• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Quick One Night Trip?

krisb1969

Earning My Ears
Hi All!
Wondering if anyone has done a quick one night trip to Disney? When I let my mind wander it's fun thinking of jumping on a plane early on a Saturday and coming back later at night on Sunday. I'd be interested in hearing of anyone's experiences if they've done this! Was it worth it? Thanks!!

Hi All!
Wondering if anyone has done a quick one night trip to Disney? When I let my mind wander it's fun thinking of jumping on a plane early on a Saturday and coming back later at night on Sunday. I'd be interested in hearing of anyone's experiences if they've done this! Was it worth it? Thanks!!
Well, I wouldn't be "jumping on a plane" or visiting Disney at this time, at any rate.

Hi All!
Even without COVID, it seems fairly expensive for not a lot of enjoyment. How long to get to your airport? How long is the flight? Do you have AP tickets or would you need two day tickets (EXPENSIVE)? Add in COVID when the parks aren't at full capacity for entertainment nor hours, and that's IF you can get a reservation. There's a lot of things to factor in IMO.

Hi All!
Sorry, no personal experience. But I would love to do that! Not sure if it would be worth it from California.

Where would you be flying from?

We did this back in February! Flew down from Ohio just to go to the Epcot Festival of the Arts. Was fun but exhausting to turn around and fly home so quickly.

We've talked about it but never pulled the trigger. My husband would need to take off the Monday bc his body just doesn't work on too little sleep.

But we have done 2 night trips. We took a 6 am flight on Friday and came home probably around 1 pm on Sunday. We spent Friday at Disney Studios to see the Osborne lights for the last time and then Saturday at the MK. It was a super fun weekend!!

Hi All!
We have talked about it. Occasionally there are some crazy cheap airfares from Spirit and Frontier from Atlanta to Orlando. We grabbed one for $34.45 per person round trip in July and visited Universal Studios.

We have a trip to Disney in November but I feel like crowds will pick up by then and I want to experience the parks at the current crowd levels.

I have some price alerts I have setup in Google Flights. If the right flights show up again we will be off.

If the past we have flown home Monday morning, catching a 5:30am flight and just drove straight to work after having stayed at the Magic Kingdom until 3am. It makes for a tired day at work but anything for vacation!

Only if we were already in the area. We were visiting Central Florida about an hour away and planned a day trip. The shortest Disney destination trip we've ever done was 5 days.

I've done two-night trips and enjoyed them quite a bit. I don't think I'd go shorter than that, but if it's worth the money to you then go for it.

We did a very quick trip like this in 2018. Flew down from Atlanta to Orlando on a cheap Spirit flight, hung out at Wilderness Lodge during the day, and went to Not So Scary that evening. We went straight back to the airport afterwards and took our ~6am flight back to Atlanta that morning. It was a whirlwind! I wouldn't do it again, but spending so little money was nice.

I did a 2 night stay, solo trip once. It was alright. I didn’t pay for the flights, though so that probably influences my opinion.

All...the...time. And totally worth it. Now, I do have the benefit of flying for free but my trips are often same day down and back. I have done a one night stay a few times.

I most likely wont do it while the park reservation system is in effect since my trips are usually planned about 12 hours before my flight down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter