A Trip Report

DISNEYSQUIRRELS

DIS Veteran
Hi Disers! :wave2:

Our January trip is now part of our vacation memories & I'm here to share the details!

When did we go? January 9th-16th

Who came along? My mom (70), Me (45), my DS (26), his DGf (24) & my DD (15)

Why did we go? Because we LOVE Disney & to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday! :bday:

How did we get there? We flew Frontier Airlines & I was a nervous! We had never used them before & I read some very mixed reviews. We had no issues. I would say that the staff that they had at the airport counter is not the most polished (think of a cast member from the Jersey Shore eating/chewing while checking you in & taking your bag) but it was all fine.
Magical Express works like a charm!

Where did we stay? Pop Century & we really loved it! We had 2 rooms, my son & his DGF were in the 70's section & had a renovated room. My mom, daughter & I were in the 60's section & had the original room style. Initially I was disappointed that we had the unrefurbished room, but it was all good. We really liked the location of our room, it was super convenient.

We opted out of housekeeping & each room got a $60 gift card that we used towards going to see the Hoop-Dee-Doo. We loved this option.

Instacart- I used it to order groceries from Public & LOVED it! We ordered a couple of days before leaving home. I ordered breakfast foods, snacks & drinks. I spent about $55 plus tip after the $10 credit applied as a new customer. My shopper was literally texting me as the plane landed letting me know he was shopping, asked about switching a brand of cookies & French onion dip. So simple to approve those changes & everything was delivered straight to our room before we got there.

Miles walked: 52.4 (I usually do the .4 on any given day, lol!)

Biggest Dining Surprise-Counter Service: Satu'li Canteen. The food was very fresh, tasty & reasonably priced for Disney.

Biggest Dining Surprise-Table Service: Ale & Compass at Yacht Club Resort. The food was yummy, especially the Parker House rolls with the 3 spreads & the lobster corn chowder.

Biggest Dining Failure: Raglan Road. We arrived here with no reservation, but were seated within about 15 minutes, so that was good. The music & dancing were great. The kitchen was having problems & our food took about an hour to come out. We had our waiter & the manager apologizing. Unfortunately when we got the food it was cold & unappealing, so we opted to refuse it & left.

Meltdowns: One - we went to dinner at Morimoto & my DS & his DGF were very unsure of the menu. My mom & I had been before and the food was awesome. My son didn't want us spending a small fortune on food he was unsure of, so we decided to leave after a lot of back & forth conversation. Everyone's nerves were taxed after a long day in the parks & we were hangry! My son & his girl went to Blaze Pizza, my mom & I returned to our hotel room & had cereal that night! I can laugh about it now!

We had an awesome time, it goes by so fast. I am amazed by how busy the parks were the entire time. We have been going to Disney yearly (give or take) for 25 years & found the crowds just as heavy as the summer & holiday times. At least the heat & humidity were not an issue. The waits for some of the rides were long. Figment, for example, I have always thought of that as a walk on ride- well we waited an hour for it this trip.

Can't wait for our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter