A New Idea for Autographs

Looks like a cute book and the price is great. Only challenge I see is carrying it around all the time. I can see the getting old after a day. Small autograph books seem easier to carry.

Would you carry around one for each child?

I have 3 and that would seem heavy.

If you can do it I think it would be a great keepsake.

We used this book last year, it was great! Lots of extra character interaction, and it made it much easier to explain why we didn't need someone to autograph again that we already saw, saved me from waiting in sone character lines.
The best interaction as a result of the book was at hs, we waited to meet buzz and woody and buzz insisted told us to wait very insistently, he left through the character door, and returned with jesse's auto!! My son thought it was the coolest thing. Plus, he had a great time playing with woody while we waited for buzz to get back.
Last year we had a stroller and I had it in one of those string backpacks and left it unless we were planning to see characters. I'm not sure if it is coming back this year since we don't need the stroller. It is definitely a great book!

We used this book too. So great. I actually had it laminated and coil bound before we left and it was nice to lay the book flat. The characters that weren't in the book signed on the cover and the inside of the book front and back.

GREAT BOOK!

What ages are your kids who like this book? Is my DS who will be 10 at that weird age where it might be too babyish? I would love to get a copy for all 3 of my DKs, but not if he won't like it.

Looks like a cute book and the price is great. Only challenge I see is carrying it around all the time. I can see the getting old after a day. Small autograph books seem easier to carry.

Would you carry around one for each child?

I have 3 and that would seem heavy.

If you can do it I think it would be a great keepsake.

My kids are 2 and 7 so I would only get one. Your point of carrying the book is well taken, we will have a stroller though, so will just through it in the basket and away we go!

We used this book too. So great. I actually had it laminated and coil bound before we left and it was nice to lay the book flat. The characters that weren't in the book signed on the cover and the inside of the book front and back.

GREAT BOOK!

Great ideas, thanks.

We used that book in May ...... Was a great idea but about halfway through the trip i was tired of carrying it. It just got heavy but it was a fun idea. Our daughter was 2 1/2 at the time and it was useful in some situations to keep her occupied for a bit......

GREAT BOOK!

This is a great idea. How did you do it? Did you cut each page out and then have each page laminated and then bound them again? Did you do this yourself or did you take it somewhere that did it for you?

FANTASTIC IDEA!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: I was going to get the regular autograph book...this is so much for fun ! Thank you for posting this !

GREAT BOOK!

I am interested in how you did this too!

I am interested in how you did this too!

I don't know about the laminating, but any copy service place (Kinko's, Staples, Office Depot, etc) would be able to coil the book for you. They'd just have to cut off the book's spine and then re-bind it. I do this with study books all the time!

Thanks for the info about coiling, I probably wouldn't worry about the laminating anyway, might make it difficult for the characters to sign?

I PMd the poster re: the laminating and binding and asked if they could return to the thread and let us know how it was done.

Kinkos and Staples would be a good option. I just wonder if we would have to cut the spine or would they do it. Also what would it cost? The front and back covers are a little flimsy and the laminating could help those areas especially since it will be handled often.

Just received my book (oh, I meant my kids' book :lmao:) this weekend. It's great, we can't wait to use it in 27 DAYS!!:banana:

For those of you that have this book, did you get one for each child? Also, if anyone of you do go to Kinkos or Staples to get it "coiled" ;) could you post the cost? Both of these places are kinda far and I would hate to drive all the way there and find out the price is ridiculous! TIA :goodvibes

For those of you that have this book, did you get one for each child? Also, if anyone of you do go to Kinkos or Staples to get it "coiled" ;) could you post the cost? Both of these places are kinda far and I would hate to drive all the way there and find out the price is ridiculous! TIA :goodvibes

I bought just one book for my 2 kids. My kids are 7 and 2 though, so the 2 yo wouldn't care one way or the other. I would ask your kids if they are willing to share one "very special" keepsake. I think carrying around more than one would be annoying, but your kids fighting over the book could be much worse. :scared1:

I am also interested in the coiling costs and will be stalking the thread until someone who has done it, or taken the itiative to call staples or kinkos, posts the answer. :surfweb:

The last time I had Kinko's do this, it was for a study manual... they cut off the book's existing spine and the rebound it with coil (other options are available). I want to say the cost was just under $10, and the book was about an inch thick. So it may not be that much for a smaller book.

Thanks for showing us this i just got 2 of them for my girls when we go next yr. I will be giving them 2 them before we get there as a present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter