A question for the geeks on here....

There could be a few cool rides based on the story, for certain. A star tours-type ride where you test out the infinite improbability drive or maybe a track ride visiting the Magrathean planetary construction site (with voiceovers by Slartibartfast, of course).

Disney rarely licenses rights from outside IP to build attractions, so it's pretty unlikely. It looks like the rights to HHGTTG were bought in 2010 by a British niche media conglomerate.

If anyone could make a whale appear out of thin air, it would be Disney....

And yes, the movie is complete rubbish compared to the books....

I adore Hitchhiker's Guide and the other Douglas Adams books. I grew up reading those books, then later listening to the audio books. And of course, I played the Infocom game on my Commodore 64. Anyone else remember that?

The books really seem to have a very 80's feel to me, but maybe that is just because I associate them with my childhood.

I'd certainly go to any park that used the theme. Memories, memories .....

Last edited:
As with most things, the movie was a pale, pale imitation of an amazing set of books.

Which themselves were based on an amazing radio series (although the books and original radio series are somewhat different ... sort of)

Possibly. But I dread the idea of having to sing IASW out loud just to get the Vogon poetry out of my head.

They can't read you Vogon poetry, too much of a liability issue. Someone could seriously injure themselves trying to get away from that poetry.

As for my opinion...
Would I like to see this? YES!
Do I think it's going to happen? No - I think we have a better chance of getting the question to life, the universe, and everything than we do of anything H2G2 popping up at Disney.
Also, security would probably be baffled by the sheer number of people bringing towels into the park.

I read the books too. And yes, the movie is kind of corny but come on, not every Sci fi movie is epic. Some gather cult followings even though they are bad. Look at the adventures of buckaroo bonsai

Love the books, but the fanbase is nowhere near large enough for this to ever be a possibility, and it isn't exactly "Disney."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter