A Ton! Of reservations just opened up Nov-Dec!

When I got all the alerts I got on and I made a reservation for our trip in 3 weeks... but when I got the confirmation it was for YESTERDAY. I don't know if I clicked the wrong date or if it glitched but I immediately called to cancel. However, because it wasn't 24 hours notice I got charged the $10 per person fee. On hold now to see if I do in fact have to pay this, I hope not! Stupid me did not write down the cancellation number (It was early and I didn't have a pen handy!) so I am thinking I will probably have to pay!

Modify the reservation to a different day, then cancel it. You won’t have to pay

It’s not staying as is by the Rumor Board. Maybe for next couple days as they continue to see what can be accommodated but rumor is some restaurants hit 100% capacity in bookings on thanksgiving/Xmas-
I don’t think IT has a reset button here to wipe the last couple days & start over. It sounds like they have a lot of manual review to do so it will take time. I feel bad for us with close in trips (including myself lol, I’m next week) but it is what it is for now. We sit and wait. Feels like I’m doing a lot of that right now 😂

@Cliffside haven’t seen any cancellation reports yet so fingers crossed for your DD!
Oh yeah Christmas week is going to be a problem! I’m next week too!

Was the restaurant full or were there still empty tables for distancing?
I just got off the phone with her....she said every table was taken..ugh
I wouldn’t be comfortable with that...I am not eating inside at restaurants here in New York.
She is living in Florida currently so she wasn’t necessarily bothered by it and has experience with it.
So the question is...did Disney raise capacities at restaurants or was it a glitch and they didn’t rectify it early enough.
I had several different news stories showing up in my feed saying different things. My local NBC affiliate even covered the story saying they raised capacity.

So if we already had reservations before yesterday but changed the time... do u think they would more than likely strip us of our reservations entirely? Reset to what dining was before the glitch? Or last, priories those do us who had existing ones to keep these new ones?
Looking for hopefully guesses

I'm going to say that we can't get the old ones back. If you think about it, once we canceled them, they were released for other people to grab. So if they tried to give them back to us, we/they would be in the exact same spot we are now - double booked.

I wouldn’t be comfortable with that...I am not eating inside at restaurants here in New York.
She is living in Florida currently so she wasn’t necessarily bothered by it and has experience with it.
So the question is...did Disney raise capacities at restaurants or was it a glitch and they didn’t rectify it early enough.
I had several different news stories showing up in my feed saying different things. My local NBC affiliate even covered the story saying they raised capacity.

Were the tables spaced apart? I wonder if there were less tables to give a little more room (versus just leaving empty tables). That's what I'm telling myself for now, any way.

They have been using “overflow” for Liberty Tree Tavern at Horseshoe Restaurant next door... so I am trying to figure other locations this can be achieved or giving lunch reservations one hour earlier and dinner one hour after and that is your choice... or having food Already plated With very minimal selections... like the turkey dinners....
Don’t forget Disney has many empty dining locations currently. They can expand with option to cancel ...
I know Sci Fi used to offer a breakfast for special Star Wars Events.
Would you be happy to arrive earlier with a special Holiday Screening of SciFi Xmas movie trailers? I would!

Expanding physically is only part of the issue, though. What about additional CM’s to service all these additional reservations? Same CM’s more hours? Call back more? I’ve never worked in the restaurant business... how would they even handle that?

According to this review they had tables previously closed

Attachments

• 0A02BB92-668C-49F5-AAF7-78F41DD1821E.jpeg
    0A02BB92-668C-49F5-AAF7-78F41DD1821E.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 94

I believe they removed tables to keep the capacity down, so every table taken does not equate to 100% capacity. The tables were probably distanced.

Seems like non-Disney owned, like Homecomin' and Via Napoli, seem to take a good number of walk ups. The popular places that are true Disney restaurants seemed to be fully committed with reservations when we were there in Sept/Oct. I stalked the Topolino's walk up list for dinner all week, and it never opened for walk ins.
We were at Epcot on Oct 12th and had an ADR for Via Napoli at 7pm and there was a sign outside the restaurant that they were not taking any walk-ups We arrived a few minutes early and our table was already ready and the tables were nicely spaced apart and I didnt see any open tables - like they were guests, and then guests left, table was cleaned thoroughly and then new guests arrived. Even at the hightop, really long tables, there were guests at one end, and a few at the other end.

It was a great dinner and we'll be back on Dec. 9th!

I got an email from a non official site that Disney will be cancelling reservations made during the glitch. It stated that those affected will get a $25 gift certificate.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...dining-glitch-will-be-automatically-canceled/We've got a report from DFB that reservations made during the availability glitch will be cancelled. But this doesn't say what will happen to those who had previously held reservations that were cancelled/adjusted because of switching during the glitch...

I'm trying to be optimistic that they can recover the data... but not sure how that works. I do know that I have now pre-paid for CRT twice with no word on anything or refunds.

Mine are still there. I modified some times but definitely also added a Via Napoli and Trattoria prepark breakfast that I'm sure would not have been available without the glitch, so I'll just wait and see.

If they can recover and put back my original ones I'm ok with that. But I dropped a Mama Melrose lunch and Oga's"dinner" for better times, will be really sad if I cant recover some kind of time for those.

I've moved mine around so many times now I don't even know what I made on Tuesday and what I had modified the days before. Yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter