a question for the cord cutters - best streaming service for live tv

There's a service (it's supposed to be national) that is started by a company in Riverside, CA called "STREAM TV"

Started by Nations Rent-to-Own, Sales and Leasing in Riverside, CA. It's advertised as:

StreamTV is here!!
Internet TV
Only $399.99
No Contracts – No Monthly Fees (EVER!!)
You Own the Box

What’s Included:
Live TV from 150+ HD Network Channels
(English and Spanish)
34 Premium HD Channels
85 Sport HD Channels
All Sports Packages
On Demand Movies & Music
And Much, Much More -

Call or Visit for Details and Demonstration

We Compete with the Cable and Satellite Companies

NO ONGOING FEES

2 Year Warranty

IT’S TIME TO CUT THE CABLE!!!

9758 Magnolia Ave, Riverside 92503
Ph: 951-352-5555

Hablamos Español

Open
Tues - Friday 10a - 7p
Saturday 10a - 6p

Family Own and Operated for more than 20 years

Anyhow, when I was in the area (I'm going to various stores trying to set up donation boxes for a charity that I work with collecting toys for foster children, but that's another story), I spoke with the owner. It sounded like a good deal, but I don't have internet at home so it wouldn't work for me. It sounds like you buy the box for $400, have a good internet connection, and that's it. It seems to download updates a lot (for different movies, etc.) You get live TV, premium channels, etc. But it seems like one box works for one TV. There's probably a way to purchase it for more than one TV, but I didn't ask for further details (again, no internet at home since all I watch is regular network TV).

^^That's a copy & paste from their Facebook page^^

We just ditched DirecTV and are using PlayStationVue and adding Philo when needed. I used a website to figure out which service had the best combo of channels for our needs. So far it has been fine. PSVue's interface is a little clunky, but I can deal with that when I am saving $60 a month.

There's a service (it's supposed to be national) that is started by a company in Riverside, CA called "STREAM TV"
Sounds like a bad investment to me. People have forever been trying to find ways around the fact that television programming is someone else's property for which they have a right to charge you money to access. The fact of the matter is that programming is protected by copyright and retransmission without permission is illegal, even if you come up with new technology to break the encryption used to protect the programming. As soon as that device gets any significant amount of attention, the law will come down on it hard, just like with Aereo https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13pdf/13-461_l537.pdf, and the broadcasters will block its access.

I did not post to this thread, but I bookmarked it because I was interested in cutting the cord. I recently ditched AT&T for Internet and DISH. AT&T was fine to drop, but DISH was a PITB. The last guy laid on the guilt and then LIED to me about whether I could still watch the recorded shows on my Hopper after I cancelled. He said "no" to get me to stay but the answer was "yes!". I ended up buying a Tivo Bolt (which I love) to use with Spectrum. I got a deal for 2 years for Internet and TV. After that, I am hoping the the streaming services will be better and my Tivo will be able to record OTA.

Edited: I upgraded my Tivo to a 4TB drive so I have plenty of room!
Do you pay a monthly or annual fee with Tivo? I looked on website and see a fee but do you have to pay it? I was thinking of getting mom a Tivo so she can record her shows as she does not have a DVR cable box (she won't pay for that upgrade). She has Comcast. Does the Tivo work with that to record her shows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter