A Question for Those Who Have Stayed a the HGVC

BethR

<font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c
Hi All!

Getting ready to start packing and I was wondering if we need to take soap, shampoo, dishwasher detergent, etc. When we rent a condo at the beach we need to take ALL of the above items (plus MANY more! :D). Just wondering if we need to do the same here.

Thanks so much! :)

I'm headed there too (not until November though) and I would like to know to. I'll add to your list. WHat about paper towels and laundry detergent. I've never stayed in a timeshare before so if anyone can think of any other household supplies I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks.

While I have not stayed there (only at the Marriot time shares) I just wanted to remind you that you can save a lot of room by waiting to purchase these type of things at the nearby superwalmart. The prices where much cheaper than at home plus I did not have to lug them along!

At the marriot, they did provide dish detergent, dishwasher soap, and I belive also shampoo and soap. There was no washing machine detergent though or dryer sheets. I'm not sure about the paper towels, I know that at the rate we use them I did buy my own rolls.

I cannot remember all the specific at that resort. But in the area, nearly every resort we've visited has supplied a starter packet or two of dishwasher powder, small bottle of liquid dish soap, paper towels, new sponge or handwash dish towel, bath tissue, tissue box, a starter box of Tide detergent, hand soap in at least one bathroom and usually, coffee filters for their coffee maker. They also have a vacuum, broom, iron & board, laundry basket, and other essentials somewhere inside the villa.

If you don't find a hair dryer on the bathroom wall (most have them), call and ask for one & they'll bring it. They will also bring any odd kitchen need that's not part of the standard equipment for that unit. Sometimes a unit doesn't have a blender, a mixer or an extra large roaster pan or cookie sheet, yet these are usually available for the asking (discovered on some Thanksgiving trips). So bring along:

--- your favorite soap, lotion and/or powder, if they matter
--- shampoo/conditioner
--- extra laundry detergent (in ziplocs, measured for small stacked washer size)
--- dryer sheets
--- favorite coffee
--- salt/pepper/sugar/condiments
--- favorite bubble bath for jacuzzi (remember that a capful is PLENTY!)
--- wait until you get there to see if they supply a small box of Cascade dishwasher powder or extra packets to last a week or only one.

Hope that helps! ...Lisa P.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter