she got the shot she wanted.

22176383793_6e690afba6_z.jpg

A line had begun to form and I wondered how it would end since there was no attendant or anything to cut it off. I guess someone eventually shows up? Or does Peter just peace out by himself? I don't know but it was so much fun to not have any structure and just have fun with Peter!

After another amazing, unexpected character experience, we headed up to Deck 11 for the big finale to Pirate Night, which is a show and then fireworks.

I was most excited for the fireworks because I just think it's rad to shoot them off from the middle of the ocean. Plus, it reminds me of the flawless scene in Titanic where the distress signals are going off behind Leo DiCaprio's head. Yes, I kept thinking about Titanic the entire time and no, the ship did NOT sink! Whew. Sorry to give away that huge spoiler... TR ruined, I guess.

So, it comes the time in the report to share more about my own personal likes and dislikes, which is obviously why you are all reading. Anyway, I'm not crazy about pirates. I mean, the ride is of course one of the best things at Disney and the first movie is good. However, I did not like the 2nd and 3rd films and after that I just gave up, despite being a lifelong fan of the greatest person to walk the face of the Earth (officially) King Johnny Depp. So this whole explosion of Pirate popularity that's occurred the past 10+ years has been kinda lost on me. I'm like, okay fine, but I'm not going to rush anywhere for any pirate shows anytime soon.

HOWEVER.

Even if you greatly dislike pirates, get your BUTT up to Deck 11 for this Pirate Show.

IT WAS AMAZING.

22808993871_d28481bd54_z.jpg

A great thing about pirates is they make funny faces a TON. I hear from Captain Jack that it's like, the 4th lesson you learn in Pirate School, you know after 1. Pillaging, 2. Plundering, and 3. Not giving a hoot.

22379417058_17af659f8f_z.jpg

Frying pans. Who knew, right?

22175051124_8d79203e13_z.jpg

Okay SO. You see this cyllinder thing with blue lights? I think we were both too shocked to capture a photo, but at one point Captain Jack was allll the way up there! In general, there was a lot of mid-air pirate action.

22175063194_5502c858d8_z.jpg

I know I'm not selling how exciting this show was because of my limited range of details (I MUST keep up on my reports better!) However, they made good use of the deck space, I'll say that. I just didn't expect it to be SO good. I thought, okay basic pirate show coming. NOPE! It was a can't miss experience on the cruise. I went from, "Okay whatever, pirates" to being genuinely thrilled. YAY, Disney does it again.

Right after the stage show is the FIREWORKS!

22176991313_b029ac56df_z.jpg

I was wowed by these as well. I mean... middle of the ocean, fireworks, my birthday week, Disney, life. Crying!

Now, Disney Cruise Line is wonderful and magical in many ways. However, there are some things that are very weird.

Like this horrifying thing that was hanging from the ceiling of our stateroom.

22784624942_9bed291b7f_z.jpg

I think we deduced via Law & Order style sleuthing that this "towel animal" was in fact supposed to be a monkey. However, I've been to Animal Kingdom and I can tell you that is not what the monkeys look like. So I prefer to call it "horrifying thing".

It was quickly removed from the premises and burned just in case.

Shudder.

Anyway. the exciting part was that tomorrow's Navigator was also left behind, as were more chocolates!
22176994073_fc5f8e046a_z.jpg

You may have also noticed the CASTAWAY CAY MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So exciting because as I have said before, Castaway Cay was by far the BEST part of the entire cruise and the main reason I am dying to get back on a Disney ship.

Now, as we did the night before, we checked out the Navigator and began to plan our day. Jess and I actually disagreed on touring plans which almost never happens. It wasn't like an argument or anything cause that's my girl, but I really wanted to explore the more islandy parts of Castaway Cay and Jess mainly wanted to meet the characters that were going to be out. We had already met all of the characters featured, so I wanted to spend time snorkling and doing whatever it is people who take island vacations do (I go to Disney and see Hanson, often in tandem, which rarely involves snorkeling.) Jess pointed out that the characters would be in front of different backgrounds wearing different clothes, and, to be honest... she had a fair point. However, I was actually (gasp) getting a little sick of meeting characters and since I don't really do the island vacation thing and had no idea when I would be on a Disney private island ever again, I was kinda digging my heels in a little because I just saw it as this new adventure to explore a Disney ISLAND!!! Oh my God I was so excited.

The question is... where did we land on this issue? Did we meet characters? Explore the island? Compromise? Did I leave Jess to meet characters to face snorkeling alone which lead to me going off the map and swimming into shark infested waters? Did this ruin our friendship for all ETERNITY?

You will just have to wait and see!!!

I will say, as I have said before, planning out your days on the cruise is just as important and effective as doing so in the parks. If we hadn't had this discussion the night before, and instead just got off the ship and had to have a big talk about what we were going to do, it would have been a mess. The Navigator is an absolutely wonderful tool to make the most of your trip, so be sure to use it!

HI PEOPLE OF THE DIS! You must be so confused right now because I UPDATED THIS TRIP REPORT!!! You're probably like, WHO ARE YOU? I know, it's weird. I don't know why I stopped. I just did. You know, it happens. I don't even know if people write these things anymore but I wanted to get back in the game since I AM GOING BACK TO DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW!!! Friday, that is. I have not been there IN OVER A YEAR, can you believe that disgusting fact?! It's strange, I've been so busy this year and distracted with other things that the missing Disney hasn't been THAT bad. I have a feeling that when I get there it's all going to hit me and I'm going to completely lose it, like, more than usual.

It's your typical crew on this upcoming trip: me, Hula Timon, Princess Jess, Gina, Lee-Anne, Hanson, Bob Jackson. The regulars. You know how it goes by now.

This trip is going to be a BLOW OUT. Just complete craziness. For instance... you wouldn't BELIEVE where we are staying. I'm not gonna tell you, you'll just have to wait and see. We are also going to the CHRISTMAS PARTY!! I was devastated to miss MNSSHP for the first time this year, thanks Hanson, but now I get to do MVMCP, which I've never attended before! I'm so excited!

Also... as amazing as Disney itself is, I just haven't seen Gina and Jess in so long. Like I said... it's been a whirlwind 13 months since I last went to WDW, I could write a book about it. In fact, I might. I'M A PRINCESS TOO NOW, DID YOU KNOW? Yeah, that's my job. It's fine, Disney won't hire me but I don't care because I perform as almost all the princesses for events and parties! It's the greatest job in the whole entire world and I actually hated taking time off this weekend to go on this trip! It is the most magical experience to get to make children happy and I just don't believe I get paid for having the time of my life and living out my dream of BEING A DISNEY PRINCESS!

For my princess pictures and to follow my Disney adventures starting TOMORROW, check out my instagram: capriamoon.

Actually, here's the Social Media roundup for my crew:

Lia Instagram: @capriamoon
Lia Twitter and Vine: @babybritney
Lia Youtube: Youtube.com/capriamoon
Jess Instagram & Twitter: @princessjess508
Gina Twitter: @thelucysky420
Gina Instagram: @thelucysky
Hanson Twitter: @hansonmusic - Hanson has been upgraded from 2 nights at Epcot to THREE!!! Can you believe it? As if two nights of earth shatteringly brilliant concerts performed by MY FAVORITE BAND at MY FAVORITE PLACE weren't enough, they've added an additional night!! It's things like this that make me realize the world caters to my personal interests. THANK YOU!!
Taylor Hanson Instagram: @taylorhansonmusic

Lee-Anne isn't into Social Media, she's mysterious and cool like that. I've been seeing a lot of her lately, in fact we just got back from seeing Hanson all the way in Dallas, which was amazing! We had a blast. Jess has completed a 2nd Disneyland CP, bringing her grand total of CPs to 3, and is now working at one of the coolest locations of all time, THE HAUNTED MANSION!!! Gina also recently completed a CP, hers being in Walt Disney World merchandise. She had another amazing location: Sunset, which means she worked at Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster, and Fantasmic! So proud of them! I didn't get to visit her during her CP which was hugely disappointing for us both so I just CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HER. And it's been so embarrasingly long since I've seen Jess, I can't even talk about it. I will probably cry when I see her. I LOVE YOU MY AMAZING FRIENDS!!! AHHHH

Okay guys, I doubt I will be able to update again before I leave... but I would love to, I'm gettin' into the Disney spirit! As if I wasn't naturally.

I'll say goodnight now, but first I have to say thank you, because a lot of people I don't even know have reached out expressing excitement over the fact that I am going back to Disney, and I think that is amazing and really special. It's a warm fuzzy feeling that people who read my reports or follow me on social media seem genuinely happy for me. It makes me feel like my love and passion for Disney truly does shine through because it seems like you guys understand what it means to me to be able to go. Thanks so much for the continued interest and support, hope I won't let you down again with a months-long hiatus!

See ya REAL soon!

XOXO
Lia

Welcome back! I've seen your amazing Princess pictures on Instagram and I truly believe Disney is missing out by not letting you be friends with the princesses. ;)

Yay for heading back to Disney tomorrow...my husband and I will be on WDW property in 10 days!!!! We are doing a Honeymoon Redo and it will be just the two of us. Super excited...a lot of firsts for us too (1st time at a Moderate, dinner at Ohana, MVMCP, etc). Would love to cross paths with you and the gang, but not sure if you will still be around then!

Hope you have a fun and safe trip! :)

Welcome back, you've been missed!! I'm leaving for Disney on Saturday, hope to run into you! Please don't think I'm some sort of weird stalker if I see you and say (yell) hi--I've been reading your TRs so long you're kind of a celebrity to me lol. Looking so forward to seeing Hanson for the first time! Have a great trip!!!

Hey Lia so glad for your return to the DIS girl! I have always enjoyed reading your TR's. Man it seemed like so many people left all of a sudden here on the TR board and no one was posting anymore. I hear ya though life happens sometimes and all you need is a new upcoming Disney adventure to get your story telling vibe going again lol! I have had 2 more WDW trips since my last TR and I have been putting off whether or not to do a TR for those....it takes dedication and I'm just looking for the spark to get me motivated lol! 13 months is a long spell with no Disney so I am happy that you are getting to go back!!! :)

Please share LOTS AND LOTS of Hanson!! I was in Disney world when they did their 2 nights in New Orleans and although we decided to go back for a weekend in November to see the O Lights, we will miss them in Epcot too. I'm so bummed! I haven't missed out on a tour since the very first one! Hope y'all have so much fun & I look forward to seeing all the pics on Instagram & Facebook!!!

Lia! Oh my goodness, I cannot express how happy I am to seeing you updating again! I'll get to reading those ASAP, but I first just wanted to come down here and say my little bit. I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports over the years! I don't have many people in my life who have the Disney bug like I do, so it has meant a lot to see someone who is just as passionate and excited about it as I am! And your writing is so excellent, I often feel like I am right there with you, Jess and the gang :goodvibes And can I say how cool it is that you and Jess found each other through the Dis! I was just telling her that you guys are total Disney friend goals :rotfl:

Anyways, I'm so excited for you because you're BACK IN DISNEY :cool1::cool1::cool1: And while you're living it up in WDW, I'm going to get back to reading; I can't wait to see how this story ends popcorn::

P.S. I've loved seeing all your pictures from your new job! You make a fabulous princess princess:

I was so excited to see an update. Have an amazing time in Disney. Hopefully once you've finished the cruise trip report you'll start another one from this trip. Wishing you the best...

Hey! Have u ever checked out touringplans.com? U should! You would fit in perfectly with us crazy liners over there on chat! I'm so glad u r updating, LOVE your reports. We have never done a cruise before, but reading this really makes me want to!

Wow!!! Thank you so much everyone for COMMENTING! I didn't know anyone would still be reading this and I thought I would get 1, MAYBE 2 comments. So this is very cool! I'm happy you're all still on board, thank you thank you thank you!

Well, I've been back from Disney for one week now and I truly, truly miss it and wish more than anything I could go back very soon.

Not sure if I'll do a trip report, so here's a quick rundown of what happened....

Day 1: Met up with Jess and checked into the BOARDWALK...... CLUB LEVEL! It was AMAZING. Salt Water Taffy everywhere. The Club Level lounge had such good snacks. I was stuffing myself silly. Went to Epcot for more stuffing ourselves. SO GOOD to be back at Food & Wine. Jess's boyfriend then got out of work so we went to meet up with him at Boardwalk and enjoyed the lounge again. Back to Epcot. Then back to the resort again because Jess's friend Michaela had arrived. Check out her Instagram: missmichaelaaa and Twitter: disney_michaela. I had never met her before but guess what? She likes Disney! So we got along. She was very sweet, fun, and excitable... I love people who are so thrilled to be in Disney like me. We enjoyed the lounge AGAIN and ate MORE and then took a loop around the Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club pin trading and shopping. Ate moooooore at Boardwalk Bakery, cause I wanted a cupcake all day.

Day 2: Jess and I went to Animal Kingdom to meet up with her boyfriend, Noah, and his sister who was on her first ever trip to Disney World! We hit up Everest multiple times, Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King, and saw baby gorillas playing at Pangani which was one of the best things I've seen in a long time. Around lunch we split up, they went to Studios and I had some alone time with my beloved Animal Kingdom Lodge. Got African Stew and another cupcake at the Mara and just chiiiiilled out. Went to check in at our next resort: THE CONTEMPORARY! Could hardly believe I was staying there. I was so tired and decided to just enjoy the room & rest for a couple hours before meeting back up with Jess at Studios for Fantasmic and the Osborne Lights. After the park closed, she and I headed to Art of Animation for dinner and then back to Contemp. Michaela had spent the day in Magic Kingdom and we were all so excited to be staying RIGHT NEXT TO THE PARK! So worth it.

Day 3: We slept in and then went for lunch and shopping at Disney Springs. Back at the Contemporary, GINA ARRIVED and then we all got ready for the very first MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY OF THE SEASON! Amazing. Walked to MK, went to go meet Sandy Claws which was so fun. Met my loves Rapunzel and Flynn, then Cinderella and Charming. Ate Casey's on Main Street during Celebrate the Magic and Holiday Wishes. Bought the special Rapunzel & Flynn Christmas Party pin and got a spot for the parade in Frontierland. My favorite part of it was the princess float. Went on Jingle Cruise and met Prince Ali and Abu, then called it a night and walked back to Contemp. Had tons of fun and laughing fits with my friends. So much fun.

Day 4: We all went our separate ways this day. Jess and Michaela went to Epcot, Gina went to Studios to visit some work friends and then joined them. Lee-Anne arrived in the afternoon and went to Magic Kingdom. I was off property with another friend until I joined Lee-Anne at MK and we just hung out and then went to PhilharMagic. Gina joined us and we did Splash and Space Mountain, watched Wishes and got Casey's again. This time we were staying at Coronado so we headed back there afterward.

Day 5: Jess, Lee-Anne, Gina, and I went to Animal Kingdom, met Pocahontas and saw the tigers. We saw Festival of the Lion King again and I was too tired to go on. I needed a nap because tonight was the beginning of the Hanson shows and I needed my rest before that began! The girls agreed so we took naps before going to Epcot that night. Hanson was flawless as usual and so was Food & Wine. We saw Illuminations and did more pin trading at the Epcot resorts after the park closed. Back at Coronado Gina & I did yoga on our bed and then went to Rix Lounge for awhile before calling it a night.

Day 6: Got to Epcot at 9am to see Hanson do a presentation & tasting promoting their beer company. More food and wining followed. Took the boat to Studios, ate cupcakes at Starring Rolls, and SAW MY BELOVED EVIE STARLIGHT. I was so so so so so excited to see this flawless woman!!! We went on Great Movie Ride and Tower, visited Gina's old work places and then took the bus to Epcot for even more Food & Wine Festival and HANSON AGAIN! Oh how I love them forever and ever. Ate dinner at Chefs de France and got free alcohol at the Chase Lounge, then headed over to Port Orleans for beignets and BOB JACKSON!!!! It felt like being back at home to see Bob again, so amazing.

Day 7: Unfortunately, Gina had to leave this morning because she had an exam. Bleeeee. Miss her. Jess, Lee-Anne and I soldiered on! Another morning at Studios. Met Santa Goofy and Sorcerer Mickey before lunch at my favorite restaurant, SCI FI! Soon after we drove to Epcot for, you guessed it, more Food & Wine and more Hanson. I could really, really get used to this routine. Had to say goodbye to Jess at this point which was so upsetting. Thank God I had one more Hanson show to soften the blow. For my last night, Lee-Anne and I were staying at All Star Sports, so we went back there after the park closed. I wandered around the resort for awhile just checking it out and really enjoyed it.

Day 8: Lee-Anne and I split up in the morning because she wanted to sleep in a bit and see Captain EO one last time. I headed to Studios, got there before opening, and still waited 90 minutes for Toy Story Mania. It's like there's no slow season anymore... oh well. I really enjoyed my Studios alone time, you all know how much I love doing the solo thing. Saw Evie one more time, got another cupcake, went on Tower and Coaster, and rereeealllllyyy did not want to leave! Met up with Lee-Anne at MK where they were filming the Christmas parade. Wasn't as crazy as I expected. We went on Haunted Mansion, ate lunch at Pinocchio's, went on Pooh and Small World. Then it was time to head back to All Star Sports to catch the Magical Express. I don't think Lee-Anne and I said one word to each other the entire way to the airport because we were SO sleepy and SO SAD to be leaving our magical haven of Disney World. I absolutely can not wait to go back.

This little recap only scratched the surface! Maybe I do need to do a report. ;) What a ridiculously wonderful trip... I feel so incredibly blessed to have gone on it. I can't even believe how special and exciting it all ended up being, though I don't know why I'm surprised, but it just all worked out so well. My best friends, Disney, Hanson... it all comes together for me on these trips and I could not be more thankful.

For pictures check out my Instagram: @capriamoon. I'm actually not done posting from the trip and will continue to do so over the next few weeks!

Thanks for following along guys and stay tuned for a new Cruise update coming soon. :)

Wow!!! Thank you so much everyone for COMMENTING! I didn't know anyone would still be reading this and I thought I would get 1, MAYBE 2 comments. So this is very cool! I'm happy you're all still on board, thank you thank you thank you!

Well, I've been back from Disney for one week now and I truly, truly miss it and wish more than anything I could go back very soon.

Not sure if I'll do a trip report, so here's a quick rundown of what happened....

Day 1: Met up with Jess and checked into the BOARDWALK...... CLUB LEVEL! It was AMAZING. Salt Water Taffy everywhere. The Club Level lounge had such good snacks. I was stuffing myself silly. Went to Epcot for more stuffing ourselves. SO GOOD to be back at Food & Wine. Jess's boyfriend then got out of work so we went to meet up with him at Boardwalk and enjoyed the lounge again. Back to Epcot. Then back to the resort again because Jess's friend Michaela had arrived. Check out her Instagram: missmichaelaaa and Twitter: disney_michaela. I had never met her before but guess what? She likes Disney! So we got along. She was very sweet, fun, and excitable... I love people who are so thrilled to be in Disney like me. We enjoyed the lounge AGAIN and ate MORE and then took a loop around the Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club pin trading and shopping. Ate moooooore at Boardwalk Bakery, cause I wanted a cupcake all day.

Day 2: Jess and I went to Animal Kingdom to meet up with her boyfriend, Noah, and his sister who was on her first ever trip to Disney World! We hit up Everest multiple times, Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King, and saw baby gorillas playing at Pangani which was one of the best things I've seen in a long time. Around lunch we split up, they went to Studios and I had some alone time with my beloved Animal Kingdom Lodge. Got African Stew and another cupcake at the Mara and just chiiiiilled out. Went to check in at our next resort: THE CONTEMPORARY! Could hardly believe I was staying there. I was so tired and decided to just enjoy the room & rest for a couple hours before meeting back up with Jess at Studios for Fantasmic and the Osborne Lights. After the park closed, she and I headed to Art of Animation for dinner and then back to Contemp. Michaela had spent the day in Magic Kingdom and we were all so excited to be staying RIGHT NEXT TO THE PARK! So worth it.

Day 3: We slept in and then went for lunch and shopping at Disney Springs. Back at the Contemporary, GINA ARRIVED and then we all got ready for the very first MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY OF THE SEASON! Amazing. Walked to MK, went to go meet Sandy Claws which was so fun. Met my loves Rapunzel and Flynn, then Cinderella and Charming. Ate Casey's on Main Street during Celebrate the Magic and Holiday Wishes. Bought the special Rapunzel & Flynn Christmas Party pin and got a spot for the parade in Frontierland. My favorite part of it was the princess float. Went on Jingle Cruise and met Prince Ali and Abu, then called it a night and walked back to Contemp. Had tons of fun and laughing fits with my friends. So much fun.

Day 4: We all went our separate ways this day. Jess and Michaela went to Epcot, Gina went to Studios to visit some work friends and then joined them. Lee-Anne arrived in the afternoon and went to Magic Kingdom. I was off property with another friend until I joined Lee-Anne at MK and we just hung out and then went to PhilharMagic. Gina joined us and we did Splash and Space Mountain, watched Wishes and got Casey's again. This time we were staying at Coronado so we headed back there afterward.

Day 5: Jess, Lee-Anne, Gina, and I went to Animal Kingdom, met Pocahontas and saw the tigers. We saw Festival of the Lion King again and I was too tired to go on. I needed a nap because tonight was the beginning of the Hanson shows and I needed my rest before that began! The girls agreed so we took naps before going to Epcot that night. Hanson was flawless as usual and so was Food & Wine. We saw Illuminations and did more pin trading at the Epcot resorts after the park closed. Back at Coronado Gina & I did yoga on our bed and then went to Rix Lounge for awhile before calling it a night.

Day 6: Got to Epcot at 9am to see Hanson do a presentation & tasting promoting their beer company. More food and wining followed. Took the boat to Studios, ate cupcakes at Starring Rolls, and SAW MY BELOVED EVIE STARLIGHT. I was so so so so so excited to see this flawless woman!!! We went on Great Movie Ride and Tower, visited Gina's old work places and then took the bus to Epcot for even more Food & Wine Festival and HANSON AGAIN! Oh how I love them forever and ever. Ate dinner at Chefs de France and got free alcohol at the Chase Lounge, then headed over to Port Orleans for beignets and BOB JACKSON!!!! It felt like being back at home to see Bob again, so amazing.

Day 7: Unfortunately, Gina had to leave this morning because she had an exam. Bleeeee. Miss her. Jess, Lee-Anne and I soldiered on! Another morning at Studios. Met Santa Goofy and Sorcerer Mickey before lunch at my favorite restaurant, SCI FI! Soon after we drove to Epcot for, you guessed it, more Food & Wine and more Hanson. I could really, really get used to this routine. Had to say goodbye to Jess at this point which was so upsetting. Thank God I had one more Hanson show to soften the blow. For my last night, Lee-Anne and I were staying at All Star Sports, so we went back there after the park closed. I wandered around the resort for awhile just checking it out and really enjoyed it.

Day 8: Lee-Anne and I split up in the morning because she wanted to sleep in a bit and see Captain EO one last time. I headed to Studios, got there before opening, and still waited 90 minutes for Toy Story Mania. It's like there's no slow season anymore... oh well. I really enjoyed my Studios alone time, you all know how much I love doing the solo thing. Saw Evie one more time, got another cupcake, went on Tower and Coaster, and rereeealllllyyy did not want to leave! Met up with Lee-Anne at MK where they were filming the Christmas parade. Wasn't as crazy as I expected. We went on Haunted Mansion, ate lunch at Pinocchio's, went on Pooh and Small World. Then it was time to head back to All Star Sports to catch the Magical Express. I don't think Lee-Anne and I said one word to each other the entire way to the airport because we were SO sleepy and SO SAD to be leaving our magical haven of Disney World. I absolutely can not wait to go back.

This little recap only scratched the surface! Maybe I do need to do a report. ;) What a ridiculously wonderful trip... I feel so incredibly blessed to have gone on it. I can't even believe how special and exciting it all ended up being, though I don't know why I'm surprised, but it just all worked out so well. My best friends, Disney, Hanson... it all comes together for me on these trips and I could not be more thankful.

For pictures check out my Instagram: @capriamoon. I'm actually not done posting from the trip and will continue to do so over the next few weeks!

Thanks for following along guys and stay tuned for a new Cruise update coming soon. :)

Sounds like an utterly wonderful trip :) I just missed the Christmas parties this year (I left WDW on the Saturday before the parties, so your day 2 I think?!) so extra gutted that I missed princesses with their partners. they were a sad omission at MNSSHP again this year.

Staying tuned for more Cruise fun, and will definitely be on the look out for a trip report for this one too! All the best Princess Lia! pixiedust:

Subbin!:)

and getting caught up on yer TR -popcorn::
givin me some great ideas for my upcoming adventures n2 Orlando in mid April.......:thanks:
(gonna b called "My adventures n Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and other assorted silliness; April 2016)......

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

I'm so happy to see you back updating Lia and can't wait for the next instalment. You are an incredibly talented writer and reading your reports cures my post-Disney blues (we haven't been since November 2013 but are hoping we will make it over from Scotland in October 2016!)

So glad you had another great trip!

Amy

Sounds like an utterly wonderful trip :) I just missed the Christmas parties this year (I left WDW on the Saturday before the parties, so your day 2 I think?!) so extra gutted that I missed princesses with their partners. they were a sad omission at MNSSHP again this year.

Staying tuned for more Cruise fun, and will definitely be on the look out for a trip report for this one too! All the best Princess Lia! pixiedust:

I don't know why on earth they would ever remove the Princes from MNSSHP. I know a lot of people are mad about recent changes to the parks but when you mess with my princes... :sad:

Subbin!:)

and getting caught up on yer TR -popcorn::
givin me some great ideas for my upcoming adventures n2 Orlando in mid April.......:thanks:
(gonna b called "My adventures n Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and other assorted silliness; April 2016)......

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Yay that's great! Your trip is coming up so soon, and it's during my birthday month, so you should probably buy me at least 12 presents.

Welcome back! It sounds like your trip was Awesome! I hope you do decide to do a full report!

If I can EVER finish this one... I might :teeth:

I'm so happy to see you back updating Lia and can't wait for the next instalment. You are an incredibly talented writer and reading your reports cures my post-Disney blues (we haven't been since November 2013 but are hoping we will make it over from Scotland in October 2016!)

So glad you had another great trip!

Amy

Aww. Thank you so much, that's really great to hear! Tell Scotland I said hi and I would love to visit it someday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter