A short, sweet, last minute, NO KIDS, Anniversary trip!

AshleyMWC

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! Let me start out by saying that I have zero expectations of hoards of people signing on to read about my teeny tiny little trip. Buuuttttt, I'm just so darn excited, that I'm going to write it anyway! So, to quote a line from my all time favorite movie and actress, 'let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start.' You KNOW you know who sang that! Now get it out of your head.....ready, go.......

Soooo, to begin at the beginning, the WHO:

I am Ashley, a 34 year old stay at home mom to 2 amazing kiddos- Emory, almost 4, and Nora, 19 months. The hours are long, aka never ending, the money is in negative dollars, and half the time I do want to strangle someone. BUT, I wouldn't trade it for anything. And I feel incredibly blessed to have a husband who can financially support us, and who truly sees the value of the stay at home mom.

Which brings me to DH. Sam is a 35 year old computer geek. No, really, he is. He admits and accepts it. He writes computer code, and manages big data- whatever that means. He tells me about work all time, but seriously, all I hear is the Swedish Chef talking.

And our 2 kiddos, Emory and Nora. Our reasons for being, and also our reasons for beer. And wine. And bourbon. Although they won't be joning us this time, I'd feel guilty not giving them a little of the spotlight. E is almost 4, and ALL BOY! He loves digging, trucks, construction sites, and pretty much anything with wheels. He's crazy high energy, but can be the sweetest little guy ever when he wants to. He's insanely smart- way too smart for my liking sometimes- and has a mind like an engineer. Nora is sweet, tiny, and sassy! She is truly my angel from above. She was born 3 weeks after my mom lost her battle with breast cancer:cloud9:, and Nora looks like a carbon copy of her. Nora's favorite thing in the entire world is MINNIE! It's seriously an obsession like I've never witnessed in a child so young. Minnie was her 3rd word....seriously. Before mama. Dada. Dog. Minnie. You can't make this stuff up.....

So, here's a picture of our little family!

image.jpg

Next, the WHAT:

Well come on now, A DISNEY WORLD TRIP!!! :mickeyjum:donald:

This trip was totally last minute and came about thanks to 2 free plane tickets courtesy of checking account rewards! More details of fligts and such in future installments.

Hmmmm, seems that the WHERE is not only insinuated, but also covered in the WHAT.

We haven't officially boooked the hotel yet, but we plan on doing it Friday, and the plan is Port Orleans Riverside. We LOVE this place! We'll take whatever view or room has a discount! Its a crazy short trip, so we aren't picky!

Now the WHEN:

It's only 2 nights. Did I scare folks away from reading now? If not, then here are our dates:

October 12-14 :hourglass We did at least score super early flights out, and a later evening flight home!

WHY!?!?!?

Like a Disney trip ever needs a reason! DH and I are both HUGE Disney fans, but we havent't been in 2 years! Oh lordie, that hurts to type! :sad: We used to go every year- before we had kids. Then those darlings started sucking away all of our $$$. We even homeymooned here for 2 WEEKS! But alas, we do plan on returning WITH them next year for a full on, all out, amazing family vacation!

But I digress....

This trip is to celebrate our Anniversary! 6 years :dogdance:
Yep, after nearly 10 years of dating, we've now been married for almost 6 years!

Well, I think that will have to wrap up tonight. Mama is tired, and heaven knows the kids will be up at the you know what, crack of dawn!

Up next, flights, hotels, and such! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter