A Rebuttal: Top 5(+) things that are better at Walt Disney World than at Disneyland

I think the main problem I have with this debate is the use of the word "better". When the word "different" would fit better. Each of the resorts has something that makes it unique and poel will always have their favorites.

I think the main problem I have with this debate is the use of the word "better". When the word "different" would fit better. Each of the resorts has something that makes it unique and poel will always have their favorites.

Heh I was just going to say the same. Why does one park have to be better. It's not a competition. I've lived in the Midwest, went to WDW, lived in California, went to DL, and now go to WDW again. They are just different parks that serve different markets with different target demographics. Naturally the demographic that one targets will find the other park inferior. Even tho it wasn't trying to market to them.

I love both parks. The rides are not exact duplicates at both, which is a benefit in itself. WDW attracts the vacationing family for 5-10 days. DL attracts the California (and general Pacific West) locals for 2-3 days. DL has a huge local base, encompassing several of the largest cities in the US. WDW has a tiny local base, with just Orlando and then very little else. Almost all the profit to WDW is from travelers, so they cater to those guests. The focus is on the hotels, the restaurants, the pools, the tangential activities, the transportation, and making people comfortable while they're away from home. DL tries to attract the locals and near-locals, getting them to come for a couple days but offers much less in the way of a complete resort experience. They do this by squeezing a more intense experience into fewer, smaller parks. If you went to DL from Chicago, it would feel like a WDW for 2-3 days, but thereafter it would feel like Los Angeles... it is after all in the heart of a large suburb of a massive city with regular city traffic buzzing all around.

I hope to get back to DL someday cuz I've never ridden Radiator Springs Racers. But for our family now, Florida is the better vacation spot.

BTW, having been to both many times, I think the original writeup touched on several rather irrelevant reasons why DL was better... and the rebuttal didn't do so hot a job of pointing out the best of the World either.

You have some great points too. I also would like to add I don't really like how they talked about it on the podcast they took a very defensive attitude about it and almost at time seemed to be turning their noses up at poel who would rather go to Disneyland.

I live in Toronto and have been to both resorts and like them for different reason and I don't always ;like something because the ride is longer at disneyland. Well I do have favorite version I don't really say they are better for example I like pirates at WDW because the drop brings you into the action rather than having you maneuver around some cavers, don't get me wrong I like them I just think they are in a bad spot.

Heh I was just going to say the same. Why does one park have to be better. It's not a competition. I've lived in the Midwest, went to WDW, lived in California, went to DL, and now go to WDW again. They are just different parks that serve different markets with different target demographics. Naturally the demographic that one targets will find the other park inferior. Even tho it wasn't trying to market to them.

I love both parks. The rides are not exact duplicates at both, which is a benefit in itself. WDW attracts the vacationing family for 5-10 days. DL attracts the California (and general Pacific West) locals for 2-3 days. DL has a huge local base, encompassing several of the largest cities in the US. WDW has a tiny local base, with just Orlando and then very little else. Almost all the profit to WDW is from travelers, so they cater to those guests. The focus is on the hotels, the restaurants, the pools, the tangential activities, the transportation, and making people comfortable while they're away from home. DL tries to attract the locals and near-locals, getting them to come for a couple days but offers much less in the way of a complete resort experience. They do this by squeezing a more intense experience into fewer, smaller parks. If you went to DL from Chicago, it would feel like a WDW for 2-3 days, but thereafter it would feel like Los Angeles... it is after all in the heart of a large suburb of a massive city with regular city traffic buzzing all around.

I hope to get back to DL someday cuz I've never ridden Radiator Springs Racers. But for our family now, Florida is the better vacation spot.

BTW, having been to both many times, I think the original writeup touched on several rather irrelevant reasons why DL was better... and the rebuttal didn't do so hot a job of pointing out the best of the World either.

I'll have to re-read my article, but I tried to be careful not to say that one Resort was better than the other. My article was about things that in my opinion are better at Disneyland. There are things that are better at WDW as well.

The point really is to give people reasons to check out a Park that they've never been to.

I agree with Tom. I never said WDW was better. I don't know how to measure that.

I also wasn't going to parrot what other folks said or do an attraction by attraction comparison. I write enought tedious legal posts and didn't want this to turn into one of those. And if you think I was being entirely serious, then I missed my point.

I must have missed the part of the podcast where the group turned their collective noses up at people who want to go to Disneyland.

As for DL being smaller, my position is that this is a myth.

If I ever go back to Disneyland again, I will fly and stay at a Disney hotel. I hate Los Angeles and Anaheim. Hate hate hate hate it. This by itself is a reason why WDW is better than DisneyLand. Give me Orlando anytime.

If, as Pete said, I have strong feelings about WDW, then my goodness, Nancy Johnson on the DL podcast is downright militant (as she should be!).

You go girl.

Why, thank you, Mr. Jack! I haven't listened yet to the final cut of the show, so I'll take your word for it! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

As a WDW girl, originally, I have to admit that there are definitely things i love about both places, and I really am not THATcompetetive about the two parks.

HOWEVER, I do like people to know all the facts about why things are the way there are here :teacher:, before they rag on them, so that they make an EDUCATED lunatic rant about why they hate DL :furious:.

Come to think of it, I like people to make educated rants on any topic! :thumbsup2

Love your crazy Google Earth self, Jack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter