A restaurant you weren't expecting much from but were pleasantly surprised

Tokyo Dining. It was DELICIOUS. We love sushi and are a little picky, and this was really good sushi. But we were just as impressed with the regular entrees. The view was beautiful and the food was outstanding. It's hard to go now with our son, because the children's menu (or lack of a children's menu) is terrible. I wish they had more normal kids meals or we won't be back for a while.

Also, Boatwrights at Port Orleans Riverside. AMAZING. From the cornbread to the french onion soup, cheese board, pork with spoon bread, the meal was just fantastic. Best meal of that particular trip.

Last edited:

After a couple of days of being in the parks we just wanted to go back to our hotel and relax for the night. Found an ADR at our hotel and took it. Had no clue about it and hoped for the best.

Rix Sports Bar and Grill at Coronado Springs

Rix Mahi Reuben
Pastrami-seasoned Mahi and Beer-braised Sauerkraut with Traditional Sauce on Marble Rye Bread served with choice of Waffle-cut Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Green Apple-Cabbage Slaw, or Beets and Goat Cheese $16.49

This was out of the world. Still dream about this. Very large and can be shared. Had the beets and goat salad with it and it was very good. DS12 did not want any sauerkraut so would not share. My Dad had the fish and chips and loved it. We shared the calamari appetizer and it was just as good. DS12 did get nachos and that was disappointing.

Also we ate at T-Rex and it was really good as well. Had a bad experience back in 2009 but DS12 wanted to try it because he could not remember it. I had a pasta dish I do not see on the menu now. It had fresh veggies and salmon. It was so good.

I wasn't super into the small feel and menu at the QS (Roaring Fork) inside of Wilderness Lodge. Nothing on the menu really stood out to me, so I asked a CM for his suggestion. He recommended the pesto/chicken sandwich on ciabatta, and I swear I am DROOLING just thinking about the day I can sink my teeth into it again... lol! SO GOOD!

Nine Dragons - I randomly booked a reservation the same morning because we were tired and wanted to have a sit down meal to rest a little in the middle of the day. All five of us loved it. I had the pepper shrimp with spinach noodles. It was amazing! Our server was also very attentive. We loved it so much my daughter wants to eat there for her birthday meal on our next trip. We would have never tried it if we preplanned it but I'm so glad for the last minute find. It's a new favorite.

Tangierine Cafe, I had read good things about it, never tried it in all my years going to WDW, tried it and really really enjoyed it. Healthy and fresh.

Satu'li Canteen, brand new so no real expectations, now my favorite place to eat. Good healthy food and yummy desserts.

Funny these two are at the top of my QS list for our upcoming visit.

For Breakfast or Lunch/dinner? I have heard breakfast is awesome , but mixed on lunch or dinner.
It was for dinner. My mom and I really liked our food and she is pretty picky. I got the meatloaf and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I've never been for breakfast or lunch.

The Mara. I never expect much from Quick Service, but the food here is amazing and unique. We've gone back a few times, even making a trek out there when not staying at the hotel we liked it so much.
I agree! We grabbed a quick lunch here on our check-out day (we were staying at Kidani) this summer, and I couldn't even tell you what I got (a sandwich of some sort), but I remember it being really delicious.

I find that if I'm pretty hungry, most food tastes pretty good to me. We enjoyed La Cantina de San Angel and Pecos Bills on the little summer trip my friend and I took this past June. I'd happily stop at either again if I was hungry.

Still, the best surprise I have had yet was the chicken and brie sandwich at Gasparilla's over at the GF. Got it for dinner one night last December before we headed out to the parks for the evening and really enjoyed it. I've got to get that again.

Lobster sliders at the Beaches pool bar at GF are yummy too. I love finding the tasty quick stuff that doesn't cost a fortune or require me to make a reservation 6 months in advance.

Satu’li Canteen in AK. We of course had heard good things but it still blew away our expectations. I had a couple vegetarians in our group and they were so happy!

Yes! I'm not even a veggie, but I have to say, the tofu bowl is probably one of my favorite Disney meals ever. (I think the only thing ahead of that is BOATHOUSE.)

Like others mentioned, definitely Nine Dragons. We'd avoided it due to poor reviews, but finally decided to try it. DH has taken many business trips to China, so he had certain expectations, and he was very happy.

The sit-down Rose and Crown restaurant in Epcot. We had very last minute changes in park and that was the only same-day ADR I could get for dinner that night (having sit-down plans in the middle of summer was a must as I was pregnant, we were traveling with my senior citizen in-laws, amd we had a toddler in tow). Zero research was done and my family isn’t even necessarily fans of British food. But the food was delicious and the service was the best we’ve had at Disney World! Such warm, welcoming servers!

The Wave. Hadn’t really read reviews prior to eating there and was one of our better meals of our trip. Our group thought more bang for the buck vs. Le Cellier meal credit wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter