A question regarding Eurostar and Passports!

megarasweet

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I are going to Disneyland in just over two months, however we've come across a small hiccup in our planning.

My boyfriend has recently changed his surname for personal reasons, and while changing the name of our booking was easy enough, getting him a new passport is going to be a little pricey (especially since we've both just started university!).

So my question is this, with Eurostar will they check his passport alongside the name on his ticket? The passport is only six months old so the photo is recent and it's far from out of date, so will it work despite having his old name?

One thing we have considered is taking a copy of his deed poll certificate with us, however with the number of stories I have heard with Eurostar letting little things slip I'm not sure if it's necessary.

I'd love to hear from those with experience travelling with Eurostar as it's our first time - thanks in advance!

I know this isn't the definitive answer, but they didn't even ask to see our passports going to DLP. They had a quick look at them when we left DLP for home, but they certainly never checked the names against those on the tickets.

Can you not change the name on the ticket again?

My experience of travelling by Eurostar from both Ashford and Ebbsfleet is that on all occasions (quite a few) my passport has been checked but not alongside the ticket.

I haven't ever had to show both together going to DLP but i have had to show both together on the direct train back from Disney.(hope that makes sense)

If you are like me and worry about things then i would definately be making some phone calls to check whether of not taking the deed poll certificate would be enough.
If it were me i would probably be get a new passport just to be safe. :goodvibes

Can you not change the name on the ticket again?

This is looking like our most likely option, just to be on the safe side!

Poppie is right though, there are definitely some phone calls to be made. If worst comes to worst we'll scrape together the money for a new passport, however we're just looking around to see if we can weasel our way around it. :goodvibes

I think you'll be fine going to DLP, but coming back to UK they might be stricter - although I'm sure they just checked our passports only, not tickets, at St Pancras in June. Don't think they checked passports at all when going in to France (Lille), just when checking in at St Pancras.

They are probably entitled to ask to check the ticket though- so if it were me (a chronic worrier) I'd try and get the ticket name changed, or take the deed poll cert, if getting a new ppt isn't possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter