a quick question about the laundry

tramps’lady

Mouseketeer
Are the washing machines coin or credit card operated and are they available in each bathhouse or just certain ones? I think we are staying in preferred in two weeks and full hookup for after thanksgiving so really interested in those two areas.
Thanks

All the washers and dryers are credit card operated, you will also need your magic band to open the laundry room door at all times. There is 5 washers and 6 dryers in every comfort station. If you are staying in a preferred loop (100,200 or 300) there is one comfort station for the 100 and 200 loop while the 300 loop has its own comfort station. For full hook up sites (1600,1700,1800 and 1900) there is a CS 3/4 way around the 1600 loop that is shared with the 1500 loop also one at the entrance to the 1600 loop that is shared with 1800 and 1700. The third CS is in the 1900 loop and is shared with the 1700 loop. For the 2100 loop they share a CS with the 1100 loop. From my experience the busiest days to wash are Wednesday and Thursday as that is the middle of someones 7 day stay if they arrive on the weekend. Least busiest days are Sunday and Monday. Hope this helps and have fun.

Is there a place to park at the comfort stations, or do you have to walk or golf cart?
We aren't renting a golf cart, and I hate to have to carry baskets of laundry if it's too far.

Depends on what loop you are in. The CS that is between the 1600 and 1800 loop, there is parking across the street from it for GC. Other than that, I have seen people pull there carts right up next to the building, which I don't think is allowed.

My DW felt the same way about ME carrying the laundry, so we went out and bought a foldable wagon. Works real well.

This may be a totally dumb idea since I've never stayed there but, something I've done in AKL which has hallways that goes on forever, is having the dirty clothes in a trash bag inside our wheeled suitcases. Just roll it along. After they are clean, back into the suitcase. Not quite the same as walking around the fort, but just an idea instead of carrying a basket.

This may be a totally dumb idea since I've never stayed there but, something I've done in AKL which has hallways that goes on forever, is having the dirty clothes in a trash bag inside our wheeled suitcases. Just roll it along. After they are clean, back into the suitcase. Not quite the same as walking around the fort, but just an idea instead of carrying a basket.
Great idea for a hotel stay. As campers we put our clothes in the closet. So we don't bring a suitcase. I am not sure about tent campers.

I’m impressed that you know this much about the laundry station!

All the washers and dryers are credit card operated, you will also need your magic band to open the laundry room door at all times. There is 5 washers and 6 dryers in every comfort station. If you are staying in a preferred loop (100,200 or 300) there is one comfort station for the 100 and 200 loop while the 300 loop has its own comfort station. For full hook up sites (1600,1700,1800 and 1900) there is a CS 3/4 way around the 1600 loop that is shared with the 1500 loop also one at the entrance to the 1600 loop that is shared with 1800 and 1700. The third CS is in the 1900 loop and is shared with the 1700 loop. For the 2100 loop they share a CS with the 1100 loop. From my experience the busiest days to wash are Wednesday and Thursday as that is the middle of someones 7 day stay if they arrive on the weekend. Least busiest days are Sunday and Monday. Hope this helps and have fun.

Snowmedic, that is a great idea. I probably need to get a wagon before our trip.

We don't bring suitcases either; it would be one more thing to have to put somewhere. It's less cramped if we have our clothes in the cabinets and put a laundry basket under the bed.

@snowmedic that is exactly my setup for laundry. Basket in yeti’s wagon with detergent. I just usually have laundry stacked pretty high. We bought our wagon for yeti but we get lots of use out of it. Especially when loading up to take the rig out.

We use an IKEA bag - holds tons of stuff and folds very small and flat to carry.
That's how I take groceries and clothes out to the camper before a trip. It's amazing how much those things can carry.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter