A Positive Experience with the Disney booking people

ukstitch

<font color=deeppink>I'm not sure I'm quite your a
I just wanted to write about the really good customer service the UK booking line gave me when I phoned earlier.

DB (10) is special needs and so has a very selective diet meaning we have to take our own food as he insists on certain brands of food and drink etc, which is something even DLP would struggle to provide.

Unfortunately, this makes the half board a bad deal for us as we'd have to usually get a set of vouchers for DB, which would then go to waste.

However, I've just got off the phone with the booking people and after asking and explaining the situation, they ran off to check if it would be possible to arrange special diets to fit DB's very picky diet.

As they couldn't get hold of the DLH, they found somebody else, who agreed to authorise a "special case" for our booking, which would allow us to only receive half board vouchers for the 3 adults.

I'm really impressed at the exceptions DLRP are willing to make at times for special needs and other disabilities. They've made exceptions for DB in the past (not charging us for him in buffets etc), so it's :wizard: that they're prepared to allow us to bend the half board rules as well, especially with the exchange rate as poor as it is right now.

As we eat 1 table service a day, the half board should be well worth the money spent on it, so we'll be phoning back tomorrow to ask them to add it to our booking.

They did mention that the decision could be reversed when we call back, but hopefully it will still be ok.

That is really nice of them. Glad you can have it all sorted out. :thumbsup2

Its always good to hear of great customer service :thumbsup2 .

I have to say, even when they've been giving me news I didn't particularly like (like room prices for onsite hotels :scared1: ) I've always found the CMs on the Disney phone lines extremely courteous, helpful and friendly.

thats really good - I hope everything will be OK with it when you ring back tomorrow to add it :goodvibes

That's really good to hear. :thumbsup2 Here's some :wizard: :wizard: that you get the same response when you phone back.

That's great news!! Hope they'll still be fine about it when you ring them back!

:thumbsup2 to DLRP for bending the rules in special circumstances and :thumbsup2 for reporting good customer service. People are far too quick to suddenly post bad customer service but never so quick to post about good customer services.

Just a short update to say that I've just got off the phone with DLRP and they have once again granted our requested :wizard:

I guess they have to officially justify the exception as they asked a couple of questions about DB and got me to confirm that he would not be having half board due to "severe dietary restrictions".

they also have to disappear to talk to a guest relations person of some kind, who I guess has to authorise the exception.

I'm so glad they've done this for us though, as it means that we don't have to "waste" 44 euros on premium vouchers for DB, but still get to take advantage of the superior exchange rate you get by getting half board.

Woo hoo :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: that's really good to hear. Well done DLRP for such great service!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter