A week at the Poly 12/5-12/12

randbmom

Science Teacher and Cast Member wannabe
I finally have a minute to post this! We had a spectacular week at WDW. I got a lagoon room view at Poly in Tahiti, just as I had requested. WHat a treat to watch the fireworks from the room; especially those at the MVMCP at 10 PM which just fill the sky across the lagoon.
I didn't find the construction bothersome at all, but we were staying on the other side of the resort. We really had it timed to watch the ferryboat approach TTC and be able to walk over from Tahiti in time to board.
Some great meals at California Grill, Brown Derby, Kona Cafe and CHef Mickey's.
We pool hopped to Stormalong Bay and loved it.
THis was my first trip with a one year old, and i have to say I can't imagine going back until he's four. My parents were along in a connecting room so DH and I did get to go to Epcot at night with almost six year old DS and I saw how great it was to travel without a stroller in WDW. I'd almost forgotten what that was like.
THe crowds were very manageable, but we are early risers and took advantage of EE every day. We hit MK on three EE mornings, and left to go back for a swim/ nap by 11am every day. We never waited more than 15 minutes in any line, and only had to use fastpass twice in the entire trip. I love the first week in December at Disney. After freezing the first night at the Luau temperatures went way up. We all ran out of t shirts and shorts and took home lots of clean jeans and long sleeved shirts.
I wouldn't do the Luau again, too much money for what you get. I did utilize Kindercare for inroom sitting for the baby and DS went to Neverland Club two nights. Both were very positive experiences.
I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Kathleen :)

RandBmom
Poly 2000
CBR 1999
CBR 1998
off site 1994
off site 1978

Thanks for telling us about Kindercare. I know lots of people wonder how that service really is. I'm glad you had a good experience with them and the Neverland Club. Thanks for posting!

snugxmas.jpg
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

It sounds like you had a beautiful room at the Poly. :)

We took our kids to the Sanddollar Club at the Beach Club and they loved it. They were begging to go back again. I too, would recommend the babysitting services to anyone. :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Kathleen. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=4> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" >Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter