A question regarding mixed reservations

chapie1968

DIS Veteran
I was able to snag 6 nights at the Fort this upcoming Christmas.

The first 4 nights are at a preferred site. The last 2 are at a Premium Meadow site.
This being the issue. We will be renting a travel trailer this time that will be dropped off and we will be unable to move it. Will Disney accommodate us and allow us to stay in the preferred site and give up the Premium site for those last 2 nights?

I was thinking I might be able to get one of my Fort neighbors to move it if I must, but the site change day is actually Christmas Day and I don't want to bother anyone. Would Disney be able to move it for us.

Anyone have any experience regarding this kind of mixed reservation? We were just so thrilled to score ressies at the Fort for Christmas we jumped on them.

Disney won't move it for you and it is unlikely, that time of year, Disney would accommodate you and allow you to stay on the Preferred site. If all the Preferred sites are booked on the days you need to move, there isn't a way for Disney to accommodate you. Normally, the Fort is full at Christmas. This year is obviously different. I think people are holding onto reservations until the last minute hoping the pandemic status improves.

My recommendation is to hang on to the Premium Meadows reservation, but keep checking daily (or multiple times a day as you get closer to the cancellation window) for the Preferred site nights. Try single day reservations for each night separately. Others have seen no availability for 2 (or more) days, but can get an individual reservation for each day. The oddities of the Disney reservation system.

j

Keep calling them. I had to move sites over halloween last year. And ask at check in of you couldn't change it. They might be able to help.

If you can't find the extra preferred nights, maybe the company you rented from will come move it for you? I think we would be nervous helping a Fort neighbor move a camper that wasn't ours and wasn't theirs, although I'm sure there are people wouldn't have those reservations.

You need to just keep checking to see if the additional nights show up on either category. Whichever one opens up, grab it and cancel the others. You have better chance of this happening as date gets closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter