• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Very Lurkyloo Christmas is FINISHED! New 3/16: Last Day of the Trip!

Carrie Happy Belated Birthday! I can't believe I didn't get on to wish it to you sooner! I hope you had a great time in Disneyland.

Your December trip is coming up fast! Any last minute plans?

That's a fun tote - good idea! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and I look forward to seeing how you enjoy VGC!

Thank you so much! I can't wait to post pix of VGC - it was fun!

Carrie I hope all is ok with your dad. :flower3: Have a wonderful time in Disney next week and a very Happy Thanksgiving and Birthday to you!!!

Cute bag!

Thank you! I loooove that bag - it's huge!

Not Melanie and boy, am I late to the party, but we LOVE the Hilton Head resort, as well as Hilton Head. The whole island is very well done. Don't forget to get a Salty Dog Cafe t-shirt - it's a must!

Have a great trip!

Thanks! We did! :teeth:

Wow November has almost been and gone Hope things are ok with your family and have a very

Hope you have time for everything, sounds like you have loads going on - I'm just about finished with all our Christmas gifts and have started to get some nice food :thumbsup2 puting the tree up next weekend :santa:

Happy Thanksgiving :goodvibes do they do anything special at DTD?

Thank you! Let's see...There's a big spendy buffet at the Disneyland Hotel, and some of the other Disneyland resorts and restaurants do special Thanksgiving meals, but it's waaaay disorganized - there are no menus published and you kinda have to call every restaurant to see what they're doing. We had a ressie for Catal on Downtown Disney but decided to save the $35/person and split a Monte Cristo sandwich at Cafe Orleans instead! :thumbsup2

Did you say Club 33????
I am so excited to hear all about that....closest I have been is the lobby on the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour.
Have a marvelous birthday Carrie!!!!
You have so much fun stuff coming up & I am happy that I get to live it all with you in your trippies.

You are so sweet! Yes - Club 33 was fun, and I'm dying to do a mini trippie. I just don't think I'll have time before I leave for my big trip...! Maybe afterward? :confused3

I hope everything's okay with your fam.

Club 33 -- that is so cool! Pretty please come back and share pictures with us:flower3:!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I won't forget! If nothing else, I'll post pix, but I wanna do a writeup too. We'll see if I can grab a moment before we leave for WDW.

Hope everything's alright Carrie. I'm so jealous that you get to eat at Club 33, what a great birthday! Have a great Thanksgiving and see you in a couple of weeks!

Thanks! I can't wait to meet you at your dessert party - it will be my first time as a legitimate guest at one! :rotfl:

You're doing the 33 @ 33?! Fantastic! I am so excited for you and wish I could be there, too! Let me know what goodies they have there (if there's anything really special, I may have to try to get in there myself).

Can't wait to hear all about your trip (and read the reports when you finish them).

Lastly, lots of love to your Dad! Sending positive thoughts your way. Hope to see you soon!

Thanks so much! I can't wait to write the reports, though I can give you a sneak peek and say that there were no goodies special enough to warrant another $$$ trip for you. :thumbsup2

I LOL'd at the happy November 26 comment. I sometimes forget that Turkey Day is just an American thing. Can't wait to hear about you trips! pixiedust:And some pixie dust for your Dad.pixiedust:

Thanks for the pixie dust - I think it's working! :goodvibes

I haven't been on in awhile, busy busy you know. I hope all goes well with your dad.
It sounds like you will have an amazing birthday/thanksgiving!
Thanks for the pictures of IASW. When I was little it was my favorite ride and I had to ride it first everytime we went. I am so curious to see what they have added and excited too. I also loved the Fanstasmic pics. I personally like the DL one better then the WDW one. But I LOVE Peter Pan.
I will take your advice and get a picture with any Disney brides we see. I know I would have loved it if it were me.
Still trying to decide on the Dis party.....

We took more pix of ISAW, this time with Christmas decorations! I'll be sure to post them - it just might be later in the month.

I have that same tote! So cute!

Happy Birthday to you Carrie! 33 is a great year :goodvibes!

And best wishes to you and yours for a Happy Thanksgiving!

Debbie

Aw, thanks so much! We had a geat Thanksgiving, and I'm now prepared to have a great 33rd year! :cloud9:

The tote is so cute!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday!!!!

Thank you! :wave2:

I love that tote and Happy Birthday!!

Thanks! :cutie:

I don't know if you have seen this or not, but Bill and I loved it:

The Muppets: Bohemian Rhapsody

Patrick and I watched it - HIGH-larious! We love how they used the lesser-known characters...

Loved the Tweets from Club 33 Carrie! Happy (belated) Birthday! :cheer2:

Thank you! And thanks for following along.

Happy Birthday, Carrie!! :flower3: I hope you two are having a great time at Disneyland! I'm loving the live photo tour on Twitter! Thanks for taking us along with you. (You should be Tour Guide Barbie next Halloween ;) )

OK, this is an awesome idea! I only ever dress up if I can get a really cool idea for a costume, and I will definitely see if I can do this one (better go on a diet, like, now if I want Barbie's waistline!)

I can't wait for to read your review of Club 33. I love the history, the ambiance, and of course the location, but the food has always been very underwhelming to me.

EXACTLY! You've summed up my thoughts exactly! It breaks my heart to pay that much for a mediocre meal, but the Disney geek in me keeps me coming back to Club 33 for the atmosphere.:rolleyes:

Carrie Happy Belated Birthday! I can't believe I didn't get on to wish it to you sooner! I hope you had a great time in Disneyland.

Your December trip is coming up fast! Any last minute plans?

Thank you so much! And YOUR trip is coming up soon too!

Now about those last-minute plans...

So yesterday was the first time in weeks I had any time to work on our trip, and I think I got a decent amount accomplished.

In trying to beat my $150 car rental, I found one for $140 at Alamo and one for $130 through Priceline. I jumped at the Priceline one without realizing that one of the possible car companies you could get is Hertz - the only one (except for... L&M I think?) that isn't onsite at MCO. And, sure enough, that's the company I got - d'oh! :headache:

This is going to make it even harder to get to BeatlesBlonde's dessert party at 8pm because we have to wait for and then ride the shuttle to get the car, and I can't just nip downstairs to pick up the car while DH gets the luggage (our usual drill with Alamo). I was SO upset when I found out, but the people on the Transportation Board are making me feel better by saying they never have to wait long for the shuttle. I just feel like an idiot for leaping to save a lousy 10 bucks and getting a whole lot of hassle in the bargain. :sad2:

In other news, I got our Sunshine Rewards cashout and transferred our Disney Visa Rewards, and I re-checked the park hours and found some of the EMH nights are longer. So now we have a later ressie at Jiko so we can stay in Animal Kingdom at night longer.

I checked us in for our BoardWalk and Beach Club ressies - tomorrow I can check us in for BLT.

I also checked all our other ADRs and entered them in my PassPorter interactive ADR page, which I can read as a PDF on my iPhone through Gmail. Oh! And I painstakingly entered all our plans in TripIt, since Disney's emails can't be forwarded to them for automatic population of itineraries. :headache:

But the coolest thing is that the DIS' very own iPhone app, E-Ticket, is being released the day before we leave! This baby has everything that Disney's stoopid Verizon-only app has and MORE! Basically (blasphemy ahead) it's like a PassPorter for your iPhone. In addition to GPS park maps that tell you where everything is with descriptions and reviews, there are places to enter your hotel info and daily itinerary, plus extras like a DVC points calculator (for when we go on our nth tour and need to see just how unaffordable DVC will be for us!).

You can check out a video demo of all the features here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3lbxshf9g

Although it says the app is available now, it doesn't come out til the 7th.

OK, that's all I can think of for now. If I have a chance, I will post pix of all the cool Disney stuff we've done lately, including the Walt Disney Family Museum, Disneyland at Thanksgiving, Club 33, and the Princess & The Frog screening at the Walt Disney Studios lot!

Aw man - just found out they've replaced Vanessa Williams with Kirk Cameron as Candlelight Processional narrator on the night we're going. Dunno how I feel about that....

How should I feel about that, everyone? :teeth:

I would personally prefer Vanessa Williams, but I think Kirk Cameron would be good too. It's too bad that the D23 event was the one that got changed.

OMG! I didn't even finish watching the eticket video, but I know I must have it. I need to update the software for my phone ASAP! (yes I know, I should have done that months ago!)

Thank you so much! And YOUR trip is coming up soon too!

Now about those last-minute plans...

I know I can't wait!! In 6 days we leave and 11 to the wedding! :banana::banana:

Sounds like you are already for your trip! I would actually prefer Kirk Cameron over Vanessa Willimas because I had such a HUGE crush on him when I was a kid :lmao: Heck he is still cute, just older :) Sorry about the rental thought that stinks. I suppose you could look to change it back if you really don't want to deal with the hassel of offsite :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see pics off all the Disney places you have gone!

Aw man - just found out they've replaced Vanessa Williams with Kirk Cameron as Candlelight Processional narrator on the night we're going. Dunno how I feel about that....

you should feel scared! he may try to turn you onto scientology! he's a freak.

Love you and have so so sooooo much fun!

I would actually prefer Kirk Cameron to Vanessa Williams---not for any particular reason, just would. I think Vanessa Williams would have been great, but I'm sure he'll do a good job too.

As an aside, I've been reading reports of people who have been to the Candlelight Processional already this year and it sounds like the showings have been pretty easy to get into without a package and that a portion of the theater has been empty for a lot of the shows. With any luck, I'll still get to see it without the package. :santa:

We've only got 9 days left until we leave and I'm majorly feeling the crunch to get everything done. Gotta go to Target today to pick up some last minute things I forgot to buy up until now---gotta double check my camera gear and have to clean the WHOLE house since we have a sitter coming over :faint:

In case you don't pop on before you leave, have a great trip and hopefully we'll bump into eachother over a piece of Boardwalk Bakery peanut butter chocolate cake!! :hyper:

I'll be "tweeting" from the World and probably stalking your twitter account---so chances are, I'll prob see ya around somewhere. I think we'll both be at MVMCP on the 15th so I'll keep an eye out. :santa:

Ann

You've been a busy lady! I think I'd prefer Kirk Cameron just because he's a throwback to my tween years. Can't wait to hear about all your recent adventures and your trip.

Carrie -

I totally missed out on reading your PTR, but I just want you to know that I am sooooooo looking forward to reading your TR when you get home. Have an awesome trip! Happy Travels!

Ugh. Life got in the way of TR reading lately, but I remembered that you should be heading out soon and got over here to catch up!

But the coolest thing is that the DIS' very own iPhone app, E-Ticket, is being released the day before we leave!
Say WHAT?! I've been crying about the lack of DIS app for a while and no one alerted me to this! I'll definitely check it out.

:scared::scared::scared::scared:

Oh, and :scared:

I think Vanessa Williams and Kirk Cameron would both be good (although I think I prefer Kirk. Have you ever seen Kirk's Christian specials on the Trinity Something or the other channel? He's a very passionate speaker.). I think anything's better than Eartha Kitt (God rest her soul), who we had one year. It was like a mixture of sexy/drunk/old lady voice. Really it's just about who's voice you prefer as they stand behind a podium and, one year, we were so far away (and I didn't have my glasses on so that might've helped) that I could barely see the guy (Elaine's boss from Seinfeld). So that's how you should feel about it :snooty:

Is the Hertz car rental at the rental company technically on WDW property (beside the Hess gas station)? We picked up a car from there and it was super fast (although they were out of compact cars so we got a sweet mini-van).

Look at all of the fun Disney stuff you've been doing! I'm so jealous and can't wait to see pictures of all of it!! :goodvibes Oh, and I thought I posted earlier but Happy Belated Birthday!! :yay::yay:

Those Iphone apps look so cool.

I so can'T wait to be able to buy one. But my future move to Orlando is #1 on my list.

Hummm, I wonder if there are any available appartments/condos in celebration.

I know, I'm a bad DISbuddy. I swear I've been busy with my own Disney stuff!

I want to wish you a very belated 'Happy Birthday!' And that tote is very nice.

That app is awesome. It is just perfect for you and a few thousand other Disney peeps.

I leave on Sunday. I hope you have a great trip. I know I will!!!

I've totally gone MIA from your PTR, but I'm so excited for your trip! We're leaving in 8 days!!!!

Congrats on the 5 day dance! Looking forward to hearing how it all turns out. (I'm sure it will be AWESOME!)

WOW! 5 Days! I am so jealous. I wish I was only 5 days away!! I just can't wait for you to get back so I can read your TR!!!! :cool1:

I think Vanessa Williams and Kirk Cameron would both be good (although I think I prefer Kirk. Have you ever seen Kirk's Christian specials on the Trinity Something or the other channel? He's a very passionate speaker.). I think anything's better than Eartha Kitt (God rest her soul), who we had one year. It was like a mixture of sexy/drunk/old lady voice. Really it's just about who's voice you prefer as they stand behind a podium and, one year, we were so far away (and I didn't have my glasses on so that might've helped) that I could barely see the guy (Elaine's boss from Seinfeld). So that's how you should feel about it :snooty:

Is the Hertz car rental at the rental company technically on WDW property (beside the Hess gas station)? We picked up a car from there and it was super fast (although they were out of compact cars so we got a sweet mini-van).

Look at all of the fun Disney stuff you've been doing! I'm so jealous and can't wait to see pictures of all of it!! :goodvibes Oh, and I thought I posted earlier but Happy Belated Birthday!! :yay::yay:

I agree about Kirk Cameron. I haven't seen him speak, but I think his movie, "Fireproof" was very powerful - every married couple should watch it just for a reminder to be "fireproof."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter