"A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" Tour

tlynk

DIS Veteran
Hello, I'm heading to DLR in a few days and I'm considering doing the "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" Tour. Has anyone done this and is it worth it for a Disney Veteran? I want to try something new this trip. Thank you in advance! :)

Doesn't help you, but we've decided to do it over our trip. I'd love a review from you after you've come back :)

I think you will really like it since you are a Disney fan. The tour gives the history of Walt's park & what he wanted it to be like. You'll get to go on some attractions, see the lobby of Club 33, eat lunch, & get a special pin. It's a lot of fun & I highly recommend it. :thumbsup2

Yeah its good. I'd give it a four out of five stars. I knew alot of the information already but some of my favorite things without giving away too much:

1. You get to walk into the Club 33 lobby like someone else already said, they also let you take pictures of loved ones going with you in the elevator of Club 33.

2. You get to go into Tiki Room and stay after the performance to see a special artifact

3. You get to hear Walt's voice and his vision as you walk around the park.

4. If possible you get to ride the Lilly Belle

5. My favorite moment was at the end when you get to hear a special moment about Walt's favorite song and other stuff.

We finally got our pin a few months ago and we did the tour last June.

DH and I loved it! completely worth it, and I think it is even better to appreciate it from a Disney fan's perspective! :thumbsup2

We did this a few years ago and it was great. They tour guide who did our tour was actually a Disney executive who had worked in virtually every aspect of the park -- food service, housekeeping, ride operations, etc, but had never worked in Guest Relations. So we were his very first -- possibly ONLY -- tour. It was very touching at lunch because they gave him his official tour guide pin, and talked about how he was up at 5 am that morning walking around the park, practicing his spiel, wanted to do it just right.

It was really weird, though...there was this woman on the tour, dressed in khaki shorts and a safari hat, and she was video taping the whole thing. She kept asking him the most bizarre, outrageous questions, like "Is it true that Walt's body is cryogenically frozen and in a vault under the Haunted Mansion?" The stranger her questions were, the more surprised he looked, but he did his best to answer her and didn't lose his cool.

Turned out the crazy lady was his wife -- she went on the tour just to heckle and tease him :laughing:

I did it and absolutely LOVED it! I'd recommend it to anyone, especially if you're a Disney veteran. It's so nostalgic. I need to check my journal and then I'll post a review. Give me a bit...

I can't find my journal but I was given a headset and the guide spoke to us through it so we could hear her well especially around crowds. There are recorded segments of things that Walt said and while we walked from one place to another, music from the period was played. We learned a lot of history of Walt's vision and how attractions came about. We went on the Jungle Cruise and the Enchanted Tiki Room. We got to stay longer in the Tiki room for fun historical facts. We got to step inside the entrance of Club 33.

It's a lot of walking and not a whole lot of going on rides. It was about three hours but we got lunch included as well as a specialty pin. I was slightly sick and had a low grade fever but it was very worth it in my opinion.

We did this a few years ago and it was great. They tour guide who did our tour was actually a Disney executive who had worked in virtually every aspect of the park -- food service, housekeeping, ride operations, etc, but had never worked in Guest Relations. So we were his very first -- possibly ONLY -- tour. It was very touching at lunch because they gave him his official tour guide pin, and talked about how he was up at 5 am that morning walking around the park, practicing his spiel, wanted to do it just right.

It was really weird, though...there was this woman on the tour, dressed in khaki shorts and a safari hat, and she was video taping the whole thing. She kept asking him the most bizarre, outrageous questions, like "Is it true that Walt's body is cryogenically frozen and in a vault under the Haunted Mansion?" The stranger her questions were, the more surprised he looked, but he did his best to answer her and didn't lose his cool.

Turned out the crazy lady was his wife -- she went on the tour just to heckle and tease him :laughing:

Hahahaha too funny!!!!!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thank you for all your input! :) If I can convince DH to do the tour- I will definitely post my review next week. Thank you again!:wizard:

I was doing a search online for A Walk In Walt's Footsteps Tour and came upon your thread. Thank you all so much, I am really enjoying reading experiences from everyone. :goodvibes

We are planning a trip for April. Yeah...I know, not far off...I got to get going. :rolleyes1 My idea is a special trip for the 55 anniveresary of Disneyland this year. *My DH met Walt Disney when he was a child. Has a picture of himself with his twin and older brother with Walt sitting talking to them with his arms around the three little boys.* :lovestruc What could be more perfect then The Walk with Walt tour?

We usually go to WDW and haven't been to Disneyland in over 6 years. When I read about all the items being sold at DL for the anniversary I knew we needed a trip. Anyone have any suggestions of not to missed attractions or meals?

Tlynk, Wishing you a wonderful trip with a ton of pixie dust. I look forward to your review when you return.

Angel16

:laughing: Love that story!

And thanks to everyone who posted here! Makes me so excited for our tour! :woohoo:

we go to WDW one year and DL the next, last time we did walk in Walts footsteps and would do it again WE LOVED IT.

For all of you that have done this tour would it be appropriate for a 5 year old, or would they be bored? We've been to DL many times but have never done a tour.

There is a lot of walking and standing. I think that the average 5 year-old would find it a bit dull. There is a lot of witty humor that might escape that age group, and just standing around looking at things and hearing about history. There is a tour that is for families, a kind of a scavenger hunt. That might be more fun! :goodvibes

Yeah its good. I'd give it a four out of five stars. I knew alot of the information already but some of my favorite things without giving away too much:

1. You get to walk into the Club 33 lobby like someone else already said, they also let you take pictures of loved ones going with you in the elevator of Club 33.

2. You get to go into Tiki Room and stay after the performance to see a special artifact

3. You get to hear Walt's voice and his vision as you walk around the park.

4. If possible you get to ride the Lilly Belle

5. My favorite moment was at the end when you get to hear a special moment about Walt's favorite song and other stuff.

We finally got our pin a few months ago and we did the tour last June.

I took this tour last Friday and it was excellent. We did everything listed above, then had lunch (picnic style) which consisted of sandwiches, chips or fruit, 2 chocolate chip cookies and a soda. We received our commemorative pin during lunch at the end of our tour. I learned many secrets and tips regarding Disneyland, but can't share them or I'd ruin the experience for others interested in the tour. If you have the extra time- DO IT! :lovestruc

I took this tour last Friday and it was excellent. We did everything listed above, then had lunch (picnic style) which consisted of sandwiches, chips or fruit, 2 chocolate chip cookies and a soda. We received our commemorative pin during lunch at the end of our tour. I learned many secrets and tips regarding Disneyland, but can't share them or I'd ruin the experience for others interested in the tour. If you have the extra time- DO IT! :lovestruc

Hi
Do you remember if there was a veggie choice for the sandwiches?

Hi
Do you remember if there was a veggie choice for the sandwiches?

There was a veggie, ham and cheese, turkey and cheese, and I believe roast beef and cheese. They didn't offer chili like they did in the past though.

Hey y'all - I've gone to Disneyland twice, but both times were before DCA was open. Last time was 10 years ago. We will have 3 full days in DLR and possibly one extra late afternoon/evening. I've been to WDW 12 times since 2004 and done the Keys to the Kingdom tour twice and loved it. So here's a couple questions:

Would the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour be interesting or repetitive to somebody who's done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? And would you recommend spending a morning doing a tour when we only have (for sure) 3 days to split between the 2 parks. Oh, and bonus question -- how many tissues would I need because of hearing Walt's voice? ;)

That is HILARIOUS!!!! I can't stop laughing about it!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter