A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

It was so crowded that we had to wait through one cycle of the tiki room to even get in and the Swiss Family Treehouse had a line!
That is bad! And it was so busy that week! It was silly. I am seriously considering going in January.

…Introducing Casey's Family from the Commonwealth of Virginia…
The commonealth of virginia doesn't sound strange... actually kind of normal actually. But I am guessing it is the Casey's family part she likes.

While I’m sure the New England based crowd would shudder at this, we thought it was delicious. There was a surprising amount of lobster in this (though definitely not the premium parts) and the lemon and capers added great flavor without overshadowing everything else. I hate celery in any kind of seafood or chicken salad and thankfully there was none of that nasty green stuff going on in there. The roll was nicely buttered and while the clams seems an odd addition they did add some nice crunch. I had some serious order envy.
It does look good! Not the right shape but I don't care.

With crowds so bad we decided to explore Tom Sawyer Island and the girls had a great time together.
They girls did have a good time.

IMG_6944.jpeg
The picture came out good!

You can Casey might need to stop sharing soon. Disney is not giving you big enough portions!!!

I’ve totally enjoyed your review and can’t wait for more. We’ll be in the World for part of your trip next month. Maybe we’ll cross paths. :drinking1

AWESOME indeed! I'm so excited!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Just realized I said awesome like 10 times in a row but it is indeed AWESOME!!!!

Keeping on brand here too I see? :laughing:
Yup! While I'm sure Martha did no actual cooking herself I'm pretty sure I would want to eat absolutely nothing from back then

The girls all seem to hit it off so well! How fun that you'll all be meeting up again in just a few short weeks!
They got a long great and for our only child she was thrilled to be with kids her own age. They had so much fun we actually extended our August trip by a day so the girls could spend more time together.

Thanks for the heads up about LTT. Now I need to make a reservation for our upcoming trip. :)

Update: It was really easy to get an ADR for lunch in August. LTT used to be a very difficult ADR to get. They must have lost a lot of customers when they changed their menu.
Glad to hear you got one. We usually make a reservation day of or the day before and don't usually have a problem I'm thinking between the menu changes and the price increases folks may be staying away.

HAHA! Ash has this shirt!!! Jason and Ash can twin...Just like Joe and Steve...
Jason will be thrilled to hear he has the same shirt as a teenage girl :earboy2:

How was the beach vaca???? Casey looks like she had fun.
Oh it was so good. Sun, sand, beer!!! Just what I needed

That is bad! And it was so busy that week! It was silly. I am seriously considering going in January.
Yeah that was the worst we'd experienced in a while. We went in January once and had horrible weather (rain and cold) so I'm not sure what the worse option is.

The commonealth of virginia doesn't sound strange... actually kind of normal actually. But I am guessing it is the Casey's family part she likes.
She just wanted to be announced to the restaurant so everyone would notice her and bask in her glow :P

You can Casey might need to stop sharing soon. Disney is not giving you big enough portions!!!
I know right? She actually hadn't been wanting to share much at home lately and small portions or not I'm not sure my waistline can take not sharing

I’ve totally enjoyed your review and can’t wait for more. We’ll be in the World for part of your trip next month. Maybe we’ll cross paths. :drinking1
Thanks so much for reading along with me. Please do say hi if you see us. Casey loves to think she is "famous" :earboy2:

Hi Kari, of course Casey is famous we have even heard of her in Essex!! :rotfl2:
I have been following along and enjoying your review I have just been lurking in the ether. We are back in Disney in 14 days - Yay!!! :banana:

Last edited:

I love Liberty Tree too but the hubby sadly doesn't so we haven't visited in quite a while. Being a girl from Maine and a lifelong New Englander, I can tell you capers in a lobster roll are definitely a hard no but glad Jason enjoyed it!

First of all, ew to someone changing their kid on a table in a restaurant. That is horrible I would have freaked out. Your food and drinks at animal kingdom looked good. The lobster roll looked delicious, it’s one of my favorite foods and I’m from Florida so definitely not a lobster roll snob and would love it lol. Love the ride pictures they’re all so cute!

Just realized I said awesome like 10 times in a row but it is indeed AWESOME!!!!
Awesome is not a word to be used lightly. That said, I think you really needed to fit in an eleventh "awesome" befitting of the situation ::yes::

Yup! While I'm sure Martha did no actual cooking herself I'm pretty sure I would want to eat absolutely nothing from back then
Agreed. :faint:

They got a long great and for our only child she was thrilled to be with kids her own age. They had so much fun we actually extended our August trip by a day so the girls could spend more time together.
That's wonderful! I bet they'll have a blast together.

Greetings from not so hot now, but was also 110 degrees, Connecticut. I was lucky and worked 12 hours Saturday so missed most of it but we actually used our pool on Sunday so I wasn't complaining about the heat.

We were at Nags Head in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Casey did love it!!! As an only child this was a family vacation with my extended family so she had a week of fun, sun, and sand with her cousins and loved every minute of it. We even sprinkled in a little bit of history at the Wright Brothers Memorial.

IMG_7447.jpg

That looks fun! We head to Hilton Head on Friday for some sun and fun also :flower:

Today was probably one of the worst days of our trip crowd wise. It was a Thursday in Magic Kingdom, but apparently the entire population of Florida had decided to descend upon the park. It was so crowded that we had to wait through one cycle of the tiki room to even get in and the Swiss Family Treehouse had a line!

Yikes! I'm a little worried about our March trip…the UT calendars have the crowds at a 10 almost every day. Good thing is it's just Mike and me so we can skip out of the parks whenever we want.

This may be my first and last March trip if it's as crazy as I'm thinking it will be.

I was angling for my favorite Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, but I was overruled by the revolutionists angling for a hei hei cone. We always enjoy Liberty Tree as it’s a great laid back place to get out of the heat and away from the crowds and chill for a nice meal. They aren’t lighting the world on fire with their food, but I gather neither was Martha Washington. I have noticed the prices have gone up pretty significantly here over the past few years. Most lunch entrees used to be under $20 and now most everything is above that price point. At least with our tables in wonderland card we saved $13.35.

I newly love LTT, but I've only had the platter which is so yummy and includes the yummy toffee cake :love::worship: You should have gotten it just for you and let them have their cone.

From there we visited one of old soul Casey’s favorite attractions…

:love:

And then I missed the memo that mine train was now a boat :confused3

:rotfl2:

With crowds so bad we decided to explore Tom Sawyer Island and the girls had a great time together.

How fun!

We then decided to “brave” the Aloha Isle line – which wasn’t as bad as it looked – so these two could try the Hei Hei cone.

After all Jason had dressed for the occasion.

Oh, well this explains it…he HAD to get that cone. Love his shirt!

Hi Kari, of course Casey is famous we have even heard of her in Essex!! :rotfl2:
I have been following along and enjoying your review I have just been lurking in the ether. We are back in Disney in 14 days - Yay!!! :banana:
Hi Emma! I know you are always there even if you're quiet :D I totally forgot you all will be down there next month too and if I recall we overlap for a few days (we arrive on the 10th). Please say hi if you see us. I'd love to see you all again. And I'll have to tell Casey she's now gone international! She'll be thrilled.

I love Liberty Tree too but the hubby sadly doesn't so we haven't visited in quite a while. Being a girl from Maine and a lifelong New Englander, I can tell you capers in a lobster roll are definitely a hard no but glad Jason enjoyed it!
I'm sure most everything in that lobster roll was a hard no. Capers. Tiny piece of lobster. Clams. Round Bread. But sometimes something so wrong can be so right :earboy2:

First of all, ew to someone changing their kid on a table in a restaurant. That is horrible I would have freaked out. Your food and drinks at animal kingdom looked good. The lobster roll looked delicious, it’s one of my favorite foods and I’m from Florida so definitely not a lobster roll snob and would love it lol. Love the ride pictures they’re all so cute!
I'm so with you on the lobster roll. I'm 99% sure I've never had a proper one, but they taste so good who really cares. Though I have to admit I'm the same way a New Englander is with lobster rolls with crab cakes. Being so close to the chesapeake bay I'll fully admit to being a crab cake snob!

Awesome is not a word to be used lightly. That said, I think you really needed to fit in an eleventh "awesome" befitting of the situation ::yes::
Awesome (11) Awesome (12) Awesome (13) Awesome (14)....

Greetings from not so hot now, but was also 110 degrees, Connecticut. I was lucky and worked 12 hours Saturday so missed most of it but we actually used our pool on Sunday so I wasn't complaining about the heat.
It really is sad when work sounds better than being out in the heat. We went to the farmers market on Saturday morning and there are normally about 40 vendors and less than 10 showed up!

That looks fun! We head to Hilton Head on Friday for some sun and fun also :flower:
Oh I hope you have as good of a week as we did. You deserve it 🌞

Yikes! I'm a little worried about our March trip…the UT calendars have the crowds at a 10 almost every day. Good thing is it's just Mike and me so we can skip out of the parks whenever we want.
Between hot as hades weather in the summer and crowds in the cooler months I'm pretty sure there is no good time to go anymore and we should all just drink :drinking1

I newly love LTT, but I've only had the platter which is so yummy and includes the yummy toffee cake :love::worship: You should have gotten it just for you and let them have their cone.
I hear they have a really good salad too :earboy2:

" They aren’t lighting the world on fire with their food, but I gather neither was Martha Washington. "
:rotfl:

TFS your reviews!

Ughhhhh we have a busy crowd level 10 MLK weekend to deal with in our trip plans. Hoping to drown my sorrows in bottomless mimosas at the CG Brunch :) I guess if I have a solid buzz going I might be able to handle the crowds.

I have yet to try the green beer!

There are just no words...

Did they go off roading?!?! That sounds amazing though. The safari can be pretty routine alot of the time.

Nice! Disney at it's best!

I need to get us here in August!

YUM!

Cauliflower has become one of my new favorite veggies.

Maybe I can bribe the girls with these...

I love it. I see lots of silly videos in our future!

Can't wait to try that cauliflower!!!

" They aren’t lighting the world on fire with their food, but I gather neither was Martha Washington. "
:rotfl:

TFS your reviews!
You are most welcomed!!!! Its always good when you can sneak a Martha Washington reference in there!

Ughhhhh we have a busy crowd level 10 MLK weekend to deal with in our trip plans. Hoping to drown my sorrows in bottomless mimosas at the CG Brunch :) I guess if I have a solid buzz going I might be able to handle the crowds.
A ten oh my!!! I don't recall what this day was supposed to be, I'm thinking a 6 or 7 but it certainly felt like what I imagine a ten to be!

I think your plan sounds fabulous. I'm waiting on the reservation finder to hopefully find us a brunch reservation in a a few weeks. Bottomless mimosas followed by some MK sounds like a great day to me!

I just officially joined the Disboards yesterday, but I have been reading and lurking for years. I absolutely love reading about your adventures! Thank you so much for sharing and I can't wait to read more.
:welcome:

Thanks so much for finally joining in on all of the fun. I remember when I did the same but I couldn't keep my mouth shut for too long and had to jump right in. Hope to hear more from you!

Ready to start planning our May 2020 vacation. Jiko is one of our favorites!!!
Its one of our favorites too. I'm sure we'll be there next month!

Today was probably one of the worst days of our trip crowd wise. It was a Thursday in Magic Kingdom, but apparently the entire population of Florida had decided to descend upon the park It was so crowded that we had to wait through one cycle of the tiki room to even get in and the Swiss Family Treehouse had a line!

UMM WHAT!

While I’m sure the New England based crowd would shudder at this, we thought it was delicious. There was a surprising amount of lobster in this (though definitely not the premium parts) and the lemon and capers added great flavor without overshadowing everything else. I hate celery in any kind of seafood or chicken salad and thankfully there was none of that nasty green stuff going on in there. The roll was nicely buttered and while the clams seems an odd addition they did add some nice crunch. I had some serious order envy.

I love me some lobster roll.... I am not tech from New England.... but i grant myself honorary status... and i have a really hard time ordering lobster out of the area...

It appeared they took a page from Raglan Road as we got just once piece of fish, but it was large and delicious. The chips were decent, though nothing special, so I asked for some malt vinegar to douse them with. Unfortunately I didn’t see that the vinegar didn’t have a cap so I ended up with about a cup of it on my plate.

Oh you poor thing, with all good intentions!

I was angling for my favorite Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, but I was overruled by the revolutionists angling for a hei hei cone. We always enjoy Liberty Tree as it’s a great laid back place to get out of the heat and away from the crowds and chill for a nice meal. They aren’t lighting the world on fire with their food, but I gather neither was Martha Washington. I have noticed the prices have gone up pretty significantly here over the past few years. Most lunch entrees used to be under $20 and now most everything is above that price point. At least with our tables in wonderland card we saved $13.35.

We have never been... but every time i think about it for some reason i never book it........ I feel like MK is such a hard place to book a meal, and i still haven't eaten here.

Oh my kinda girl! (also who does she look so grown up all of a sudden!!)

Okay, just so you know, I changed my LTT dinner to lunch after reading about Jason's lobster roll! You have to stop writing such delicious sounding reviews because it's causing havoc with my dining plans! :P

I love me some lobster roll.... I am not tech from New England.... but i grant myself honorary status... and i have a really hard time ordering lobster out of the area...
Well if you have honorary lobster roll status I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you probably would not have approved of this one.

We have never been... but every time i think about it for some reason i never book it........ I feel like MK is such a hard place to book a meal, and i still haven't eaten here.
It really is. I used to say it was MGM but the MK restaurant menus are just so stagnant we have a hard time deciding what to eat. I think for our trip in a few weeks we are going to head out of the park and have lunches at the resorts instead.

Oh my kinda girl! (also who does she look so grown up all of a sudden!!)
Like your girls she is growing way too fast. Of course it doesn't help that she is in like the 80th percentile for height so little no more.

Okay, just so you know, I changed my LTT dinner to lunch after reading about Jason's lobster roll! You have to stop writing such delicious sounding reviews because it's causing havoc with my dining plans! :P
I hope you like it!!! We've never done dinner there as the thanksgiving thing doesn't really appeal to me too much. But they do have the thanksgiving like platter on the lunch menu too so I think lunch is a great option.

And wait until you see what I'm getting ready to post. Some of the best food I've had in Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter