A weekend break...

rottie155

<font color=royalblue>Clochette? CLOCHETTE!!!!!<br
We all knew that me buying an annual pass at the start of this month was going to be lethal now didn't we :rotfl:

Well, DBF and I have been following the news around the upcoming Spring season event at DLP and decided we would LOVE to see it :lovestruc therefore we were sensible and decided that we would stay offsite, DBF will also buy an annual pass and we will venture in to the parks.

So, I am pleased and super excited to announce that WE'RE GOING BACK IN JUST OVER TWO MONTHS!! We arrive on Sunday 8th June and depart on Tuesday 10th June (we're purely going to see the Spring event so this is perfect for us) and I've booked us into Dream Castle. It looks beautiful, I just don't know how it will all work :rotfl2: how do we get to the parks from the hotel? Is it easy? Are we near a train station too or is it busses only? I'd like to book the inventions brunch for us on the Sunday too so hopefully we will have time to get to Dream Castle, check in and get to the Disneyland Hotel in plenty of time :confused3

Still, super excited!!! Love a disney booking day!! :banana::banana::banana:

We all knew that me buying an annual pass at the start of this month was going to be lethal now didn't we :rotfl:

yep - but lethal in a good way :goodvibes.

Well, DBF and I have been following the news around the upcoming Spring season event at DLP and decided we would LOVE to see it :lovestruc therefore we were sensible and decided that we would stay offsite, DBF will also buy an annual pass and we will venture in to the parks.

So, I am pleased and super excited to announce that WE'RE GOING BACK IN JUST OVER TWO MONTHS!! We arrive on Sunday 8th June and depart on Tuesday 10th June (we're purely going to see the Spring event so this is perfect for us) and I've booked us into Dream Castle. It looks beautiful, I just don't know how it will all work :rotfl2: how do we get to the parks from the hotel? Is it easy?

dead easy - all 4 associated hotels are in a row, and they are all served by a free shuttle bus which runs from the parks and back, all day every day, from 6amish to midnight, and the shuttles run every 20 minutes or so. They pick up and drop off at the parks, right outside the train station at the entrance to the parks, next to The Village.

Are we near a train station too or is it busses only? I'd like to book the inventions brunch for us on the Sunday too so hopefully we will have time to get to Dream Castle, check in and get to the Disneyland Hotel in plenty of time :confused3

Still, super excited!!! Love a disney booking day!! :banana::banana::banana:

are you driving over? if you are i'm sure you can plan to arrive at the Dream Castle as early as you like on Sunday :).

Thank you Elaine!! :goodvibes

Yes, we are going to drive over so I am going to see just how early DBF is happy to go on Sunday morning (I'd leave at midnight to be there for park opening if I had my way:rotfl2: )

That's really good to know all the hotels are in a line! I can't wait to see a new side to Disney!!!!

Dream Castle is lovely! Big comfy beds, lovely hot breakfast items!! Yes a shared shuttle, and it gets busy (we had a pushchair too!!!), but you'll both be fine. You can't really walk to the hotels (well, you CAN, but it's a LONG walk! lol) but the shuttles happen often enough.

We would go back there, without hesitation. Just happens that the deals for on site hotels have worked out better for us this year.

(Oh and not relevant for you at the moment, ;) but there's bunk beds in the room too WITH a curtain to pull around - great for kids who can't get to sleep if there's lights or parents around who are still potching about sorting bags and clothes!)

C x

Hang on a minute....haven't you just come back! :rotfl:

Not that anyone is counting, or wishing they were going themselves!!

Brilliant news! We went early June last year.....it was very warm weather. The spring festival looks like it is going to be very beautiful! Looking forward to reading all about it and seeing your lovely photos ;-)

Dream Castle is lovely! Big comfy beds, lovely hot breakfast items!! Yes a shared shuttle, and it gets busy (we had a pushchair too!!!), but you'll both be fine. You can't really walk to the hotels (well, you CAN, but it's a LONG walk! lol) but the shuttles happen often enough.

We would go back there, without hesitation. Just happens that the deals for on site hotels have worked out better for us this year.

(Oh and not relevant for you at the moment, ;) but there's bunk beds in the room too WITH a curtain to pull around - great for kids who can't get to sleep if there's lights or parents around who are still potching about sorting bags and clothes!)

C x

Oh wow that sounds absolutely perfect :goodvibes thank you!!!! :flower3:

We both said that for the sake of two nights, we can handle the shuttle busses, but it's good to know they are frequent enough (even if we do have to squeeze our way on :grouphug: )

Hang on a minute....haven't you just come back! :rotfl:

Not that anyone is counting, or wishing they were going themselves!!

Technically this is just a little break so we can see the Spring Event, so it doesn't count.... right? :rotfl: Besides, we needed something to get us through till November!! That's AAAAAGES away! :sad2:

Brilliant news! We went early June last year.....it was very warm weather. The spring festival looks like it is going to be very beautiful! Looking forward to reading all about it and seeing your lovely photos ;-)

Fantastic - I cannot wait!!!! Do you remember what time the parks were open until in June when you went? I wondered if it would be later so we could make the most of our two nights. :goodvibes

I think the parks open til at least 10pm because that's what it says for May anyway! DC is lovely. L'Occitane toiletries and everything. Hope you have a ball :)

I think the parks open til at least 10pm because that's what it says for May anyway! DC is lovely. L'Occitane toiletries and everything. Hope you have a ball :)

Ooooo I forgot about the toiletries. They are GORGEOUS!! Still have them in my travel bag ;) - they are my favourite!!

C x

cdsmiler81 said:
Ooooo I forgot about the toiletries. They are GORGEOUS!! Still have them in my travel bag ;) - they are my favourite!!

C x

That hand cream is amazing - i got lemon verbana. Heavenly! Much nicer then DLPs h2o IMO.

That hand cream is amazing - i got lemon verbana. Heavenly! Much nicer then DLPs h2o IMO.

yes, i still have my little tube of Lemon verbena handcream from the Dream Castle too :)

Adam by mid-June (we were there 10th-13th June in 2012, also at the Dream Castle) the main park will be open until 11pm every night, just like summer.

rottie155 said:
Fantastic - I cannot wait!!!! Do you remember what time the parks were open until in June when you went? I wondered if it would be later so we could make the most of our two nights. :goodvibes

11pm I was dead on my feet after 5 days of emh and Late night's!!!! But so loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter