A Loveletter to Old Podcasts

ItsLayne

Mouseketeer
About 20 hours before I head to the airport to return to the World, thought I would post this little thank you note for keeping the old podcasts online.

I took Pete's advice he gave a couple of months ago about going back and checking out some of the older podcasts. Long commutes to work (yay Houston traffic) have been drastically improved by this. Some of the information is way out of date, of course, but the humor is spot on - a little coarser than it is now, but I've laughed out loud so many times I'm probably becoming a danger to other drivers. One of the most amusing things was on one of the early podcasts, Pete was talking about people on the boards asking for pictures of the team, and saying that it wasn't going to happen - and now they're on Youtube every week. It's been interesting to listen to how the podcast evolved and changed over the course of 2007 alone!

So yeah, I just wanted to say thank you somewhere - not only is it a great way for some of us newer fans to get to know Bob, but it's made my drives to and from work alot more fun.

There's some true gems. I like to go back and listen To Kathy and Teresa's 101 series as well as some of the ones where Bob was on. The first time I heard Mo-Gee-Toes I laughed so hard my coworkers thought there was something wrong with me.

I also appreciate having the library of old episodes available. There's so much content (and laughs) that I never get bored.

And I can't mention old episodes without also saying I am very thankful for "tutus." :rotfl2:

I cut 2 acres of grass each week with a push mower, and these old podcasts keep me entertained and informed. That Fantasyland construction must be a nightmare, huh?

I love listening to old podcasts and hearing the team speculate on things that have now eventuated. I often find myself telling them out loud whether they were right or wrong (they are usually right). Luckily I listen when I'm cleaning at home so no-one hears me and thinks I'm crazy.

I love listening to old podcasts and hearing the team speculate on things that have now eventuated. I often find myself telling them out loud whether they were right or wrong (they are usually right). Luckily I listen when I'm cleaning at home so no-one hears me and thinks I'm crazy.
Yeah - but don't forget - we honor and appreciate each other's "crazy" here!! :grouphug:

I've been slowly going backwards through them for awhile now. It's interesting to hear the speculation and what people were looking forward to before some things came out and changed...

I remember how adamant they were about no pictures.

It was a jolt to go from the audio to video. I don't know if this will make anyone feel better but everyone in my head was younger, thinner and taller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter