A Loss, An Illness, Our Very Own Peter Pan & Making Many Happily Ever Afters

Life has been crazy lately.....only 29 days to go!! :dance3: Kids have their Disney shirts to wear on traveling day and the girls have their Minnie PJ's that they will probably be wearing every night until we leave. Now, we need to get the dresses princess:princess:....maybe we'll do Walmart next week for those. I have a rough list of things we have not done before: TSM, Soaring, Stunt show at DHS, Animation Imagination, Figment, Narnia, Jungle Cruise, Tom Saywers Island, Lion King Show at AK....still looking things up.
Anyone have an opinion regarding if we should try any of the grocery delivers when we are there? Trying to decide between that and bringing our snacks again and paying a fortune for my brother to have his beer. :scared1:

Life has been crazy lately.....only 29 days to go!! :dance3: Kids have their Disney shirts to wear on traveling day and the girls have their Minnie PJ's that they will probably be wearing every night until we leave. Now, we need to get the dresses princess:princess:....maybe we'll do Walmart next week for those. I have a rough list of things we have not done before: TSM, Soaring, Stunt show at DHS, Animation Imagination, Figment, Narnia, Jungle Cruise, Tom Saywers Island, Lion King Show at AK....still looking things up.
Anyone have an opinion regarding if we should try any of the grocery delivers when we are there? Trying to decide between that and bringing our snacks again and paying a fortune for my brother to have his beer. :scared1:

Only 29 days!?!?! You lucky ducky!

I have seen a lot of princess dresses at our local Wal-Mart so hopefully you can find some cute ones.

I like your list of "we have not done these" things. It's always nice to try and fit in something that's new to you. Be sure when you go to the fort on Tom Sawyer Island. We went to the island two times before we realized there was a fort. Last year, we finally found it and it's neat.

Oh gosh, don't miss the Festival of the Lion King. It is absolutely fabulous!

Last year, I used Garden Grocer and loved it. Even though we had a car at our disposal, it was well worth the delivery fee. There's a $40.00 minimum and a delivery fee of about $15.00. We ordered a case of water, a case of Diet Cokes, a case of Cokes, a half gallon of milk, pop tarts, Little Debbie's, cereal and bananas. They called us while we were on the road and asked if we had checked in yet. We told them we were about an hour away. So, they said they'd leave the groceries with Bell Services. When we arrived, we checked in and went to our room. Once there, we called Bell Services and they delivered it right to the room in about 15 minutes.

I haven't ordered an alcohol from Garden Grocer but I've read a lot of posters who have. I don't think the beer shows up on the Garden Grocer site but you can put it in a request box (or something similar) and they will add it to the list.

Only 29 days!?!?! You lucky ducky!

I have seen a lot of princess dresses at our local Wal-Mart so hopefully you can find some cute ones.

I like your list of "we have not done these" things. It's always nice to try and fit in something that's new to you. Be sure when you go to the fort on Tom Sawyer Island. We went to the island two times before we realized there was a fort. Last year, we finally found it and it's neat.

Oh gosh, don't miss the Festival of the Lion King. It is absolutely fabulous!

Last year, I used Garden Grocer and loved it. Even though we had a car at our disposal, it was well worth the delivery fee. There's a $40.00 minimum and a delivery fee of about $15.00. We ordered a case of water, a case of Diet Cokes, a case of Cokes, a half gallon of milk, pop tarts, Little Debbie's, cereal and bananas. They called us while we were on the road and asked if we had checked in yet. We told them we were about an hour away. So, they said they'd leave the groceries with Bell Services. When we arrived, we checked in and went to our room. Once there, we called Bell Services and they delivered it right to the room in about 15 minutes.

I haven't ordered an alcohol from Garden Grocer but I've read a lot of posters who have. I don't think the beer shows up on the Garden Grocer site but you can put it in a request box (or something similar) and they will add it to the list.

Thanks so much for all the info! You sure are a wealth of Disney knowledge! I have also heard about someone named Marge who delivers too. I will check into both again for sure.
I also forgot to add that I have to check into getting pins on Ebay to trade. Wow, lots to do I guess. :idea:

Thanks so much for all the info! You sure are a wealth of Disney knowledge! I have also heard about someone named Marge who delivers too. I will check into both again for sure.
I also forgot to add that I have to check into getting pins on Ebay to trade. Wow, lots to do I guess. :idea:

Guess what?!?! I have the name of a great ebayer who sells all kinds of Disney merchandise including pins. If you want to know his user name, send me a pm and I'll send it on to you. I've used him for many many years now.

Hi there! :wave: We'll be at CBR as well, but not for a little over a month after you. Great start on your PTR!

I laughed out loud when I saw the first picture you posted...she and my youngest would get along very well!

Hi there! :wave: We'll be at CBR as well, but not for a little over a month after you. Great start on your PTR!

I laughed out loud when I saw the first picture you posted...she and my youngest would get along very well!
Hi, welcome! I had to go back to remind myself which pic it was....she is a trip! You have a crazy baby too?! :) Thanks for reading!

Ok. So, the precious blue envelope with all of our ressies and vouchers came yesterday and everything looks perfect! Now it is really happening, we are going to be in Disney at this moment 4 weeks from now! :love:
My son (who turns 8 today :scared1:) and I have been busy on eBay trying to win a lot of twenty pins to divide and use for pin trading. Last time we went we paid $5-$10 per pin! Spent a small fortune needless to say. We are getting much smarter. We actually ended up with a lot of 10 and a lot of
20 (secondary to a miscommunication with my young son), but they were great prices so we are good. I might even do it this year. I wonder what theme my lanyard should have? My brother does Tinkerbell, my son does Hidden Mickeys and Star Wars and my daughter does princesses/Minnie and Mickeys. I think the hidden Mickey head thing is really fun, but Ry does that so we'll see. Can't wait to see them when they come.
As for the princess dresses, my oldest daughter has decided that she will be Aurora this time and baby should be Snow White so this week we will be on the hunt for those dresses. princess:princess:
Well, off to Nana's to celebrate my baby boy's birthday! Happy Easter all!

Just wanted to say hello and make a comment on many similarities. We are also traveling to WDW on May 1 and staying for 8 days. I also have 1 boy (almost 7) and 2 younger daughters (4 and 1). The last time we traveled to WDW I was also pregnant with baby #3 (but I did not have a situation like you did)! I also have 1 brother. I think you are from MA - is that right? My mother grew up in Melrose and my husband is from Concord. Anyway, so funny how many things we have in common!!

I like your trip report and can't believe how fast time is flying. Great idea to get dresses for the girls. I should do that. I love the pin idea too. Can you send me some info on that?

Looking forward to more updates!!

Just wanted to say hello and make a comment on many similarities. We are also traveling to WDW on May 1 and staying for 8 days. I also have 1 boy (almost 7) and 2 younger daughters (4 and 1). The last time we traveled to WDW I was also pregnant with baby #3 (but I did not have a situation like you did)! I also have 1 brother. I think you are from MA - is that right? My mother grew up in Melrose and my husband is from Concord. Anyway, so funny how many things we have in common!!

I like your trip report and can't believe how fast time is flying. Great idea to get dresses for the girls. I should do that. I love the pin idea too. Can you send me some info on that?

Looking forward to more updates!!
Wow! That is a lot of similiarities! Tell your husband I grew up in Harvard which is not too far from Concord. Where are you staying when you are at WDW? Glad you didn't have the same incident in MK when you were preggers with #3. LOL! Last time we got the dress in Disney, but people are saying that you can really only find them in DTD and it is much cheaper to get them here anyway so off to Walmart or Target we go this week. As for the pins, did you guys do lanyards and pin trading last time? We did very well getting pins on eBay, although I have not recieved them yet to be 100% sure. When I get them and find that everything is as stated I will let you know the eBay seller info so maybe you could look them up too. I am not sure if you want general pin trading info or not, but if you do basically you buy a lanyard starter set, which usually comes with about 5 pins for trading. The kids can trade with any CM for any pin and they just have to give up one of theirs to the CM. The CMs pretty much have to trade with kids. Adults can only trade with a certain color (I think green). Of course, you can trade with other visitors too, which my kids ended up doing in lines and such. I can tell you that pin trading became a HUGE unexpected part of our trip last time. They just loved it. As I mentioned before, it can get very expensive buying all the pins in WDW so I saved a pile of cash getting them on eBay. Instead of paying $5-10 per pin we paid $13 for 20 pins on eBay. Hope I answered your question. Thanks so much for reading! Do you have a Pre-trip report?

Well, it has been a good couple days of Disney magic here. Our first set of 10 pins came yesterday and everyone was so excited. There were some goodies that are going to be hard to trade away, but we keep reminding ourselves that is why we got them. We are waiting for the set of 20 and then we will divide them up between the 4 of us because I too will be a freak with a lanyard this year! What theme to choose?!
My girls have chosen their dresses! Now this was originally my older daughter's task to dictate (she does this quite a bit) what princess dresses they each wear, but to our suprise my 20 month old made quite sure to put her two cents in as well (very loudly). :) My oldest daughter chose Aurora as planned, although she was not quite happy about trying it on in the middle of Toys R Us (because mommy was not going to end up buying 2 for her). Then we found an adorable toddler Snow White dress, which is what my oldest daughter had planned for the baby. However, the minute I picked up the Snow White dress, the baby started screaming "Me Mouse Me Mouse!!" and sure enough next to the baby princess dresses was a baby Minnie Mouse dress. It was adorably cute, pink with white polka dots with a bow at the waste and came with ears. Well, Kenzie was certain that they had to both be princesses so we walked off with the SW dress. The baby was not going to let this slide and spent the next 2 minutes screaming for Minnie until my oldest finally said "Mommy, do you think she would rather have Minnie?" :rolleyes1. "What would give you that idea, sweetheart?". So we walked out with Aurora and Minnie! The are pretty nice and only cost $17 and $21. princess:
The Going to Disney t-shirts are picked out: Alice in Wonderland, Phineas and Ferb and Winnie the Pooh! :woohoo:
Now for our list of movies we have been watching or are planning to watch to prepare for our trip: Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Alice in Wonderland, Bambi, Pinocchio, Jungle Book, The Narnia movies, the Princess and the Frog, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Snow White, Mulan, Mulan 2, Ichobad and Mr. Toad, the Sword and the Stone, The Emperor's New Groove, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Rescuers and Fun and Fancy Free! :woohoo:
And I still have not done any Disney nights! UGH!

Well, now my oldest daughter wants to wear a pink and white Minnie dress just like her baby sister....so back to eBay I went as I had no luck finding any such dress in her size at the regular stores. So, $42 later, we now have a pink and white Minnie dress with ears for both girls. So much for saving $ not buying them at the parks, ey?! Now, the plan is for the girls to wear their Minnies to Chef Mickeys and Backyard BBQ and now the princess dresses to Akershus and 1900 PF, which means we have to go back to Toys R Us and get the baby Snow White dress after all. Well, at least they are relatively cheap here. And there will be so many adorable pix!! :lovestruc
Next, the 4 of us who will be pin trading divided up all our eBay pins and most of us have decided on a "theme" for our lanyards (not me). My son is going with a Hidden Mickey/Star Wars/Frog theme :goodvibes, my daughter has decided to do all the "baby" pins (characters as babies), which I am psyched to collect with her, my brother is sticking with his Tinker Bell theme. Then there is me who still has no idea what theme I want to go with??
Well, I better get off the Dis and go clean my house seeing as I have 15 second graders coming for a birthday party on Sunday and you can't even walk in my playroom without breaking a soldiers head or a barbie leg. :scared1:

So funny about the dresses...that would happen to me too. At least you will have cute pics and many dress up opportunities after the trip. The pin trading sounds neat. We have not done that before but I think the kids would love it. Do you mind telling me who you used on ebay?

Oh, and to answer your questions - we are staying at the WL. We stayed there 2 years ago and loved it. My parents are going for the first time and they really wanted the WL so I was happy to oblige. I do not have a pre-trip report - wish I could motivate!

Good luck with your preparations. I have so much to do!!

We enjoy getting pins to trade from Ebay as well...DH actually gets them for me for Christmas. Most of the ones I got from Christmas this year are good for trading. My two older kids got a bunch of pins in their Easter baskets from my mom (she took my "fill the eggs with pins" idea...at least she didn't take the "fill the eggs with Disney Dollars" idea!), too, so they will at least have some to trade (Haley has decided to keep several of hers).

The Minnie dresses sound adorable! My two-year-old tomorrow :-)scared1:) has a Yoda costume my MIL found at an after-Halloween sale that he adores. And he's taken to screaming out Elmo's name whenever he sees him, too, so I know how it feels to be somewhere and have them yelling about what hey want. :rolleyes: Of course, he always does it when he sees Mickey or Pooh, as well (yeah, having him screaming "Pooh!" at the top of his lungs in the store is just wonderful...), so it's never really peaceful to go shopping with that kid. :rotfl:

You're getting so close!!!!!

So, only 8 days left!! I could not sleep last night I am just too excited! I did the online check in last night, so easy. We have Minnie and princess dresses, Disney socks, Disney underwear, Disney bathing suits and all of our trading pins ready to go! I am 90% packed and all toiletries and first aid stuff is purchased. 1/3 haircuts done. Pedicure and eyebrows done. :) Reservations at hotel near airport for the night before all set. Can't believe it is here!!
Is it crazy that I am hoping for a BB offer so I can plan again when we get home and I haven't even left for this trip yet?? :rotfl:

Hey Everyone!! We are back from a fabulous trip!! We had an amazing time and feel so lucky. Everything was truly perfect despite the crowds and record heat! I am hoping to start a Trip Report at some point. Thanks to all who have been with me along the way!!!! And I know quite a few of you are going soon so I wish you a magical trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter