*~*~*a magical visit to Disney 2016*~*~*

disneydude365

In dreams you will lose your heartaches
so last week on the 9th we packed our bags and made our way to Seminole Florida for a long weekend vacation with a couple days at Disney that was MUCH needed after a stressful few weeks. Pictures and events leading up to the trip will be posted. Hope everyone enjoys the ride!!

ok so im gonna start off saying that the last few weeks leading up to the big vacation were and honest train wreck, i had a lot of issues with my SSI, a shipment of my medicine that i take weekly for an infusion was left out and ruined accidentally, and i had and then had to leave my first job for the mishandling of my case nearly lost me my insurance that pays for those weekly infusions. so you can easily say i was ready to get away and relax.

so after a day at the beach in seminole florida we had dinner and got to bed early as we had a Big day planned for the following morning, we woke up around 3:00am and traveled to disney!! we got to our resort around 5:30 am and had did the online check in so thankfully we had our room ready once we checked in. After dropping our stuff off in the room and swinging by front desk to fix an issue with my friends magic band (wouldn't unlock our door), we made our way to ticket and transportation center parking lot. we were the first ones there!! was so interesting seeing the area so empty (we were attempting rope drop)IMG_0085.jpg IMG_0550.jpg it was around 7am it was such an interesting sight to see.

well we got to board the monorail and we were the first ones on!!IMG_0551.jpg
once we got to MK we had our bags searched and got through the touch points i had the easter band and the effects were really cool to see even the cast member was excited to see! then we headed towards the entrance and saw the rope literally the first people for rope drop!! while we couldn't see the welcome show that well we did hear it, and then the rope dropped i was using a walker so i made my way to a quick right and went to go meet Mickey as my friend experience the rope drop run down main street she came back not too long lol! and we met the mouse! ill be honest i loved talking Mickey my friend said it was a little disturbing for her to see lips moveimage.jpeg

after meeting Mickey mouse we had a few main street photosimage.jpeg taken and went to get a scooter, and the DAS linked up all went over very smoothly and apparently i was still on file just needed to re activate!! after that was done i rushed over to the hat store located on main street and got a new pair of ears, i had wanted to get never grow up embroidered but sadly they weren't allowed to do that. i thanked the cast member for trying to see if he could with a little thank you note i and prepared some for the trip to hand out to cast members he seemed really like he appreciated it! made me happy!
So with ears ready, and memory maker one day pass just being purchased we were finally ready to start our day being at rope drop i got some really nice empty park photos that made me feel like briefly the park was mine lolimage.jpeg

Last edited:
we then proceeded to ride splash and big thunder mountain both were a blast and no wait time though splash mountain the last scene with brier rabbit and the bird wasn't working you heard the sound but the characters weren't moving image.jpegThroughly the day we also rode jungle cruise, philharmagic, Peter pans flight, the train and splash mountain a second time, though the second time I went in wrong line and wasted an hour in standby while we had a fast pass but with scooter was impossible to get out once we got in. We also sampled the dole whip float, Mickey pretzel, churro, fries with bbq on them, and got a candy apple!! We saw the 3pm parade it was so good I love that paradeimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Optimized-DSC_0055-1.jpg
this photo of Peter I love so much due to Angie and the sun it came out really bleached out but I'm happy with my editing skills I made it so colorful and warm!! image.jpeg

Last edited:
so after seeing the parade and throughout the day we met several interesting characters, first we took a trip to wonderland and we found Alice and the Mad hatter (a first time for me) and they were not too thrilled when i said peter was my favorite because he never grew up, they replied that neither do they, they only grow down. but despite the curiouser and curiouser conversations we had it was lovely getting to meet these two!image.jpeg

After we got out of wonderland we stumbled upon a rare sight (well for me it was lol as i had never got to meet her before either!) the one the only Fairy godmother!! this lady was so sweet and I'm so happy i finally got to meet her and reveal her my wish, she even drew when she signed her name a wand so i would have a wish for later to hold onto!image.jpeg

heading over to ride splash mountain the section time we ran into my buddies the chipmunks chip and dale!! i love these guys they are always fun to meet they always seem to love me before it was our turn they had already hauled me off and wanted to jump like tigger and wear my ear hat after they had signed it lol, plus at the end Dale decided i was too cool and wanted to leave with us we made it a little ways before his handler said she was sorry but what about all the other guests he looked back at them and kept walking with me haha (eventually he did go back though) but it was so fun and they really were a big highlight of the day :)
image.jpeg

lastly after we got off the train we ran in and met Tinker Bell who must of had sugar that morning as she was wired lol, she loved my balloon and kept staring at her reflection, she's always nice to visit as well :) she told me to keep an eye on peter later tonight and not to let hook trap any fries in lanterns when she learned i was going to pirate and palls cruise that evening.image.jpeg

Last edited:
Love your trip reports. The photos of the empty areas are interesting. Excited to hear about Pirates and Pals. Thank you for sharing your adventures and the Magic!

after saying goodbye to tinker bell we returned the scooter and got a main street photo with the lights on,image.jpeg
and then we headed to the contemporary resort, now throughout the day i had been looking for the limited released magic band zootopia edition, it was scheduled to release in the park that day!! however, i was not having any luck finding it, all the stores hadn't even released them or seen them yet. finally while we were riding the train i noticed it popped up over at a gift store in the contemporary, so i figured id check when we went.​

so with app in hand and after i checked to see where the pirate and pals was meeting i ran to the fantasia gift store only to find out that they weren't on display there either i asked a couple of wonderful cast members about it and one even went to store room to check for me but alas still no sign of the band, we chatted about the app and how it must be hard to work with when sometimes the app is behind or ahead of schedule, they both felt so bad that i made the trip and had searched all day because of the app, but thanked them for their time and even gave both of them thank you cards i had made. i think they were touched, after i ran across the hall and checked in that store but was informed that store never sold magic bands despite the app showing it there, but i ended up buy a printed canvas wrap (which is now hung up on my wall, plus with my disney visa i got a nice discount off of it)
.image.jpeg
I love my little piece of disney i got to take home, after it was wrapped up we made our way to check into pirate and pals firework cruise!!​

Last edited:
Absolutely love that, think I might have to buy one when we're down soon! :)
I love Thomas kinkade never thought I'd own anything now I have two canvas prints that one and one from earlier trip his Peter Pan one!! Hope you get one and in my opinion they weren't prices too badly and they look great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter