• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A Loss, An Illness, Our Very Own Peter Pan & Making Many Happily Ever Afters

Kelrykengab

DIS Veteran
Welcome to my very first Pre-Trip Report! I am new to this so hopefully someone will be interested in my craziness! First, I will explain briefly why WDW has become so important to me. In 2001, my 62 yo father who meant the world to me was diagnosed with a type of dementia that took away his ability to communicate and in the end all traces of the man I had adored my whole life. We lost him in 2005 after some very difficult years. My father had a wonderful life; traveling, had a family that loved him although he often told us he was going to "buy a house on a hill and live there by himself!" :rotfl:and he knew how to have a good time. He was in amazing health until 2001 and this experience taught me not to put off things thinking you can do them when you are older/have more $ etc. You just never know. Life is short. As if this was not a clear message to "stop and smell the roses", I (at the age of 31) was suddenly stricken with an illness that took away my muscle function and put me in the hospital for 2 weeks. I went from being an employee at the rehab hospital where I worked to being a patient there in a matter of days. I had to relearn how to dress myself, walk etc. . Nevermind the fact that I had a 14 month old son at home who I hadn't seen the entire time I was hospitalized. Through much determination and I think some angel intervention, I recovered and today I am myself again! I know how precious our moments on this planet are. So, I have decided we are going to live each moment to the fullest and WDW is part of our mad plan.
Secondly, I need to introduce the cast of characters who will be escaping to the happiest place on Earth this May 2010! There will be six of us and I will be back soon to introduce us. Time to get my princess to dance class. :lovestruc

My goodness gracious, you have been through some rough times. But, like you said, it changed your way of thinking....don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy life for what it is!

OK. I have got one interested person anyway :yay:. The cast is as follows:
Me: I am now in my late 30's, work as a Speech-Language Pathologist with adults who have had TBI's, strokes or other neurological disorders (a little ironic given my father's illness and my own). I love scrapbooking our memories, traveling, making new friends and being with my friends and family. I have always had a little stubborness, outspokeness, craziness/rule braking in me. We won't talk about the time I almost was not allowed to leave Russia when I was visiting there at the age of 17:upsidedow. I am married to a wonderful and patient man who should probably be awarded some sort of medal for putting up with me. I have also been blessed with 3 amazing children who ended up being just like me after my mother cursed me many years ago by yelling "I hope your children turn out just like you someday!!". I love my mother, but can't talk her into joining us in Disney.
My hubby: About to be 40! He is the opposite of me. Quiet, would be happy to just stay home, doesn't like being the center of attention. Somehow, he remains however. His favorite past time is taking up skating/playing hockey as an adult and we now have a huge ice-rink in our backyard, which sometimes is a swimming pool with this ever-changing NE weather.
My Son: He is 7 years old and has a mind of his own and it is not going to be changed! Luckily, he is an angel in school. I have frequently dreamed of sending him to boot camp, even got him the haircut; but apparently he is too young. His pediatrician assures me "he'll be someone someday". He didn't say if this future someone included some jail time :rolleyes1. I do love him and there are days where I feel I am the luckiest mom on earth (those are usually school days). He loves Star Wars and Donald Duck.
My oldest daughter: she is 5 going on 15 easily, is the "leader" of her pre-k classroom, will talk to anyone and does and wishes to be a mouseketeer when she grows up (she really means Musketeer) and has plans to go to Paris to do this when she is older thanks to Barbie. Can't wait for ToT, been waiting for 2 years! Loves all princesses, weddings and true love kisses.
My Baby: she is 19 months old, yells for "Mouse", "Minnie", "Duck", "Tuto" and "Oofy" all day and will bring the remote and say them louder if you do not respond. Her favorite thing to do since about 15 months old is sing Aroura's song "I know you..." while dancing with Prince Philip in circles. I am doomed!
Now on to my very own Peter Pan!

:banana:Joining in!:banana:

Wow! :hug: Y'all deserve to have the best WDW trip!

I have also been blessed with 3 amazing children who ended up being just like me after my mother cursed me many years ago by yelling "I hope your children turn out just like you someday!!".

:lmao: Yeah, I've got a mini me running around here. And my mom just laughs at my good fortune.

I just noticed that this never got posted so here I go again with My Very Own Peter Pan:
this is my 52 yo brother who despite having a very high IQ will never be growing up! He lives with my mother and takes care of my children when I work. Somehow he has managed to keep them alive to date :scared1:. Or maybe they are keeping him alive! He likes trains, comic books, video games, hero clix.....you get the picture. No tights yet, but you never know. My kids love him to pieces though and he is a great uncle! Very fittingly, he collects Tinker Bell pins when we are in WDW. Needless to say, he is on board the Disney train with us again this trip and we are thrilled to have him!:banana:
Our Plan: When I was in WDW in 2008 we stayed at Pop Century, which we loved, but CBR was calling me and I vowed that we would stay there next trip. So that is where we are going May 1-9, preferred room, 8 day PH with dining! Yay!:woohoo: Love making those ressies! Stay tuned for the Plan (I know, finally!).

Here is what we hope will happen. We would love any feedback!
57 days and 12 hours from now:

Day 1 May 1st: Flight leaves at 7:00am, we will be staying at a hotel next to the airport the night before so that Peter Pan won't have to wake up any earlier.......take MME to CBR, check in, look around and swim!
ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe at 6:00pm then spend as much time on ToT, Rocking RC and Star Tours as possible, check out TS with baby :cutie:

Day 2 May 2nd: counter brunch at Old Port Royale, Cosmic Rays, or El Pirata Y El Perico
off to MK....do some family rides with the baby, Splash Mountain! Daddy and son off to SM!
Shop for princess dresses for the girls princess:
back to hotel for rest and swimming
ADR Fantasmic Package 5:00pm at HW and Vine at HS
9:00pm Fantasmic! Can't wait to be saved by the mouse again!
Maybe off to the EMH at MK!
Stay tuned for the upcoming days.....

Day 3: Morning - Animal Kingdom
Opens - 9:00am : Closes - 5:00pm - Extra Morning Hours.
Eat counter brunch at Flame Tree BBQ AK then back to hotel about 1:00 to rest and swim
Girls get dressed in princess dresses
Character Dinner at 1900 Park Fare located at Grand Floridian Resort at 6:00pm - ADR
I hear the step-sisters argue...can't wait for that!
Afternoon & Evening - Magic Kingdom
Opens - 9:00am : Closes - 10:00pm
9:00 PM - "SpectroMagic" Parade
10:00 PM - Wishes™ Nighttime Spectacular

Day 4: Character Breakfast at Chef Mickey's located at Contemporary Resort at 10:35am - ADR We love it here and can't wait to see Donald attack DS again!
ride the monorail, and go back to hotel to ride bikes, swim and explore
Dinner at Old Port Royale or Shutters at CBR
MK or Epcot at night

Day 5: Dress the girls in their princess dresses princess:
Eat breakfast at Port Royale food court
Morning & Afternoon - Epcot
Character Lunch at Akershus located at Norway in Epcot at 1:30pm - ADR
Middle child is hoping to meet Ariel!
Back to hotel to swim, relax before extra hours at AK
Evening - Animal Kingdom
Opens - 9:00am : Closes - 5:00pm - Extra Evening Hours.
3:45 PM - Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
Eat small dinner/snack at AK

Should probably feed my children :scared1:...will return soon!

Well I see that a lot of people have looked, but no one is saying anything...What does that mean?:confused:
Well, i started this and my hubby will be home soon to make faces at me while I am on the computer so I better finish. Maybe I will figure out how to add pix. Although I might be the only one looking at them :rotfl:.

Day 6: morning-Magic Kingdom
Opens - 9:00am : Closes - 10:00pm - Extra Morning Hours.
Get counter breakfast at MK about 9:15
10:00am Pirates League in Adventureland for son and oldest daughter
We are all so excited for this new experience!
Enjoy MK as pirates.
Get seats at Backyard BBQ at 6:00pm
Character Dinner at Mickey's Backyard BBQ located at Fort Wilderness Resort at 6:30pm - ADR

Day 7: counter meal breakfast at Port Royale
Caribbean Pirate Adventure Cruise for son and oldest daughter 9:30am-11:30am
Dinner at Coral Reef located at Epcot at 6:05pm - ADR
Evening - Epcot
Opens - 9:00am : Closes - 9:00pm - Extra Evening Hours.
9:00 PM - IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth

Day 8:Morning - Hollywood Studios We love it here! Need to add more HS.
Opens - 9:00am : Closes - 7:00pm - Extra Morning Hours.
counter breakfast/snack at Fairfax Fare in HS
Try to do Jedi Training, Toy Story and EVERYTHING:banana:
Back to hotel to relax and swim
Character Dinner at Garden Grill located at Epcot at 5:20pm - ADR
Evening - Epcot
Opens - 9:00am : Closes - 9:00pm
9:00 PM - IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
OR we could go to the Magic Kingdom
Opens - 9:00am : Closes - 11:00pm
3:00 PM - Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade
9:00 PM - "SpectroMagic" Parade
10:00 PM - Wishes™ Nighttime Spectacular

Day 9: Spend the day at the resort, shop, eat, swim and then leave on Mickey's Magical Express at 3:50 for our 6:50pm flight and cry like a baby! :sad1:

Next, maybe I will fill you in on the mishaps along the way; although there hasn't been too many. Or maybe I can talk about the Family Disney Nights that i will try to create one of these days. That should be interesting. :laughing: Thanks to any of you who have taken the time to read this! :dance3:

Love your ADRs! We're big fans of Chef Mickey's and we really enjoyed Garden Grill last trip. We're trying Coral Reef for the first time.

I'm going to guess that you really like DHS. :rotfl: Mike and I are planning on going there one night by ourselves. I can't wait to ride ToT over and over. :yay:

I've noticed that a lot of people look at trip reports and don't comment. Sometimes I do that. If I commented on every single TR that I read, I would be on here all day. (Well, I guess I kind of already am) :rolleyes1 At least I know that if people are reading they're interested.

Can't wait to read more! I've got to get busy writing my next PTR post. :thumbsup2

I'm in! We'll be at CBR ourselves in just 7 days but in a standard room. The preferred rooms at the 4/3 deal were sold out. :sad2: We are hoping for Aruba or Jamaica.

Sounds like you've got everything pretty much planned out! Way to go!

Will you be posting pictures? I'd love to put a face to a name.

I'm in! We'll be at CBR ourselves in just 7 days but in a standard room. The preferred rooms at the 4/3 deal were sold out. :sad2: We are hoping for Aruba or Jamaica.

Yay! :woohoo: You will be there in a few days! We were given the 35% off deal, but they took away our preferred rooms without telling us to do it so when I figured that out I called and asked for the gift card instead. We have two reservations so it ended up being a pretty sweet deal especially seeing all the ways you can use the cards. Enjoy your vaca and I will look forward to your posts when you return!!! Thanks for joining in too! :banana:

It's super easy to post pictures. Just go to www.photobucket.com and register. It's free of charge. Once you've registered, you can upload your pictures from your computer onto their site. After your pictures are uploaded, you'll see three (or maybe four) links underneath each picture in your album. You'll need to copy that link. Then, come back to this thread, paste the link and click Submit Reply. Your picture(s) will appear on the next page.

I'm in! This sounds like a well-deserved vacation. I can't wait to read more.

Take care,
B

It's super easy to post pictures. Just go to www.photobucket.com and register. It's free of charge. Once you've registered, you can upload your pictures from your computer onto their site. After your pictures are uploaded, you'll see three (or maybe four) links underneath each picture in your album. You'll need to copy that link. Then, come back to this thread, paste the link and click Submit Reply. Your picture(s) will appear on the next page.

well, i tried and screwed up! Now i am determined so i will be back tomorrow! Hopefully, you won't say "oh man these people are ugly, why was i wanting to look at this people?" :rotfl:.

I use Photobucket but there are a lot of other free photo hosting sites like imageshack.com. It took me a few tries to get my account set up and photos shared on different blog and websites but once you get the hang of it you'll be a pro!

Photobucket has been a little slow for me but it definitely could be user issues or the fact that I now have over 500 MB in photos on my account!

Take care!
B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter