A question to all the females out there....

Thank you all so much for the advice, i still havent 100% decided yet however i am leaning towards disney unless i can find an amazing hotel on the beach for a beach holiday, just to answer a few questions, i am planning on taking her to disney fir 5 nights and i have been looking at either dream castle or kyriad! Hopefully she will say yes! Haha:goodvibes

Just something I noticed if your looking at the kyraid I often find its cheaper to book directly with Kyraid. Ive found you can get a room from around 50 euros a night.

Good luck with everything. Ive been with my DBF for 6 years and im still waiting for a ring.

^^Yeah I had a quick look at the kyriad website and found the hotel for 5 nights for 470euros which I think is about £420, which is not too bad really.

We have been together for 1 1/2 years but known each other for about 8 years! our first holiday was to Disney in Jan 2010! hopefully everything will come together in the next few weeks and then when I propose it will all be perfect!:)

Just wanted to say good luck! I'm sure you'll make the right choice - like others have said, you can always buy a more expensive in future but you can't get back that moment. I'd also go with looking for an antique/re-sold ring to get more for your ££!

Just an idea but, my husband bought me a gorgeous ring in Cinderella's castle a couple of years ago.
it's a silver band inset with Swarovski crystals in the shape of Mickey's head.
it wasn't that expensive but is lovely. :love:

Love this idea. :love:

I'd say go to Disney (IMO leave the beach thing for your honeymoon) buy one of these rings which are really pretty and not kiddylike at all, and then you can choose a ring together when you get home. IMO this way it's a win-win situation all round. :thumbsup2 You get to propose in Disney, and both you and your girlfriend can choose a ring together (I'd have hated not choosing my ring) plus she will always have the DLP one to treasure too. You've also got the option of saving for a bit longer once you get home if you still want to spend more on the real ring although your girlfriend may actually prefer a more inexpensive one. If you decide to take this Disney ring option then I'd suggest you choose it at Harrington's on Main Street (on the right-hand side as you're looking towards the Castle - jewellery is at the back of the shop) as it's much less crowded in there than at Merlin's Boutique inside the Castle and the lighting is much better.

Can't wait to hear the outcome of all this. :love:

^^That does seem a good idea, however my gf is a tradionalist she has always said she doesnt want to pick the ring. We actually inavertibly got onto the subject of engagement rings last night and she has said she doesn't really care about how expensive the ring is because thats not the most important thing. So I think its decided I am going to go with Disney, as its her favourite place, and we have so many fond memories here from our last 2 trips.

I have also found some amazing rings for about £700 (which my budget can stretch too now I have found a good deal for the Kyriad) which you design yourself and they deliver it to you, they look like they are worth double the price!

Now I have just got to finalise the everything, like how I am going to do it, she does not like alot of fuss, so I am thinking one of the nights we'll go for a walk around the lake and while the fireworks are going off in the background ill propose, I have a whole speech planned, and I am also going to see If I can get champaign and roses delivered to the room for when we get back (not sure if Kyriad do anything like this, but maybe as its a special occasion)

Fingers crossed everything goes to plan!! :goodvibes

^^That does seem a good idea, however my gf is a tradionalist she has always said she doesnt want to pick the ring. We actually inavertibly got onto the subject of engagement rings last night and she has said she doesn't really care about how expensive the ring is because thats not the most important thing. So I think its decided I am going to go with Disney, as its her favourite place, and we have so many fond memories here from our last 2 trips.

Phew - now you know you're on the right track! hope she hasn't been lurking on the boards!

Sounds amazing - can't wait to hear how it goes!

haha! I hope she doesn't lurk on these boards too!! as far as i'm aware she doesn't know about these boards, and I always make sure I clear the history when I have been on here so hopefully she doesn't know!

Late to the party but just wanted to say good luck with everything! :goodvibes Sounds amazing and I'm sure she will appreciate it all. I would have Disney over a ring any day, and as others have said the memories that you'll have forever will be much more magical :lovestruc

I'm off to WDW this October and have dreamt of a Disney proposal (and have been hinting at it!!) so I'm sure she will absoultely love it. Let us know how you get on! :yay:

Awww I think thats lovely. I have to say I want my other half to choose the ring as well so understand where your coming from.

If the kyraid doesnt do it you could always try and sneak some in your luggage. Im really pleased you have chosen disney it sounds like its a special place to the both of you and also somewhere she loves :love:

Good luck with it all and please come back on and let us know the outcome.

Thank you all! I certainly will keep you all updated! yeah Disney is special to both of us, I mean our first date was seeing UP at the cinema! :lmao:

Ahh yeah I could sneak some champaign in there with me if they dont do it!

I am a lurker here now for a little while and joined only now to reply to this thread!

I think it is an amazing idea! I hope that my proposal involves Disney in some way! And my bf knows full well that I want it to haha :rolleyes1

Have you checked the alpharooms website for prices for hotels? I booked the radisson with them for the summer, €328 for 3 nights... Might be a bit more romatic than the Kyriad :love:. They also have rooms in the Magic Circus and the Dream Castle.

Whatever you choose I hope you have a fantastic time!

P.S. I hope this message doesn't seem like spam! I just wondered were you aware of this website where you might get a better deal! :thumbsup2

^^Thanks for that I will give that website a try, we stayed at the Dream Castle the last 2 times we have been and loved it, I am a bit worried the Kyriad might be a downgrade, but reviews are really good for it, but I may look at the radisson, however I have heard that shuttle for that hotel only runs every 30 minutes and does not run as late as the other offsite hotels, does anyone know if this is true?

^^Thanks for that I will give that website a try, we stayed at the Dream Castle the last 2 times we have been and loved it, I am a bit worried the Kyriad might be a downgrade, but reviews are really good for it, but I may look at the radisson, however I have heard that shuttle for that hotel only runs every 30 minutes and does not run as late as the other offsite hotels, does anyone know if this is true?

I have heard that too but I emailed the Radisson about it and the emailed me back their bus timetable.. Since I am only new here I cannot post a link to it.

The bus varies according to park opening hours.. We chose the Radisson because we have Annual Passes and thought €328 for 3 nights was a great price... The Dream Castle was slightly more but we thought if we have to fork out €10 for a taxi back it is no big deal.

On the timetable the sent me it indicates that if the park is open until 10pm, the last shuttle back is at 23:15. If the park is open until 11pm, the last shuttle is 2:15am.

However you may be more reassured by emailing them yourself for this information :thumbsup2

I had a quick look at alpha rooms and the Radisson is coming up at £780 for 5 nights which is a bit expensive considering we wont spend much time in the hotel, Dream Castle is £700 and Magic Circus is £650, ill have another look around but if not ill just go ahead and book the Kyriad the rooms look nice enough and the reviews are great for it!

I've stayed in the Kyriad & found it to fine. Rooms very clean, tea & coffee facilities in the room. Its basic but its somewhere to sleep:thumbsup2

I had a quick look at alpha rooms and the Radisson is coming up at £780 for 5 nights which is a bit expensive considering we wont spend much time in the hotel, Dream Castle is £700 and Magic Circus is £650, ill have another look around but if not ill just go ahead and book the Kyriad the rooms look nice enough and the reviews are great for it!

The Kyraid (although never stayed there looks lovely) and to be honest I wouldnt really recommened the Radisson. Although the hotel itself is lovely its not disney at all and when we stayed it felt like we had to wait forever for buses.

I think the Kyraid is a good option it generally gets very good reviews.

Oh wow ok its working out quite expensive! It was worth a shot though!

Ok so things are starting to come together now, I have booked the Kyriad for £433 for 5 nights which isn't too bad, I will be ordering the Annual Dream Passes from CE-Multiavantage in the next few days for 149euros each and I think I may have found the ring, found it on the web, its £720 which is fine in my budget now, looks really nice, however I have just found out its only 0.40 carat which is meant to be really small so may have to have another look for the ring, its difficult to judge from just a picture online!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter