A stupid phone call from DVC

Anna114

Pluto Rocks!
I received a phone call from DVC today. She was very friendly and asking if I had time for the call. She said she was happy we chose DVC and asked if I needed any services. I told her I was good the only things I had to do was order flowers and a cake, other then that I was good. She said have a good day. What the fudge? I wasn't looking for someone to help me but what was the point of the phone call? I made many DVC trips and this was the first phone call. If Disney was trying to be helpful... yeah, not so much. I would rather they not have made the phone call... kinda pissed me off. My money could be spent better.

I've worked in call center environments before. Sounds like the type of "warm fuzzy" call you assign to workers when they don't have anything else to do. Historical trends determine staffing levels, but there are always days when call traffic is lower than expected. And there's only so much you can do with those people when they aren't busy. Rather than waiting on incoming calls, it's very easy to assign them to make proactive "is there anything we can do for you?" calls.

I have gotten these phone calls occasionally before a trip. While I usually have everything I need booked already, it certainly doesn't hurt to call, especially with so many new member who, judging by board posts, don;t fully understand how DVC works...there may also be people who have forgotten something...it happens to all of us from time to time. I don't think it is anything to be upset about. Eliminating these 5 minute calls would not substantially reduce our annual dues.

Is your dissatisfaction due to the call itself? Or because you mentioned needing cake and flowers and they didn't offer to assist you with that?

I missed the call today and they didn't leave a voice message. I was wondering why they called ... thanks for posting this thread!

Better a random call from a kind and friendly member services caller than from the bunch of sales calls I get to my registered do-not-call number!

Not sure what your issue is.
The called and asked if you needed anything .
What is big deal?
I am sure there are some people who recently eventhe call who do need a little help.

I’ve gotten the call a few times. Never had a request they could help me with.

I’ve seen other members post that they’ve received this call and appreciated.

I guess I’m not sure why this would piss you off, just because it wasn’t helpful to you personally. To be fair, I’m trying to learn that my life is happier if I don’t let stupid stuff piss me off-there’s enough big stuff going on for me to save my outrage for :o

I have gotten these calls before asking me if I need help booking fast passes or ADRs. Last trip it the CM just asked if I needed help with anything. Maybe next someone gets one of these calls we should ask what could they help us with?

We've also received them a couple of times. For the most part they were too late anyway to help with anything had I needed help with planning. Nothing terrible about them but they weren't terribly useful.

After she identified herself with DVC, I would not expect her to be able to assist with anything outside of DVC.

I know that everyone doesn't share my attitute - but I hate it when my phone rings. It seems like nothing good ever comes from a phone call. I have to answer because it could be a family emergency and the call might not be coming from a number that I recognize on the Caller ID. It always annoys me to have to stop whatever I'm doing to answer. So I don't want DVC to call me to offer assistance. If I need assistance, I will call to get it. And I would rather have my DVC money go to something other than paying somebody to make these calls.

As I said, I know everyone doesn't share my attitude.

I did go to the member website and review my account information. There was a box checked saying that DVC could call me about something like promotions and guide changes. I unchecked the box. It probably won't prevent the calls that the OP mentioned, but maybe it will prevent other calls. (So, yes, I did something other than just complaining here.)

I'm not sure if the phone calls add any cost to our membership, or are covered under the 12% set fee we pay for DVC management. If they are part of the set fee, the calls have no impact on dues at all.

I guess my biggest problem with it was that I said I needed to order a cake and flowers and I got a have a nice day. Maybe she could have offered phone numbers and the like or if you really don't want to help please don't call. I know I'm being cynical but as another poster said, I hate when my phone rings, especially with nonsense.

I guess my biggest problem with it was that I said I needed to order a cake and flowers and I got a have a nice day. Maybe she could have offered phone numbers and the like or if you really don't want to help please don't call. I know I'm being cynical but as another poster said, I hate when my phone rings, especially with nonsense.

When you posted I had a similar thought. Even if they couldn't order that they could ask if you needed a number or anything like that.

See, but your statement started and ended with "I'm good". That implies that you don't need anything. If I were the operator I would take what you said as meaning "I have to order a cake and flowers but I am going to take care of that so there is nothing you can help me with."

Not sure what your issue is.
The called and asked if you needed anything .
What is big deal?
I am sure there are some people who recently eventhe call who do need a little help.
It's not really
See, but your statement started and ended with "I'm good". That implies that you don't need anything. If I were the operator I would take what you said as meaning "I have to order a cake and flowers but I am going to take care of that so there is nothing you can help me with."
That's fair. However, I do think if you are going to make the call, ensure that the member is squared away. I said I had more to do and she was good with that.

While the call would give newbies a chance to get some help, what the caller said was "she is happy that you chose DVC", it was a PR call. They have instructions on what they will help with and cakes and flowers weren't on their list. Like many things Disney, more show than go.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter