A Trip 20 Years in the Making: Going Back to WDW, September 2023

YakAndYeti

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I have been waiting for a long time to be able to say this, but it's finally happening! Next month me and my family will be taking a trip to Walt Disney World! For me. it's the first time I've visited in twenty years (I was five the last time and don't remember much), and for the other two members in my party, this will be their first ever time visiting WDW! This is all I have been talking about basically my whole entire life, and it feels almost surreal that I'm finally going to be making this happen! I'll be posting trip reports of my time in the parks and I hope they help others as so many others have done for me in the past! September can't come soon enough! If anyone has any tips or tricks, or recomendations of unique things to do on our trip then please don't hesitate to let me know!

Congratulations on your upcoming trip!

My wife and I last went 18 years ago, and are finally getting back there - with our 6yo daughter this time!

Hope you have a great trip. You might want to post any specific interests you have, so people can provide better targeted recommendations.

We’re planning for a day in AK and HS, and two days in EPCOT and MK. We’ll have a couple of resort/waterpark days planned, so we get a break in between park visits. Rest time is probably less important for a 25 year old, but critical for us closer to retirement age, and for the little one.

If you haven’t already, you may be too late to make dining reservations for any “must do” restaurants, but you might want to see if there are any you want to do and either stalk them now, or check for new reservations the day before/day of, since lots of people cancel their ADRs.

Have fun!

Congratulations on your upcoming trip!

My wife and I last went 18 years ago, and are finally getting back there - with our 6yo daughter this time!

Hope you have a great trip. You might want to post any specific interests you have, so people can provide better targeted recommendations.

We’re planning for a day in AK and HS, and two days in EPCOT and MK. We’ll have a couple of resort/waterpark days planned, so we get a break in between park visits. Rest time is probably less important for a 25 year old, but critical for us closer to retirement age, and for the little one.

If you haven’t already, you may be too late to make dining reservations for any “must do” restaurants, but you might want to see if there are any you want to do and either stalk them now, or check for new reservations the day before/day of, since lots of people cancel their ADRs.

Have fun!
Thank you for replying! Two of us are big on the thrills and the other not so much, so we're down to do pretty much every ride between us in some capacity! We only have two restaurants booked, Ohana and Crystal Palace, but I'm also curious about some of the dining in Galaxy's Edge as we're massive Star Wats fans! We're DLP annual pass holders so this is gonna be such a different experience to what we're used to but I'm over the moon about it!

We had a 24 year hiatus between 1995 and 2019. When we came through the gate at Grand Floridian, the nostalgia washed over me like a wave. It was the same feeling I had as a kid after being away from home, and then turning down the street going to our house.

We had a 24 year hiatus between 1995 and 2019. When we came through the gate at Grand Floridian, the nostalgia washed over me like a wave. It was the same feeling I had as a kid after being away from home, and then turning down the street going to our house.
I know I'll probably cry the moment we get there and I see it for the first time properly since I was a kid. Nothing beats that magic!

I know I'll probably cry the moment we get there and I see it for the first time properly since I was a kid. Nothing beats that magic!
I had entirely forgotten how much I love the place. Life had intervened in those years - work, extended family duties, etc. We were discussing travel plans the year prior to our 2019 trip and I mentioned to DW about going to WDW 'one last time.' She said sure, why not.

Ever since then, we've gone a couple of times a year, either to WDW or DLR/DCA, and we will go for as long as we can. We will be in DLR/DCA the last week of September this year, and then to WDW in April next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter