A thread for DVC resort ownership with points at each resorts

285 total - August UY

150 BRV - Resale
25 Vero - Direct (blue card)
50 BRV - Resale
60 AKV - Direct (in closing)

Really debated resale/direct for the AKV since we're already blue card, but Aug is a rarer UY there, and resale prices for small contracts are running fairly high. Decided we wanted to be able to use the points at future resorts. So all of ours are usable anywhere.
My first direct purchase of 25 points was 1) to be totally grandfathered in even though I had bought my first resale just before the cut off in 2016 and 2) because finding a 25 BC contract with Sept. use year seemed nigh on impossible (I still haven't seen one on the resale market). My second direct purchase of 50 at CC was also because I didn't think I could find one resale at the time (and I wanted it).

Very Interesting Thread -- after completing our first successful SnowBird Trip
(putting aside the COVID limitations),
we have proven that we can stay in the bubble in a Studio for 6-8weeks, and
(due to some off-property issues with Non-Disney Hotels)
we prefer to be on-property through the entire stay.
So I can't believe I'm posting this, but I just made another Resale Offer, which would put me at:
SSR - 475 (210-Direct 2010, 40-Resale 2018, 225-Resale 2020)
AKV - 160 (160-Resale 2021)*
BCV - 30 (30-Resale 2020)
TOTAL - 665
*AKL Offer was just accepted, pending contract 3/1/21, and of course subject to ROFR 🤞
I would never have imagined buying more points so soon after our 2020 purchase but the recent Direct Price increases influenced today's offer.
Anyone else using DVC to SnowBird ???
We had a BLAST!
ET:goodvibes
No.....but now I'm seriously considering the possibility!

It was more fun that I thought. We had been a little deflated over the COVID restrictions, but after the first week we found a good rhythm to everything.
Being able to walk outside in nice weather was amazing. I lost 14 pounds over those 7 weeks, averaged 20K steps/day.
I purchased the DVC Golf Membership, and that was well worth it. I walked 9 Holes at Oak Trail 3 times, and played 18 with a cart on LBV & Magnolia, and hit 4 buckets at the range. I still have 1 Oak trail, 2 -18 Hole vouchers, and 2 buckets left to use next January. We ate outside several times, and did drive-through or carry-out for most meals.
That is awesome ! Did you go to the parks during that time ? Which 6 weeks were you there ? Did you stay only in one resort during all that time ? or split stay? In my fantasy planning spread sheet, I am trying to figure out what the stay would look like, where and for how long :) how many total points would it need, that kind of stuff, I love playing in my spread sheets :)

A lot of people on another thread are starting to look over their shoulders :D. Congrats on the accepted offer.
Thanks, badeacon. Don't worry - I have a ways to go to cross that 1000 Pt. Mark. :earboy2:
Prices have actually risen more than I expected for Jan-Feb., but after our 1st Snowbird trip, we are feeling comfortable that we will put all of these points to good use. Our expectations, with the state of the pandemic, were kinda low. We were happy to have those expectations exceeded, and can't wait to go back when all the restrictions have been lifted.

How was your last stay ??

That is awesome ! Did you go to the parks during that time ? Which 6 weeks were you there ? Did you stay only in one resort during all that time ? or split stay? In my fantasy planning spread sheet, I am trying to figure out what the stay would look like, where and for how long :) how many total points would it need, that kind of stuff, I love playing in my spread sheets :)
Well, PearlyJoy, let me tell you: :goodvibes
Our first 2 weeks were spent in BWV. We had waitlisted both weeks in a Studio - standard view, and 1 of them came avaialable at the last minute. Then, with the points saved, we got the 2nd week in a Studio-Pool View. When we checked in, we were happy to find that they put us in the "Pool View" room for both weeks, and we didn't have to move at the end of week #1. The following 15 days were spent at SSR- Preferred View/Congress Park. Then we went off property for 2 weeks (originally planned 14N at Drury Inn near Universal but, after being a little disappointed with the location after the first 2 Night, we switched to the Cabana Bay Beach Resort for the remaining 12 Nights. The last 5 nights were to be spent at the Spring Hill Suites - LBV, on POINTS & Award Nights. However, 4 days prior we got an email saying that we were being moved to a Courtyard, because of COVID impacts to the Spring Hill Suites. That was awful suspicious, as nowhere else seemed to be having those issues. We were fortunate to grab those 5 Nights at the Disney Dolphin. It did cost us considerable more points, and the award nights did not transfer, so we had some unexpected OOP$ for those nights. That's part of what drove us to jump on another resale last week. We have always had AKL as a target for our next purchase, and the BONVOY issues served as motivation to buy more now rather than later. (especially because we had a really good trip, COVID restrictions notwithstanding, so we are psyched about going back again to Snowbird Post-COVID)!
So we spent all 475 points that we had available, just on the 29 Nights, and for next next year we currently have 39 nights booked using 528 points. We hope our AKV contract comes through in time to snag another 10-14 Days there (according to what room levels are available by time we close on those).
We started out going in to the parks very cautiously, either early after opening, or towards the end of the day.
After a few jaunts, and having our temperatures taken several times per day, we built more confidence and increased our park time. We hav APs, and we had reserved a park each day of the 29 on-property. We were alo able to reserve another 3-Days of park time during our stay at the Dolphin. I'm glad we had that many pportunities, because I was only successful 2 out of 8 times in getting a boarding group for ROTR!
We ate at outside-dining venues only, or did carry-out back to the room.
I hope you find this info. helpful: I'm always willing to help add to somebody else's spreadsheet madness. :earboy2:
I spent lots of time on my spreadsheets also !:thumbsup2

205 BWV (150 resale and 55 direct) June UY and 70 CCV (direct) Aug UY.

Had another 50 BWV we sold recently as well as 125 HHI, 200 OKW and 100 AKV we sold too. Had all those points with snowbirding in mind but IT and room/resort problems started to wear on us along with rising costs and cutting what you get for said costs. All the preplanning and using IT (that sucks)...so on and so forth. So the pixie dust has faded and we downsized. Trying to buy a place in Kissimmee now for the snowbirding, instead.

Last edited:
Well, PearlyJoy, let me tell you: :goodvibes
Our first 2 weeks were spent in BWV. We had waitlisted both weeks in a Studio - standard view, and 1 of them came avaialable at the last minute. Then, with the points saved, we got the 2nd week in a Studio-Pool View. When we checked in, we were happy to find that they put us in the "Pool View" room for both weeks, and we didn't have to move at the end of week #1. The following 15 days were spent at SSR- Preferred View/Congress Park. Then we went off property for 2 weeks (originally planned 14N at Drury Inn near Universal but, after being a little disappointed with the location after the first 2 Night, we switched to the Cabana Bay Beach Resort for the remaining 12 Nights. The last 5 nights were to be spent at the Spring Hill Suites - LBV, on POINTS & Award Nights. However, 4 days prior we got an email saying that we were being moved to a Courtyard, because of COVID impacts to the Spring Hill Suites. That was awful suspicious, as nowhere else seemed to be having those issues. We were fortunate to grab those 5 Nights at the Disney Dolphin. It did cost us considerable more points, and the award nights did not transfer, so we had some unexpected OOP$ for those nights. That's part of what drove us to jump on another resale last week. We have always had AKL as a target for our next purchase, and the BONVOY issues served as motivation to buy more now rather than later. (especially because we had a really good trip, COVID restrictions notwithstanding, so we are psyched about going back again to Snowbird Post-COVID)!
So we spent all 475 points that we had available, just on the 29 Nights, and for next next year we currently have 39 nights booked using 528 points. We hope our AKV contract comes through in time to snag another 10-14 Days there (according to what room levels are available by time we close on those).
We started out going in to the parks very cautiously, either early after opening, or towards the end of the day.
After a few jaunts, and having our temperatures taken several times per day, we built more confidence and increased our park time. We hav APs, and we had reserved a park each day of the 29 on-property. We were alo able to reserve another 3-Days of park time during our stay at the Dolphin. I'm glad we had that many pportunities, because I was only successful 2 out of 8 times in getting a boarding group for ROTR!
We ate at outside-dining venues only, or did carry-out back to the room.
I hope you find this info. helpful: I'm always willing to help add to somebody else's spreadsheet madness. :earboy2:
I spent lots of time on my spreadsheets also !:thumbsup2
That sounds like a wonderful trip! I have a ton of Marriott points too and I think they are charging way too many points for the swan and dolphin. We are hoping to do longer stays in the future too with all our points but that won’t happen til the kids are out of the house.

That sounds like a wonderful trip! I have a ton of Marriott points too and I think they are charging way too many points for the swan and dolphin. We are hoping to do longer stays in the future too with all our points but that won’t happen til the kids are out of the house.
Yes - Swan & Dolphin in Jan/Feb is pretty high, about 50K Points/Night. Plus they tack on >$70/Night in
Taxes/Fees/Parking !! Fortunately, we got the Sr. rate on the 3 Cash nights, but it was still moderate level prices after adding on those taxes/fees.

Thanks, badeacon. Don't worry - I have a ways to go to cross that 1000 Pt. Mark. :earboy2:
Prices have actually risen more than I expected for Jan-Feb., but after our 1st Snowbird trip, we are feeling comfortable that we will put all of these points to good use. Our expectations, with the state of the pandemic, were kinda low. We were happy to have those expectations exceeded, and can't wait to go back when all the restrictions have been lifted.

How was your last stay ??
It sounds a lot like yours as exceeded our expectations. We were there only 2 weeks though. Bought the DVC golf membership also and played about every other day. Keep an eye out for specials from WDW golf before your next trip. They ran special last December , buy $300 card and receive $60 card. I knew we were playing a lot of golf, so loaded up then. Still have some cards as well as golf membership benefits , which plan to use in October when stay at BCV.
Have booked next year for 2 weeks ,the last of January and first of Feb. Maybe we can meet in a round of golf then?

It sounds a lot like yours as exceeded our expectations. We were there only 2 weeks though. Bought the DVC golf membership also and played about every other day. Keep an eye out for specials from WDW golf before your next trip. They ran special last December , buy $300 card and receive $60 card. I knew we were playing a lot of golf, so loaded up then. Still have some cards as well as golf membership benefits , which plan to use in October when stay at BCV.
Have booked next year for 2 weeks ,the last of January and first of Feb. Maybe we can meet in a round of golf then?
That sounds like a plan. My wife bought me the DVC Golf Membership as a retirement gift. I hit 4 Buckets at Oak Trail, walked Oak Trail 3 times, and played Magnolia & Lake Buena Vista at twilight. I hadn't played in over a decade, but I had a great time.
We'll be at SSR those 2 weeks - Let's plan on it!

100 BLT Direct
160 SSR Resale
100 BRV Resale

No other plans to add immediately, although if I see a 40 Pt SSR Resale with a June UY I may add on to make nice neat multiples of 100 on the dashboard.

I have a lot of small contracts:

Total: 1671 points
771 direct, 900 resale

SEP UY - total 1609
BRV - total: 295 - 127 direct (1 contract), 168 resale (1 contract)
AKV - total: 310 - 60 direct (2 contracts), 250 resale (3 contracts)
CCV - total: 574 - 354 direct (3 contracts, all Fixed Weeks - 44/runDisney, 47/Thanksgiving, 48), 220 Resale (3 contracts)
RIV - total: 230 - 230 direct (4 contracts)
SSR - total: 150 - 150 resale (2 contracts)
HHI - total: 50 - 50 resale (1 contract)

OCT UY - total 62
VGC - total: 62 - 62 resale (2 contracts)

Total: 22 contracts - 10 direct, 12 resale
Wow!!!! Congrats! (And I thought I had a lot).

I have a lot of small contracts:

Total: 1671 points
771 direct, 900 resale

SEP UY - total 1609
BRV - total: 295 - 127 direct (1 contract), 168 resale (1 contract)
AKV - total: 310 - 60 direct (2 contracts), 250 resale (3 contracts)
CCV - total: 574 - 354 direct (3 contracts, all Fixed Weeks - 44/runDisney, 47/Thanksgiving, 48), 220 Resale (3 contracts)
RIV - total: 230 - 230 direct (4 contracts)
SSR - total: 150 - 150 resale (2 contracts)
HHI - total: 50 - 50 resale (1 contract)

OCT UY - total 62
VGC - total: 62 - 62 resale (2 contracts)

Total: 22 contracts - 10 direct, 12 resale
Couldn't find VGC with a Sep Use Year ?? :confused3 :earboy2:

Couldn't find VGC with a Sep Use Year ?? :confused3 :earboy2:
Ha ha ha, not at a price point I was willing to pay! I had found a 100-point, but the seller wouldn’t budge from $237/point and wouldn’t negotiate on closing costs or dues, and I just wasn’t willing to spend that kind of money.

I did almost regret it but then my beauties came along. Sure, it’s 62 points instead of 100 and Oct UY instead of Sep UY, but they were only $195/point instead of $237/point.

I’m sure in time I’ll lament that 62 points isn’t enough, even for our small DL trips, and that transferring points is a hassle when we need more points at the 7 month mark for larger accommodations. If we add on DL Tower, I’ll likely make that an Oct UY too. When we travel with our sons we need at least a 1BR because we need separate beds for them, but right nowat least I’m glad I saved $42/point and paid $12,090 vs $23,700.

370 hopefully soon, Poly is in ROFR. As of now we still only stay studios with 4 of us.

120 AKV (Resale) 2019
75 RIV (Direct) 2020
75 RIV (Direct) 2020
100 Poly (Resale) 2021 in ROFR

Very Interesting Thread -- after completing our first successful SnowBird Trip
(putting aside the COVID limitations),
we have proven that we can stay in the bubble in a Studio for 6-8weeks, and
(due to some off-property issues with Non-Disney Hotels)
we prefer to be on-property through the entire stay.
So I can't believe I'm posting this, but I just made another Resale Offer, which would put me at:
SSR - 475 (210-Direct 2010, 40-Resale 2018, 225-Resale 2020)
AKV - 160 (160-Resale 2021)*
BCV - 30 (30-Resale 2020)
TOTAL - 665
*AKL Offer was just accepted, pending contract 3/1/21, and of course subject to ROFR 🤞
I would never have imagined buying more points so soon after our 2020 purchase but the recent Direct Price increases influenced today's offer.
Anyone else using DVC to SnowBird ???
We had a BLAST!
ET:goodvibes
It was more fun that I thought. We had been a little deflated over the COVID restrictions, but after the first week we found a good rhythm to everything.
Being able to walk outside in nice weather was amazing. I lost 14 pounds over those 7 weeks, averaged 20K steps/day.
I purchased the DVC Golf Membership, and that was well worth it. I walked 9 Holes at Oak Trail 3 times, and played 18 with a cart on LBV & Magnolia, and hit 4 buckets at the range. I still have 1 Oak trail, 2 -18 Hole vouchers, and 2 buckets left to use next January. We ate outside several times, and did drive-through or carry-out for most meals.

I'm curious about staying in a studio for so long, since it has a really limited kitchen and no in-unit washer and dryer. I'm presuming you used the DVC laundry room, so that issue was solved, but the kitchen still seems like a challenge with no stove. It sounds like you ate out for almost every meal for a month?

220 Direct SSR Dec 2012
180 Resale SSR Dec 2020

We've got a few more months before the new contract is completely paid for, and then I'm hoping to find a small (100ish or less) BWV contract in an earlier UY since we've been taking annual F&W trips for the last several years and my Dec UY worries me a bit for that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter