A US Disney Mom and Son~ to Paris we go! (with your help, of course!)

We're at DLP right now, from Oklahoma with much experience at DLR in California. Though we only stayed in London 1 night, chalk up another vote for covering both -- we flew into London (via Chicago), had a great time touring the sites of London (even though the time was short, we saw a lot), and stayed at a hotel directly across from St Pancras station in London - the 10:15 direct train from there to DLP meant it was a very easy morning to wake, enjoy breakfast, and stroll to the station for the easy trip (under 3 hours, though it seemed even quicker) straight into Disney Village, then an easy stroll through the Village to our hotel. When finished with three days here at DLP, we'll head into Paris proper for another 3 days before flying home from Paris Orly. We are each traveling with one large (29") wheeled suitcase, plus one 21" carry-on approved bag and finding no problems with being packed for a total of 9 days with the one large case each, and they are very easy to handle -- probably easy enough for even the 6 year old to roll along, but also not too bad for one person to handle 2 of them! Best of luck to you, but know that we are finding it very easy and a wonderful experience as a change of pace from California (even though we LOVE California and our home away from home at Grand Californian ;))! Though we are just mid-trip right now, I can say we are very pleased we opted to make this journey this year :thumbsup2

Did you do your own planning or use a company to help? I love your layout. Fly into London~ stay across from the station! Brilliant! I think we would spend more time at DLP though and hop into Paris for a day from there. I would really love to pick your brain when you get back. Thank you!!

Which hotel did you stay into that was right across the st. Pacras station? I am asking for future planning :)

We stayed at the Premier Inn, and to be completely accurate, it was actually directly across (beside) from Kings Cross station, which is then directly next door to St Pancras; but close enough for us to consider it right next to!

And it occurs to me as I read my earlier post that I should be clear for anyone who might be reading in the future -- there are 4 in my family -- when I said we each traveled with a 29" wheeled suitcase "and one 21" carry-on approved bag" -- what I mean is each one had the big suitcase, and we SHARED ONE carry-on. So the 4 of us traveled with 4 large suitcases plus ONE carry-on.

And Disney Lvr of Old -- we did our own planning...a bit intimidating at first thought, but we had no problem and I'm very happy with what we've done so far. And, to be perfectly honest, we would probably have preferred more time at Disney and less in Paris, but an aunt and grandma flew from Dallas directly to PARIS, but didn't care to come to Disney (crazy!), so, to keep peace in the family, we split time more evenly than we probably would have otherwise since we'd already ditched them to start our trip in London!! You need only to look at my signature to see what Disney lovers we are! And I love your sig, as I, too remember the back gate entrance to CA from Paradise Pier, and I LOVED Mulholland Drive!! Of course, I also remember when Radio Disney had a small studio in that glassed area sort of on the backside of Tomorrowland Stage and, to this day, I swear I miss the People Mover!!!!

Wow I couldn't have written this post any better! I am thinking of going with my DS who at the point of going (Oct 14?) will be 6yo too!

How long are you going for? I'm thinking of a week but wondering if we will get bored as we are used to going to WDW.

An added question I have is, we have DVC and I am wondering if people think it is worth the use of points or just pay cash?

I am signed up for specials/emails and haven't gotten anything in a bit but reading along the DLP threads someone mentioned a current special that sounded like 50% off? Really? Anyone know more?

One week only for DLP is to much. 4 days would be perfect. But if you want to go to Paris or London then one week is OK.

Wow I couldn't have written this post any better! I am thinking of going with my DS who at the point of going (Oct 14?) will be 6yo too!

How long are you going for? I'm thinking of a week but wondering if we will get bored as we are used to going to WDW.

An added question I have is, we have DVC and I am wondering if people think it is worth the use of points or just pay cash?

I am signed up for specials/emails and haven't gotten anything in a bit but reading along the DLP threads someone mentioned a current special that sounded like 50% off? Really? Anyone know more?

I've noticed when looking at dates through the UK site they are offering kids under 7 stay and play for free ~ so that's what makes it seem reasonable to me. I paid almost as much to stay at PPH for a week in September. I honestly don't know if it gets any cheaper which is part of the reason I'm worried about booking myself!

I have decided on September- early October. I didn't really want to do Halloween again but it sounds lower season than May. I am doing 10 days probably. 2 in London, then 8 in DLP. We spent 8 days at DL and DCA and still had stuff left on our to do list. With a 5yo you have to move at a slow pace. So I'd rather go slow and soak it in than do a whirlwind tour. We will also hop into Paris for the day to sightsee. Have to make it look educational so his school doesn't get cranky. ;)

Don't use your DVC points for DLP, it's much cheaper to pay cash.

All the lastest UK offers can be found here. You can also book on the other DLP country sites as they have good offers too. There is a very good 2 Nights, 2 Days free offer running on the UK site at the moment.

One week only for DLP is to much. 4 days would be perfect. But if you want to go to Paris or London then one week is OK.

Even with having never been there? We have only been going to WDW since Feb 12 (for a total of about 48 days) and we still haven't seen everything there! I realize it is far bigger than DLP but I know we wouldn't get back any time soon being from the States.

I've noticed when looking at dates through the UK site they are offering kids under 7 stay and play for free ~ so that's what makes it seem reasonable to me. I paid almost as much to stay at PPH for a week in September. I honestly don't know if it gets any cheaper which is part of the reason I'm worried about booking myself! I have decided on September- early October. I didn't really want to do Halloween again but it sounds lower season than May. I am doing 10 days probably. 2 in London, then 8 in DLP. We spent 8 days at DL and DCA and still had stuff left on our to do list. With a 5yo you have to move at a slow pace. So I'd rather go slow and soak it in than do a whirlwind tour. We will also hop into Paris for the day to sightsee. Have to make it look educational so his school doesn't get cranky. ;)

Haha yes my son will have just started 1st grade (in a new school) and I can just picture the schools we are choosing to enroll him in, they may be a little stuffy about a vacation haha. This last trip to WDW I made a little journal for him to fill out. A sentence or 2 to write and a picture to draw going along with it. Had it bound at Staples and it is a great souvenir now, too. Now you have me thinking about making our trip even longer (would LOVE to do a Disney adventure trip but I don't see that working out with my schedule!).

Don't use your DVC points for DLP, it's much cheaper to pay cash. All the lastest UK offers can be found here. You can also book on the other DLP country sites as they have good offers too. There is a very good 2 Nights, 2 Days free offer running on the UK site at the moment.

Thanks that was what I was thinking unless we went with the cheapest resort. I noticed the special on the UK site as well. A couple of questions there. Do you have to pay upfront the full cost? I think I read you can call and just put some down? Also it looks as though kids 7 and under get a park ticket but does the price online include adult tickets? I cannot tell. Are there discounts for DVC paying cash by chance?

I've noticed when looking at dates through the UK site they are offering kids under 7 stay and play for free ~ so that's what makes it seem reasonable to me. I paid almost as much to stay at PPH for a week in September. I honestly don't know if it gets any cheaper which is part of the reason I'm worried about booking myself!

I have decided on September- early October. I didn't really want to do Halloween again but it sounds lower season than May. I am doing 10 days probably. 2 in London, then 8 in DLP. We spent 8 days at DL and DCA and still had stuff left on our to do list. With a 5yo you have to move at a slow pace. So I'd rather go slow and soak it in than do a whirlwind tour. We will also hop into Paris for the day to sightsee. Have to make it look educational so his school doesn't get cranky. ;)

even with just 4 nights/5 days at DLP, you won't be doing anything whirlwind-like, especially if your days are midweek and outside of French/UK/European school holidays (as much of September and early October usually are). You will be able to totally relax and take everything in, with a 5-year old, in that timeframe at DLP. Especially if you plan a little and source whats there and what you'd like to do/see while you are there :).

Thanks that was what I was thinking unless we went with the cheapest resort. I noticed the special on the UK site as well. A couple of questions there. Do you have to pay upfront the full cost? I think I read you can call and just put some down? Also it looks as though kids 7 and under get a park ticket but does the price online include adult tickets? I cannot tell. Are there discounts for DVC paying cash by chance?

You have to pay the full amount on the DLP site or call them and pay a 15% deposit with the balance to be paid 60 days before arrival.

You can also book with the Walt Disney Travel Company where you can pay a deposit also. But some times they do not have all the offers the DLP site has.

All the packages booked will include park tickets for both adults and children.

Can I call the Walt Disney Company and ask for the UK deal? Or do I have to call the UK call center to get it? And I know it's a percentage down~ can you pay on it monthly or lump sum at the 60 day mark?

And I'm guessing the kids under 7 stay and play free is the best deal they have to offer, right? Or is there another I should wait for?

Thank you all as always!!!!:thumbsup2

Can I call the Walt Disney Company and ask for the UK deal? Or do I have to call the UK call center to get it? And I know it's a percentage down~ can you pay on it monthly or lump sum at the 60 day mark?

And I'm guessing the kids under 7 stay and play free is the best deal they have to offer, right? Or is there another I should wait for?

Thank you all as always!!!!:thumbsup2

Best to call the UK or Paris call center for the offers. Yes you can call them and pay off a bit each month or just wait until the 60 day mark and they will debit it off your payment card then.

DLP are always starting new offers, 2 nights, 2 days free, or 15% off with free half board meal vouchers, etc. Some times they will launch a 24 hour 50% off flash sale.

Keep an eye out on these boards as when new offers are launched around Europe they normaly get mentioned on here as soon as one of us finds them.

Also look on the other website DLP have around Europe as sometimes a Country will have their own special offers.

Hi :thumbsup2 We have stayed in the hotel New York twice we once got upgraded to Empire State club It was fab. lovely quite breakfast room and Mickey and Minnie came round to see us everyday :goodvibes. We are staying golden forest at the SL next march hope it's similar :). I do love the cheyenne who doesn't love a cowboy !!. If I where you I would consider flying into London having a few days there then Eurostar to Paris, then on to DLP. We have to two 5 year old boys they have been to london quite a few times they love it. The tube is very easy to use. You could maybe see a show when you are there if it a one off trip. My boys love a west end show the lion king on at the min as well as Matilda and Charlie and the chocolate factory. Xx
Hello. I have two girls, 10 and 7. Trying to choose between Mathilda and Charlie. They loved lion king. Either show head and shoulders above the other? I am interested in both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter