A Quicky at the Wilderness Lodge 10/9/2021 Whispering Canyon Cafe and We Say Goodbye!

This was the first time in a long time that our flight was on time and didn't experience any turbulence along the way.
We've had good luck with the first flight out of Midway because the plane sits there overnight. I will admit that I am a little nervous about our October trip. We are taking the second flight out, the 7am flight, because it cost $49 versus the $166 we paid for the 6am flight. Actually - we are lucky to have so many choices at Midway. :)
The first order of business was going back to Gideon's.
I can't believe how empty Disney Springs is. It looks like you hit the best time to go there. :)

Lunch today was at our favorite restaurant in all of Disney, Wine Bar George. If you have been reading my TR's, you know Joe and I make it a point to visit WBG every time we come to Disney, which lately, has been a lot. We chose to sit outside and were given a table overlooking DS and Jock Lindsey's, win!!! We started with drinks. Joe ordered the Wine Bar George Old Fashioned, Hooten Young American Whiskey, Aromatic, and Orange Bitters. He also got this in a Darth Vader Corkcicle. We are both big Corkcicle fans and he was happy to add this to his ever-growing collection. I had the Freaujolais, Beaujolais, Vodka, Raspberry. I can say this was so refreshing and I've now knocked every frozen cocktail off the list at this establishment, lol.

For our entrees, Joe had the Ibérico Pork Pluma, with Yukon potatoes confit. Joe loved this. It also came with shaved Brussel sprouts. Now, Joe hates Brussel sprouts and all but licked his plate clean if that's any indication of how well they were cooked. He said he loved how all the flavors melded so well together and said he would definitely order this again. I ordered the Burrata, San Marzano tomatoes / olive oil / grilled bread. I basically get this every time. It's so delicious and the cheese just melts in your mouth. This is quite possibly one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. I say this in every TR, but if you haven't dined at WBG, by golly, you need to make a reservation next time you are in town...

After lunch we walked around a bit and did some shopping. We had also received our room ready text and were very excited to check out our room at the Wilderness Lodge. This is my favorite resort on property and Joe and I hadn't stayed here since the Epic Trip in 2019...

Next up, Joe and I check out our new home for the next 2 days and meet the besties at Territory Lounge...

Has anyone else seen this in DS? It made Joe and I laugh so hard!!!

We also finally found the Orange Bird wall! Yay!

For our entrees, Joe had the Ibérico Pork Pluma, with Yukon potatoes confit. Joe loved this. It also came with shaved Brussel sprouts. Now, Joe hates Brussel sprouts and all but licked his plate clean if that's any indication of how well they were cooked. He said he loved how all the flavors melded so well together and said he would definitely order this again. I ordered the Burrata, San Marzano tomatoes / olive oil / grilled bread. I basically get this every time. It's so delicious and the cheese just melts in your mouth. This is quite possibly one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. I say this in every TR, but if you haven't dined at WBG, by golly, you need to make a reservation next time you are in town...
That meal at WBG looks phenomenal!! Definitely on the list for March! I love the refurbed WL rooms. I only hope the refurb at Boulder Ridge turns out as nice. :)

That meal at WBG looks phenomenal!! Definitely on the list for March! I love the refurbed WL rooms. I only hope the refurb at Boulder Ridge turns out as nice. :)
I'm sure they will be very comparable. We are staying here again in a few weeks and I am sooooo beyond excited. We were originally at ASMo and AoA but switched over to WL in place of AoA.

I loved your room tour of the newly refurbed king room. The king bed makes the room look very spacious. I agree with you that they did a very nice job with the refurbishment. We haven't stayed at the Wilderness Lodge since 2019 and we are really looking forward to our trip at the end of this month. :)

I loved your room tour of the newly refurbed king room. The king bed makes the room look very spacious. I agree with you that they did a very nice job with the refurbishment. We haven't stayed at the Wilderness Lodge since 2019 and we are really looking forward to our trip at the end of this month. :)
This was our first time back since 2019 and we were just blown away. Everything looked so new and fresh. Can't wait to be back at the end of the month too!!!

I’m here enjoying the reviews!
I agree with WBG so wonderful, we had drinks there this last trip and awesome as always.
love the refurbed rooms at WL!
Hi Caroline!
I think WBG is our favorite restaurant on property (besides Bull and Bear).
Can't wait to stay at WL again in just a few weeks.

After checking out our new digs (which we both absolutely loved), Joe and I wanted to spend some time at the pool. We did this for a little bit but all too soon it was time to shower and freshen up. We were meeting @CruellaNY and Steve at the Territory Lounge for drinks and then Joe and I were having a quick dinner with Timmy at Geyser Point and then planned on more drinks with Ariane and Steve.

It was so good to see our friends. It had only been about 6 months but it felt like FOREVER!!!!! I started with a Vodka Cran. I have no idea what everyone else had. From the cup, I know Steve had a Mule. We were only able to have 1 round this time because the besties had a dinner reservation at Topolinos and we had a date with our son.

We parted ways for a bit. Joe and I took Tim to dinner at GP. I think we only waited about 15 minutes for a table. It was nice to spend time with our CM son and relax in one of our favorite lounges on property. I think Ariane and Steve returned about 9 or so. Tim left. He had to work the next morning. The 4 of us closed down the bar. Rob was our server and Josh was our bartender. They were absolutely amazing! We drank, and drank and drank a little bit more. Ariane and I also watched the Electric Water Parade. We had fun imitating the water floats (Don't ask. I'm sure there's a video out there somewhere)...Anyway, we closed down the bar (like I said earlier). This wouldn't be the first or last time this happens...

Next up, breakfast at Olivia's. Yep, you knew this was coming if you have followed along on previous reports. Olivia's is one of our favorite breakfast spots on property and they serve up a mean Bloody.

Shrimp on the Wire

Cheesy BBQ Brisket with Homemade Chips

Bison Burger

Huckleberry Punch and Sunshine Margarita

As usual I'm late to this party but glad to have found another one of your TR's.

It was time to try the Peanut Butter Cold Brew.

This sounds so good. The ginger snap also sounds delish.

I've now knocked every frozen cocktail off the list at this establishment, lol.

Well there's an accomplishment to be proud of lol.

You guys look like so much fun to hang out with!!

Stop posting so dang much I can't keep up :earboy2:

t was time to try the Peanut Butter Cold Brew. Can you all believe we only waited about 10 minutes to get in AND there wasn't even a virtual queue?!?!
Wow! That is impressive. What time did you get there? Hoping to get there early next time so we can get some of those delicious goodies.

IYKYK!!!!!
I do not know :rotfl:

Lunch today was at our favorite restaurant in all of Disney, Wine Bar George. If you have been reading my TR's, you know Joe and I make it a point to visit WBG every time we come to Disney, which lately, has been a lot.
We have brunch planned for her next Saturday and I'm so excited. We didn't make it to WBG in June and I'm kicking myself for it

It also came with shaved Brussel sprouts. Now, Joe hates Brussel sprouts and all but licked his plate clean if that's any indication of how well they were cooked.
That is some serious brussels sprout love right there. But I've never met a sprout I didn't love

ordered the Burrata, San Marzano tomatoes / olive oil / grilled bread. I basically get this every time. It's so delicious and the cheese just melts in your mouth.
Yes!!!! Something tells me that between Casey and I one of us will be getting this

This is my favorite resort on property and Joe and I hadn't stayed here since the Epic Trip in 2019...

We were meeting @CruellaNY and Steve at the Territory Lounge for drinks and then Joe and I were having a quick dinner with Timmy at Geyser Point and then planned on more drinks with Ariane and Steve.
Was your friend Terry there? Yes I'm a dog with a bone or at least a Miller Lite :rotfl:

Love your dress

You really do know how to have fun!
Ticking off all the frozen cocktails on the list, drinks with besties, dinner with son who’s livng the dream and then shutting down the bar all while wearing some very stylish outfits. Think Tim isn’t the only one living their best life :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter